Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Mission 25: Void  (Read 26954 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 25: Void
« Reply #180 on: December 22, 2015, 06:37:22 pm »

"I guess stopping is something we ought to try first. Though I could definitely see it going horribly wrong, of course. And it's not gravity that it seems to be using. It might just be pulling us toward it, or warping spacetime in a less specific manner."

STOP! The ship, of course.

Observe results.

If nothing at all good happens, try the previously described juke to put some distance between the current orbit and the ship.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 22, 2015, 07:04:06 pm »

what to do what to do....look out  the right side window into spess and get all philosophical
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 23, 2015, 10:29:52 pm »

Lars nodded.  "Do what you must, brother.  I will pray for us."

Keep running!  Pray to Algis for protection, Ingram to guide Jason's shot, and Cog-azaon to understand this anomaly.
Who is flying the ship right now, by the way? In case we need to roll for evasive maneuvers.

Lars.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 24, 2015, 01:42:01 am »

Shoot harder. Because I really can't do much else. Fire both weapons at the anomaly. Cross the beams! Do something that hopefully helps.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 27, 2015, 03:04:44 pm »

Shoot harder. Because I really can't do much else. Fire both weapons at the anomaly. Cross the beams! Do something that hopefully helps.
I get ready to help if the thing aggresses
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #185 on: December 28, 2015, 03:31:33 pm »

"Why is it just one thing after the other in here? This is space! It should be empty!"

Drop another buoy in this grid, then either keep going ahead in a wide berth around the cosmic diatoms, or alter course to keep in comms range of Capgras (but still avoid the diatoms).

Viewing the video, Miyamoto is starting to realise how bad the situation is for Capgras.

"Capgras, have you decided yet what you're gonna try to loose it?"

Keeping a wide berth would involve leaving this square and literally circling around it,  losing coms with the others for a while.

Now add the rebreathers and spark gap to the laser. So it shoots lightning and works better in space.

attempt to fashion together a make shift barrel and some electronics out of the scrap and wires I have
Doesn't work like that, mcguyver.
((Sure it does! What is a coilgun other than a metal barrel, copper coils, and some electricity?))
Timing circuits, capacitors, triggering circuits, etc.

"I guess stopping is something we ought to try first. Though I could definitely see it going horribly wrong, of course. And it's not gravity that it seems to be using. It might just be pulling us toward it, or warping spacetime in a less specific manner."

STOP! The ship, of course.

Observe results.

If nothing at all good happens, try the previously described juke to put some distance between the current orbit and the ship.

You slam the ship to a stop via your magic newton enraging devices.  The kidney bean barrels past you and wiggles off into the distance, but not before the close encounter with it's gravity well hucks you violently off course and a full squares to the south east.

what to do what to do....look out  the right side window into spess and get all philosophical
We don't have windows.

Your philosophy in relation to a blank steel wall is rather depressing.
Lars nodded.  "Do what you must, brother.  I will pray for us."

Keep running!  Pray to Algis for protection, Ingram to guide Jason's shot, and Cog-azaon to understand this anomaly.
Who is flying the ship right now, by the way? In case we need to roll for evasive maneuvers.

Lars.
Got it.

You continue to shoot. The space honey badger continues to not give a fuck

LARS PILOTING ROLL [4]

Lars jerks the shuttle hard and the glowing...invisible...spaghetti thing rockets past. It starts to turn almost immediately,  making a wide sweep back toward the ship.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 28, 2015, 04:04:40 pm »

"Ok team, we've lost comms with Capgras now that they tried their maneuver to shake the planetoid anomaly. Let's hope that works out for them. What do we do now? I'd say we move around these things in front of us, then wait for a while on the other side to see if they can catch up again. Might also give team Scrupulosity the time they need to catch up. All this ok for you guys?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 28, 2015, 04:08:29 pm »

Right! That seems to have gone all right.

Next thing - can we get back on the previously plotted course? That'd be... er... north-northeast until we rejoin the formation? Is the kidney bean around those parts?

If yes, wait in paradoxical motionlessness some more for it to find someone more interesting to bother, like our wonderful commander or something.

If not, get back on track. Pilot the talking synthflesh coatrack that pilots our ship like a true space cowboy.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 06:44:03 pm by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 28, 2015, 05:46:25 pm »

Turn in toward its turn to attempt to shoot past it before it can correct!  Evade evade!  Pray to Hal-mon for his assistance with piloting!

"Brothers, hang on tight!"

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 28, 2015, 06:39:16 pm »

[b]try to find a shooty thing that will allow me to shoot at the weird space meatballs and things[/b]
spar in the sparing ring
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:53:33 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 28, 2015, 07:02:02 pm »

I suppose now is as good a time as any to pray. And to keep shooting.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 29, 2015, 12:46:26 am »

"Ok team, we've lost comms with Capgras now that they tried their maneuver to shake the planetoid anomaly. Let's hope that works out for them. What do we do now? I'd say we move around these things in front of us, then wait for a while on the other side to see if they can catch up again. Might also give team Scrupulosity the time they need to catch up. All this ok for you guys?"
"Oh great more waiting. I suppose its the best we can do."

Dubley sets up a makeshift sparring ring in the rec room then finds Sir Jackson.
"Yo Sir J, you wanna spar? I gotta practice with these new arms and you gotta get used to your armour."
If he agrees then we spar.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 29, 2015, 12:51:52 am »

"Oh great more waiting. I suppose its the best we can do."

Dubley sets up a makeshift sparring ring in the rec room then finds Sir Jackson.
"Yo Sir J, you wanna spar? I gotta practice with these new arms and you gotta get used to your armour."
If he agrees then we spar.
i don't see why not.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 29, 2015, 02:15:19 am »

"Don't ask me why Steve, in his infinite wisdom, decided we needed three people for a one pilot ship. Either way, I'm plotting the course."

yes, circle around it. We will move around and then get back on our line. Then we will lower speed a bit and wait for others to catch up.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 29, 2015, 12:54:34 pm »

"Don't ask me why Steve, in his infinite wisdom, decided we needed three people for a one pilot ship. Either way, I'm plotting the course."

"One person to pilot the ship and two to help him screw in lightbulbs."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16