Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37

Author Topic: Re: Dominions 4 Round 18: More Worser Things (Hashed NationGen) - game finished  (Read 96336 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 18: More Worser Things (Hashed NationGen) - Game underway
« Reply #195 on: December 03, 2015, 02:41:28 am »

On a completely unrelated note, Turns seems to be fast and furious.  Any chance they can be a little longer?

Haha. Apparently someone forgot the admin is gonna be AFK all weekend. I'll do one more turn if it's possible before I leave, but in any case from sometime Th morning through sometime M evening is gonna be the pause I mentioned last week right before we started.

Oh, I already knew about that.  I was just requesting the regular turn time be extended.  An extra 12 hours each turn would probably work.

Have fun over the weekend!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 03, 2015, 09:43:01 am »

Heh. I more or less understood that exactly backwards. Hmm... should I fall back on the tried and true excuse of being a ditzy blond airhead, or blame the late hour? Enh, why not both?

...I'll bump it up to 36h, but that's as high as I'll go any time soon since these should be 5m turns for a bit yet.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2015, 11:21:45 am »

Heh. I more or less understood that exactly backwards. Hmm... should I fall back on the tried and true excuse of being a ditzy blond airhead, or blame the late hour? Enh, why not both?

...I'll bump it up to 36h, but that's as high as I'll go any time soon since these should be 5m turns for a bit yet.

Thanks, that is exactly what I was going to suggest.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 03, 2015, 03:27:36 pm »

I'm sure NationGen doesn't help.

"Nice team you've got there. It would be a shame if something... happened to it." -NationGen RNG, probably
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 04, 2015, 08:19:54 am »

Anyone know if allies can capture thrones in a province I own? Or will I have to concede the territory to them first?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 04, 2015, 04:08:01 pm »

Anyone know if allies can capture thrones in a province I own? Or will I have to concede the territory to them first?
I'm PRETTY sure they can do it without conceding. Don't quote me on that though, its still my first disciples game.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 10, 2015, 06:58:50 am »

I'm afraid I'll need an extension on the turn after the one currently being played (or possibly the one after that if it gets processed by the time I wake up in the morning), though if were already at 38 hours one more day should cover it.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 10, 2015, 10:10:08 pm »

I'll push the next turn 24h.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2015, 03:18:36 pm »

Finally got my turn in, so new turn is out now.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 16, 2015, 09:47:29 am »

Quote from: The Game
A unexpected event has occured in Euke's Summer Province

A local sect has flourished.  Their leader preaches that labor is for the wicked.

And thus Euke was tempted into the One True Faith...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2015, 07:40:44 am »

Hey Albright? You probably get asked this a lot, but why can't NatGen make underwater nations? Also are there plans to add that ability or is there some weird hardcoded thing preventing it?

Indeed, I do this.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 17, 2015, 11:18:35 am »

It's a hardcoded thing, and it's a content thing. There's a (relatively) small amount of work needed to implement it, but it's focused and involved enough that I don't feel inclined to attempt it (my code contributions are generally superficial and rather dodgy, or very deep but incredibly narrow - NationGen is a convoluted nest of spaghetti code, so any complex change is fraught with hard-to-debug unintended consequences), and it's something that's never moved Elmokki overmuch - although we did semi-recently lay out what it'd take to make it happen. Right now, though, it's the academic year so Elmokki is minimally involved with NationGen. The recent underwater patch did help push us more towards adding UW nations as an option, and if there actually is a forthcoming "second half" of said patch, it could get us to the tipping point, especially if something is done to fundementally change UW's strategic "flatness". We Shall See - I'm sure no one will be shocked to hear that I actually am very keen on adding merhoburgs...

(To clarify, if it's not glaringly obvious, NationGen is Elmokki's baby, and they're responsible for almost all the coding therein. I've added a few chunks of code (and doggedly tracked down some very deeply embedded bugs), but my main contribution has been content - lots and lots of content. I've also helped shape the project's direction by shrilly whining for specific functionality, and then gleefully exploiting said functionality to the fullest - having someone make good use of what you make is always a nice motivator. :) But NG has been around for a looooong time (2007? 2008?) and my own involvement with its rats'-nest of code and content has only been over the last 18mo, so I tend to be reluctant to attempt anything too involved.)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 17, 2015, 11:32:17 am »

I'm sure no one will be shocked to hear that I actually am very keen on adding merhoburgs...
The most shocking thing is that there aren't already winged hoburgs, minoburgs, and other horrible horrible things that everyone groans at when they see them.

Indeed, I do this.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 17, 2015, 11:41:12 am »

I'm sure no one will be shocked to hear that I actually am very keen on adding merhoburgs...
The most shocking thing is that there aren't already winged hoburgs, minoburgs, and other horrible horrible things that everyone groans at when they see them.
Stop giving him ideas or we'll get:
NationGen: Ultimate Hoburg Edition

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 17, 2015, 11:56:48 am »

No, the most shocking thing is that you think there aren't any of these things. Please, give me some credit! Although admittedly, there are only winged sacred hoburgs (two kinds, fae and bat-winged!) and not... um... Caelburgs?

That reminds me, I still need to finish the vine-farmer and mind-controlling-pod-slaver hoburg themes for non-industrialized hoburgs at some point...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37