Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Victorian Mod "bugfixing and tea" edition[0.40.xx]  (Read 10943 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Victorian Mod (Needs a real name)[0.40xx][WIP]
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2015, 05:56:25 pm »

Yeah, it's an interesting niche having things be more about the interplay between all the civs than "rawr lets put gears on the dragons too!" type stuff.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2015, 07:29:06 pm »

Dapper Fort
The VicDorfian Era
Fucking Tophats Everywhere

Heh. I'll look into it.

I'm starting to run low on ideas (Well, I actually ran low on them a long time ago) and can't seem to find any fixable bug.

Anyone who is interested feel fee to tell me if you want to see anything in the mod.
What about procedurally generated beasties? Patchwork creatures come to mind, ala Frankenstien's monster, as do steampowered robots. It should be possible by using DFHack to put them into virtual memory during worldgen. Just make sure they have the GENERATED tag.

While Frankenstein's monster is a really nice idea, I don't know how I feel about steampunkish stuff...

I mean, steampunk is really great, but I want to keep it, how to say it, "semi-realistic".
Fair enough.

What about procedureally-generated nations? That could be quite interesting.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

DrunkGamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Beer loving Gentledwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 05:25:47 pm »

Dapper Fort
The VicDorfian Era
Fucking Tophats Everywhere

Heh. I'll look into it.

I'm starting to run low on ideas (Well, I actually ran low on them a long time ago) and can't seem to find any fixable bug.

Anyone who is interested feel fee to tell me if you want to see anything in the mod.
What about procedurally generated beasties? Patchwork creatures come to mind, ala Frankenstien's monster, as do steampowered robots. It should be possible by using DFHack to put them into virtual memory during worldgen. Just make sure they have the GENERATED tag.

While Frankenstein's monster is a really nice idea, I don't know how I feel about steampunkish stuff...

I mean, steampunk is really great, but I want to keep it, how to say it, "semi-realistic".
Fair enough.

What about procedureally-generated nations? That could be quite interesting.

Sounds nice, but I'm slightly scared about how difficult that would be and if it would be possible to do without DFhack (Which I'm trying to avoid using)

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 04:24:25 am »

For the record, I would definitely want to play elfy Ottomans. I might even be down to making a tileset if it would help.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2015, 06:34:53 am »

Draw me a turban for these elves, the fourth row:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dorfs
Adventurers
Humans
Elves
Goblins
Nobledorf/kids/kobold

No clue how to make the goblins look french and I doubt I could do Ogres/Trolls better than CLA already did, but I did manage to get a passable bowler hat for the humans, not sure how you'd do that russian earmuff hat, whatshakvakhdf or whatever it is called.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 10:02:25 am by Max™ »

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2015, 01:10:37 pm »

It's called an ushanka! A good reference for a simple ushanka is South Park. It can probably be reduced fairly easily.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2015, 01:39:24 pm »

Hmmm, I'll tinker with it some when I get back in a doodling mood, that should be easier to set up. My turban attempts all went to shit real fast which sucks because it is a neat idea. The bowler hat was easy since I just rearranged parts of the tophat so it's got the curvature shading right away.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2015, 01:44:22 pm »

Well I imagine you'd want a keffiyeh for the ottomans. A turban is more Sikh than Arabic. I tooled around for a little bit. The real hard part is both having the headdress and keeping the ears, really.

EDIT: Eh. I guess the turks did wear proper turbans. Whatevs.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:48:06 pm by Rekov »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2015, 01:48:58 pm »

Hell, I have no idea on either one, I even looked at some pixel art stuff but couldn't find anything I could just rip directly.

Forwe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 03:52:48 pm »

Meh. I was thinking that I should just wait for the next DF update, and yet another awesome looking mod appears to foil my plans :/
But I've a question, is this balanced for adventure mode, or should I keep with just fort mode for now?

DrunkGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2015, 05:25:42 pm »

Meh. I was thinking that I should just wait for the next DF update, and yet another awesome looking mod appears to foil my plans :/
But I've a question, is this balanced for adventure mode, or should I keep with just fort mode for now?

Thanks to MaxTM the mod is fully playable in adventure mode.

To be honest, it's actually more playable in adv mode than Fort Mode (Not saying Fort Mode is unplayable, it just haves some bugs I want to fix).

I was thinking about making 2 branches, one for fort mode and the other one for adv mode so I can concentrate on different stuff. If Max is up to it we could divide the work, as he's pretty awesome when it comes to modding adv mode.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 08:51:35 pm »

I was tempted to add more shit but the way you have it now it turned out really fun just having all the different civs and wars and shit. Really all I did was the armor stacking and musket reactions. In WanderLust (my mod, capital L because I named it when I didn't know about the tileset yet >.<) the fort mode is more or less vanilla except for the incidental stuff leaking in from adventurer mode like tougher megabeast/dorf materials, tougher goblin hide/bones, and the weaponry stuff of course.

Forwe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2015, 01:49:33 am »

Ok, cool. Thank you for replies :)

DrunkGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2015, 12:55:33 pm »

Alright, got good news and bad news (The bad news are pretty soft, so don't panic)

The good news are that I added a lot of clothing and managed to get the basic gun-making reactions and workshops (Workshops borrowed from the black powder mod, but the reactions were made by me) working.

The bad news are that the new reactions and workshop make the Bowyer's shop completely useless and I can't remove it because I believe it's hard coded (And I don't want to mess around with dfhack).

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2015, 01:47:16 pm »

Can't you just eliminate the [PERMITTED_JOB:BOWYER]?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4