Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37

Author Topic: Re: Dominions 4 Round 18: More Worser Things (Hashed NationGen) - game finished  (Read 101011 times)

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 18: More Worser Things (Hashed NationGen) - Planning
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2015, 05:08:25 pm »

From the list, I haven't seen any of those players in the Bay12 games :
bulborbish, EuchreJack, Hatman, Mini, PrimusRibbus.
So I'd say, one in each team ?
I think we should find who are the 4 "best" players in our list (EA, you should be in. Don't really know about the others), and have them in a team each, too, and we would be done quickly ^^

About thrones, if we're going for Hexawyr, maybe just a bit more than we had in the 417 ? The throne number seemed good for the size :)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2015, 05:26:33 pm »

Given the players we have, I'd say a four-person "veteran player list/team captain list" would be Alstar, me, EucreJack, and Frumple. This is based on both perceived experience, and perceived complexity of play. EucreJack has no Dom4 experience, but was more than capable in Dom3. ElfEater would be my fallback for the fourth - if either of you two have strong feeling about this, feel free to play a rousing game of it/not-it. If we have any unrecognized experienced players hiding in our midst, though, speak up.

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2015, 06:29:31 pm »

If we're voting on eras, and all I can rely on a given era giving me are independent troops, I vote middle, which I believe gives better access to fortless scouts than EA without giving everyone access to cheap indy crossbows which might obsolete distinctive national archers. I'm not exactly a world renowned expert on poptypes, though, so let me know if I'm mistaken.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2015, 06:33:29 pm »

If we're voting on eras, and all I can rely on a given era giving me are independent troops, I vote middle, which I believe gives better access to fortless scouts than EA without giving everyone access to cheap indy crossbows which might obsolete distinctive national archers. I'm not exactly a world renowned expert on poptypes, though, so let me know if I'm mistaken.
This reasoning seems sound to me - I also vote MA.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2015, 06:48:02 pm »

ElfEater would be my fallback for the fourth - if either of you two have strong feeling about this, feel free to play a rousing game of it/not-it.
*flails around going not-it*

I don't consider myself a vet d4 player at all, ha. Single player experience has almost entirely been just me screwing around, and I've been in all of 3 MP games, one still on-going (and my continued existence entirely due to the lack of hostility from my immediate neighbors) and another as a late-game sub for a dying nation. My play is generally incredibly lazy at best :V

... though it doesn't help I keep ending up with astral heavy nations. I really don't really know what to do with astral heavy nations, still, ahaha.

Era wise, I'd probably throw in for MA this time, unless someone wanted to be silly and just genned all three to vote on.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 06:51:52 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2015, 09:53:27 pm »

ElfEater would be my fallback for the fourth - if either of you two have strong feeling about this, feel free to play a rousing game of it/not-it.
*flails around going not-it*
Obvious cheap solution being both of you on the same team.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2015, 10:20:09 pm »

Oh Jesus, I am trash at Dom4, please no captainship
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2015, 10:44:30 pm »

Frumple, you have a solid strategic mind and a buggish understanding of the rules. That counts for a lot. I'm getting called a vet and I don't think this'll even make 10 games for me - my major selling point is much the same as what I'm crediting you with, although a conniving, weaselly manner of approaching the game could probably be added to my list of "virtues", hehehe. Well, let's be honest: yours too. :P

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2015, 11:30:58 am »

MA is fine by me. Right mix of crazy monsters and generic 'mans.

I play dominions 4 singleplayer mostly, and have some small multiplayer experience in Bay12 and SA multiplayer games, so probably qualify best to be treated as one of the "mid experienced players".

So as for teams (based off a combo of IWIWSarah and E.Albright), the current suggestion is E. Albright, Alstar, Frumple, and Eucrejack as team captains.
I'll pair the 4 inexperienced team members (bulborbish4, Hatman1, Mini3, PrimusRibbus2) at a 1 per team rate.

Code: [Select]
Team 1          Team 2          Team 3          Team 4
E. Albright     Alstar          Frumple         Eucrejack
Hatman          PrimusRibbus    Mini            Bulborbish
Of the Final 4 (BFEL, Elfeater, IWIWSarah, JillaDilla) they should probably be assigned based off of relative experience to balance teams out.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2015, 12:18:05 am »

MA is fine by me. Right mix of crazy monsters and generic 'mans.

I play dominions 4 singleplayer mostly, and have some small multiplayer experience in Bay12 and SA multiplayer games, so probably qualify best to be treated as one of the "mid experienced players".

So as for teams (based off a combo of IWIWSarah and E.Albright), the current suggestion is E. Albright, Alstar, Frumple, and Eucrejack as team captains.
I'll pair the 4 inexperienced team members (bulborbish4, Hatman1, Mini3, PrimusRibbus2) at a 1 per team rate.

E. Albright     Alstar          Frumple         Euchrejack
Of the Final 4 (BFEL, Elfeater, IWIWSarah, JillaDilla) they should probably be assigned based off of relative experience to balance teams out.

Awh, you want to be on my team!  I'm too flattered to say no!
(Plus, your experience with Dominions 4 should par well with my multiplayer B12 Dominions but no Dom4 experience).
...I really should be fiddling around with Dom4 so I'm not completely incompetent.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2015, 12:29:35 am »

Eh, I'll also throw in for team 4. Euchre helped me last round (though lotta good that did :P) so I suppose I should avoid squishing him.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2015, 12:31:39 am »

Eh, I'll also throw in for team 4. Euchre helped me last round (though lotta good that did :P) so I suppose I should avoid squishing him.

And I'll accept, provided no objections from Bulborbish.  I was going to suggest BFEL join my team due to our prior conversations regarding strategy, but I didn't want to offend anyone.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2015, 01:24:32 am »

I have no problems, I'm the "noob" of the team afterall.

Current Teams:
                                                BFEL

Elfeater, IWIWSarah, and Jilladilla still need a team.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 01:31:13 am by bulborbish »

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2015, 04:05:08 am »

Hum, I don't really care. I'd rather not be with Alstar, as he will hate me from pillaging his thrones in the 417, so ... Team 3 ?

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2015, 11:27:01 am »

Current Teams:
                                IWIWSarah       BFEL

So I guess first come first serve for the final two slots (Elfeater & Jilladilla). I guess if people want they can just claim them for their team.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37