Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37

Author Topic: Re: Dominions 4 Round 18: More Worser Things (Hashed NationGen) - game finished  (Read 102791 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 18: More Worser Things (Hashed NationGen) - Game underway
« Reply #285 on: February 05, 2016, 12:00:19 am »

D'ya wanna try switching to a different email account? If you do, just shoot me a message with the addy...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 05, 2016, 12:35:13 am »

D'ya wanna try switching to a different email account? If you do, just shoot me a message with the addy...
That's my only email account.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 05, 2016, 01:28:10 am »

Well, it's up to you. If you don't think it's worth the trouble to set up a freebie email account on Gmail or Yahoo or wherever, that's that. So shall we start recruiting a replacement then?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 18: More Worser Things (Hashed NationGen) - SUB NEEDED
« Reply #288 on: February 05, 2016, 09:17:03 pm »

So I guess we're looking for a replacement for Pythia? Totally viable position, team is in good shape, etc. We just need a sub because of the aforementioned technical difficulties. I'll per-emptively delay the turn by 24h while hoping we get a sucker kind soul to step in and take charge of that grotesque amalgamation of minotaurs and hoburgs...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 05, 2016, 09:27:42 pm »

I would be happy to volunteer :3

... yes, m'joking. Mostly.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 05, 2016, 09:45:08 pm »

Well, yes, but then we need to find a replacement for Tuyuda. And while I'd gladly replace Tuyuda, then EuchreJack would have to replace Karang. And then AlStar would have to replace Gaoor. And IWIWS would have to replace Banebo. Etc... no, better not to start down that path...  :P

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 05, 2016, 10:25:39 pm »

I've not noticed before, because it takes a relatively unusual set of circumstances for me to throw a lot of  one path indy mages into a single battle, but the game pluralises shaman as shamen. Shaman is it's own plural. I just want everyone to know that. Have a nice day.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 05, 2016, 10:35:13 pm »

That's a disputable point. I really prefer shaman as a plural of shaman, but the orthodox plural is actually the even-more-noxious-than-shamen shamans.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 05, 2016, 11:01:24 pm »

Well, yes, but then we need to find a replacement for Tuyuda. And while I'd gladly replace Tuyuda, then EuchreJack would have to replace Karang. And then AlStar would have to replace Gaoor. And IWIWS would have to replace Banebo. Etc... no, better not to start down that path...  :P

Musical chairs just got real.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 05, 2016, 11:11:57 pm »

That does kinda' make me wonder what a round-robin match would be like. Everyone shifts to a different nation every turn (or every few turns, whatever), losing condition is your last submitted turn leading to that nation's defeat. I guess you'd do something like make throwaway email accounts for each nation and give everyone the passwords?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 06, 2016, 01:58:39 am »

There would necessarily be a lot of honor system involved with that setup, but it could work.

Probably the best way to do it would be to have an admin who's not playing flip a virtual coin (2-3 sided) to see if there's a switch after each turn - and possibly randomly assign the next nations played. That way you can't just intentionally tank your nation, as you don't know if you'll be getting rid of them this turn, or dying - and it'd be a risk to cripple them too badly, because even after a switch you might go right back to them. A winning strategy would probably involve a brinkmanship of mediocrity...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 06, 2016, 04:28:42 pm »

Musical chairs just got real.

Nah, I'd never give up my Mighty Gaoor for E. Albright's puny Karang.  But I'd gladly have Frumple join us!

EDIT: Oh, and it does in fact appear that BFEL would like to be replaced.  And Team Beastfolk (unofficial name that I'm now making official) has the Best Nations Ever!TM...pending

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 07, 2016, 10:31:23 am »

EDIT: Oh, and it does in fact appear that BFEL would like to be replaced.
Yeah, sorry about that. Much as I loved playing, technical issues and such. Sorry guys.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 07, 2016, 12:08:19 pm »

Does anyone know any potential subs, or am I going to have to do something frightening like post a recruitment call on the zombie Desura forums? I'd be much happier keeping it inside our meta, but if the only way forward is an "outsider"...

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 07, 2016, 11:54:05 pm »

Does anyone know any potential subs, or am I going to have to do something frightening like post a recruitment call on the zombie Desura forums? I'd be much happier keeping it inside our meta, but if the only way forward is an "outsider"...

Push comes to shove, I am willing to take on two nations for the time being.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37