Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Siege expectations  (Read 818 times)

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
Siege expectations
« on: November 09, 2015, 11:09:39 pm »

what's up y'all

so a few times now i've embarked with orcs, and every time, despite checking for neighbours and even enabling EVERY siege race in Fortress Defense, i just cannot any sieges going. does it have something to do with my tendency to deploy in Evil regions? i've been playing DF for some time now and normal forts in normal places are somewhat easy so i like to make it more hard FUN for myself by having my arctic condors come back to life and peck out my eyeballs. do i need to deploy in a normal region? good region? right next to a fortress? i've tried a lot of different variables but i just cannot get anyone to come kill me.
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Siege expectations
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 04:30:23 am »

what's up y'all

so a few times now i've embarked with orcs, and every time, despite checking for neighbours and even enabling EVERY siege race in Fortress Defense, i just cannot any sieges going. does it have something to do with my tendency to deploy in Evil regions? i've been playing DF for some time now and normal forts in normal places are somewhat easy so i like to make it more hard FUN for myself by having my arctic condors come back to life and peck out my eyeballs. do i need to deploy in a normal region? good region? right next to a fortress? i've tried a lot of different variables but i just cannot get anyone to come kill me.

From what I grasp, in the new update sieges 'move across the map' - taking real time, and I PRESUME they get attacked/fight on the way by anything in the way. And you know how easy sieges run. 1 of 100 dies, they run and call off the siege half the damn time lol >.<

So if that is correct, it means in essence - sieges are nearly impossible to arrive due to this flee-system. Again, can't prove it - haven't ripped the code out, but it would make sense to view sieges as 'Adventure mode' - but with 10-140 guys who will meet problems on the way. *shrug*

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 06:10:58 am »

Wrong forum (again) please ignore.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 10:29:47 am »

I'm a week late, but just to be sure, the new version delayed sieges so that they don't come for at least 3 years, sometimes longer. You need to wait about 4-5 years to be certain they won't come at all.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod