Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37

Author Topic: Re: Dominions 4 Round 18: More Worser Things (Hashed NationGen) - game finished  (Read 101372 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

I should be on a team with a competent player, that way we dont get too rolled over.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

I should be on a team with a competent player, that way we dont get too rolled over.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If we take Boksi we'd have 9 players. Leaving that matter tabled for the moment, we need to decide on what kinds of teams we're looking at. We're short a couple if we want 4x3 (or 3x4, though I don't know why we'd want that). If we're happy with 2xN teams, we have more flexibility, although I'm not in love with two-player teams. We also have enough for 3x3, although I've heard some reasonable concerns that trios can't help but lead to gang-ups (although that doesn't mean the gangers-up will be able to follow through with their gang-up before the inevitable backstab occurs...)

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

Alright. I feel obligated to make up for my miserable showing in round 15 (And I finished moving so I have time, won't stale unless events conspire against me or I just forget)... So allow me to stick my name forward.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you want 4x3 then I'll stick my name forward, even though I've not played MP before (and not played a huge amount of SP), hopefully I don't flail too badly. Then you only need one more person for that, by my count.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

If you want 4x3 then I'll stick my name forward, even though I've not played MP before (and not played a huge amount of SP), hopefully I don't flail too badly. Then you only need one more person for that, by my count.

Don't worry! You can't be any worse at flailing than I am! Although I do tend to be a very stubborn flailer...

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Don't worry! You can't be any worse at flailing than I am! Although I do tend to be a very stubborn flailer...

Stubbornness is a virtue in this game.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Nothing like kingmaking by jamming yourself into someone's craw as they kill you. Never give up, never surrender, spread bane venom charms everywhere! Pillage the lands before the barbarians take them, if we can't have them no one can! Stubbornness in dominions is a virtue, but your stubbornness is often someone else's virtue :P

Which is pretty great.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh man, NationGen Disciples could be some serious comedy gold. Fear the flying fish riders.

I'll throw my name in the hat as either a player or a sub, depending on how you guys want to setup the game. I certainly won't be offended if I'm the odd man out and have to sub.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I, too, am interested for the sheer comic gold of nationgen diciples.

So, in summary, throw me in as a player/sub too

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How does Ng handle pretender chassises? Does it generate new ones?

Edit: I thought I'd check the readme, but it's one line. :V
Doesn't matter anyways, I don't think I'll be joining.

(I would have deleted this post, but there doesn't seem to be a button for it that I can find!)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 02:27:20 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doesn't generate new pretenders, but the access to pretenders is random.
I think it's a pity you don't get 1-3 pretender based on your (sacred) commanders :/

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 18: More Worser Things (Hashed NationGen) - Planning
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2015, 03:36:57 pm »

NG assigns nations to regional groups, which have different chances of using different homerealms, each of which has different pretenders and a few national spells.

Since we have 12 players (plus a controversial 13th), I'm going to close recruitment. ATM, I'm looking at 4x3, with Boksi being the odd man out, as reliability is more of an issue for larger games. I don't want that to be perceived as stigmatizing you, Boksi; you've never vanished into thin air and always make a good-faith effort to keep pushing out your turns, but you've had competing time commitments in the 4.17 that make me reluctant to include you right now when we have a nice, round 12 others.

So. We need to fix an era, decide on rules, decide on a map, and decide on teams. And I need to get NG to the point where I can justifiably push out 0.6.9, as there's a number of small things that I find very annoying in 0.6.8. I'm aiming to get that to a releasable state by the end of the weekend, even if that just means finding a convenient dividing point and releasing e.g. only some regional themes for primates in this patch.

For picking teams, I'm going to leave that open for discussion.

For picking a map, since we have a slightly larger group than usual, I'm going to suggest Hexawyr, which would be 18.75 land provinces (plus ~3 sea provinces) per player. This is certainly open to debate, though.

For rules, we foremost need to pick era and whether we want to do fixed start or any such thing. Oh, and I'm going to tentatively go ahead and say we'll do the "collective mulligan" thing, as that seemed to be acceptable to the majority. We can also start squabbling about thrones, though that really needs to wait for the map to be chosen. I'd point out that my experience suggests that 2/3s or 3/4s is a better win condition for a disciples match than 50%+1 - when you're dealing with a team, rushes can be far more sudden and dramatic, and you can theoretically achieve total victory by conquest with 25% of the starting players still in the game.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2015, 04:09:59 pm »

I think I've got 2 things to say :
I'd love MA/LA era, as not to get a most-giant nation draft.
Also, we pick nations after we have the teams set up, right ?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2015, 04:57:21 pm »

Fomorians have had their probability cut in half. In EA, they had been as half as common as "normal" humans, and almost twice as common as any regional variants. They should be more... reasonable now.

And we'll generate our nations once we have our teams, yes. How exactly teams are fixed needs decided, though, and probably should be done with balancing experience in mind.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37