Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: A story of myths  (Read 5280 times)

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A story of myths
« on: November 11, 2015, 03:50:21 pm »

The premise of this RPG is shrouded in darkness. All you can assume is that it will deal with myths and will be fun (hopefully).
In the beginning of the game you play a normal man or woman in the world as we know it.
You'll have to create a normal human character. I'll need to know his/ her name, his/her gender and his her personality.
If you want you can add more info like hobby's etc.
I'll allow 8 players.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 04:49:53 pm by Loki987 »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: A story of myths
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 04:06:14 pm »

Name: Ja Nah Ceen ah
A wrestler who is great at grappling. He is great at using improvised weapons like chair legs and tables
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 04:50:21 pm »

So I'm guessing he's a typical macho?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 05:06:01 pm »

Name: Swanky Dank "Smooth" McGroove.
Personality: Disco and stuff. Likes to dance and groove.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Veritas

• Bay Watcher
  • monopoly money counterfeiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 05:11:25 pm »

Name: Sarah 'Slippery' Sandbrooke
Personality: Excels at free-running and parkour. Runs a moderately successful YouTube channel under the alias 'speedy220'.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 08:11:11 am »

Okay, I'll need 5 more players.
But I'll also give a bit more info about your characters.

tntey

Ja Nah Ceen Ah is a wrestler/actor who originates from Asia. His relatives still live all over Asia. He's succeeded in his career and owns a relative big appartement in Hollywood. His wrestling name is the Improviser because he frequently uses improvised weapons. He once shove a rubber duck in someone's throat. A popular catchphrase of his is: "quack, quack, motherf*cker."
The succes made him somewhat arrogant, vain and the owner of a massive ego. He sometimes is rude and doesn't listen to authority.

SaberToothTiger

Danny McGrof nicknamed himself Swanky Dank McGroove. He lived most of his life on the streets but finally found himself a job as a janitor in a school. While he was living on the streets he "found" himself an Ipod with all kinds of music downloaded on, he gravitated most towards groovy disco music. Even now while he's cleaning the floor, he's dancing and singing along to these songs. He's carefree, loves nature and illegal substances.
He owns a small appartment in queens and hopes to collect enough money to change his name to Swank Dank McGroove.

Veritas

Sarah "slippery" Sandbrooke is a 21 year old student in Boston who wants to major in history. As a small child she observed cats while they climbed and jumped across the roofs. Soon enough she started to climb the buildings herself. When she was 19 she started her own youtube channel under the alias "speedy220". She lives with some other students in a small house. Her income is not a lot but better than the average student. She is also carefree, loves sport and has a lovely personality.

I tried to make some sense of your characters while still keeping it funny and true to what you guys said.
If there are certain things you absolutely hate let me know.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 09:27:05 am by Loki987 »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 08:44:51 am »

I really like the background you gave me. Good job!
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 09:07:06 am »

Name: Vincent McDOOM
Personality: An evil overlord, hellbent on destroying the WORLD!!! He's also a brony, and his secret force is composed of ponies.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 12:54:44 pm »

Salsacookies

I said a normal man, so I'll need to change some of this.

Victor Von Doo... erg I mean Vincent McDoom works at wallstreet by day and is a psychotic serial killer by night. The people he's surrounded by have no idea Vincent suffers from psychotic breakdowns in which he fantasizes about a world which is conquered by him and his monstrous minions. A lot of his minions strangely enough represent ponies. Also in his private life he's strangely enough fasinated by the animals, sometimes he even watches a cartoonshow with the creatures. He doesn't think the show is that good, he just finds the images soothing. This is because of his past
When the boy was 14, Vincent was allready strugling with murderous urges, he and his nephew went on hiking trip with two ponies. The boys were attacked by a wolf and the ponies ran away. Vincent's nephew was killed and dragged away by the wolf. Vincent was fasinated by the blood and the wolf itself. The wolf however went back to attack Vincent but Vincent his Pony returned to him and they ran away to safety. When he told his story to local police, the officer told him there were no wolfs in the area.
Vincent plays the charming man but is actually a cruel pure evil b*stard.
He wants to destroy the world but has no idea how he has to accomplish this.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 12:57:36 pm by Loki987 »

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2015, 02:09:06 pm »

NAME:SHOUTING SNEAKING SCYTHER:
PERSONALITY: CAPS LOCK ALL TIME! A SCYTHER SPY EMPLOYED BY THE RANDOMICUS GENARIOUS SWARM, HE MUST WEAKEN EARTH ENOUGH FOR THE UPCOMMING SCYTHER INVASION! MIGHT ACTUALLY BE SOME KIND OF CRAZY PERSON EMPLOYED BY SOME SPY AGENCY! WHO CARES!

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2015, 04:23:15 pm »

poketwo
Vladimir Abromov was a russian spy who was caught by American authorities when his mission went south. His original mission is still unknown, non of the Americans could convince him to reveal any information, not even when they tortured him. His interogators once waterboarded him a tiny bit too much and he flatlined. The American performed a heart massage and Vladimir was back to normal.
Or was he? Since he woke up, Vladimir believes he's some kind of alien spy and refers to himself as a scyther, he mostly just shouts non-sensical stuff involving aliens. The Americans decided Vladimir was useless so he now resides at a mental institute.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2015, 06:00:12 pm »

Name: Angus MacTaalich
Personality: Cantankerous

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2015, 03:26:38 am »

Name: Walter Myers
Personality: An American E-sports legend that has taken to traveling the world to compete in tournaments.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2015, 12:45:09 pm »

I'll still need one player and then the real game can begin.

DoctorMcTaalik

Angus MacTaalich is an old man now but in his youth he had a troublesome life. When he was 15. He ran away from his abusive drunken father and joined the troops to fight in WW2. He was too young to join but the military turned a blind eye if a fit young adult volunteered to join the war. Angus and his platoon were ambushed by the enemy and Angus' entire platoon except for himself was killed. He was captured by the Nazi soldiers, luckily he was able to escape, but during his escape he was shot through the hand, when he was back in friendly territory, the nurses had to amputate his left hand. He fought in the army until the war was over. He now resides at a home (for the elderly) and is quite difficult to handle.

fillipk

Walter Myers is a 23 year old male. He is a true collector of all things nerdy but he was never taken serious by his peers or parents. When his attention turned to videogames this would all change, he became a legendary E-sport player who travels around the world. He is now loved by many videogame fanatics. Walter is especially a fan of a certain RPG game, in which he can collect an endless collection of weapons. He combines the most powerful runes with the sharpest blades in his everlasting quest to make the perfect weapon.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2015, 12:52:37 pm »

Name: Norman Smith
Personality: Unremarkable, to say the least. He enjoys the mundane aspects of his life, especially his boring office job, and his pet cat, who is also named Norman.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 01:09:48 pm by AkumaKasai »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6