Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

No Adventurer Nobles? Help Request

(1/1)

Whodunnit:
So I retired my adventurer in my retired fortress.

When I unretired the fortress I  used "tweak makeown" to make the adventurer part of it. But then I found that I could not give noble positions to my ex-adventurer. This miffs me a bit since the whole idea was to make the adventurer the ruler of the fort.

Anyone have any idea why adventurers cannot take noble positions? Ideas on how to fix it? Have you managed to make an adventurer a noble in your fort? If so, how did you do it?

I'm playing as Ant men, using slightly tweaked dwarf entity stats. The adventurer is from the same civ as the fort, though she was listed as hostile before I used tweak makeown.

Urlance Woolsbane:
It's odd that you had to use DFHack. I've retired adventurers in retired forts, and they become citizens. Did you attack any of the fort members beforehand?

contheman:
I've had a problem with retired adventurers not even showing up in the population when I unretired the fort. I re-retired the fort and selected the adventurer, and he we was right were I left him in the fort.

mineforce:

--- Quote from: Whodunnit on November 12, 2015, 09:47:43 am ---So I retired my adventurer in my retired fortress.

When I unretired the fortress I  used "tweak makeown" to make the adventurer part of it. But then I found that I could not give noble positions to my ex-adventurer. This miffs me a bit since the whole idea was to make the adventurer the ruler of the fort.

Anyone have any idea why adventurers cannot take noble positions? Ideas on how to fix it? Have you managed to make an adventurer a noble in your fort? If so, how did you do it?

I'm playing as Ant men, using slightly tweaked dwarf entity stats. The adventurer is from the same civ as the fort, though she was listed as hostile before I used tweak makeown.

--- End quote ---

I know how you feel, but hey adventurers can make wonderful engravings!

Seriously though, I'm also trying to find out why I can't assign them a noble role. What really makes it weird is that I can assign a sentient creature an noble role who isn't from my civilization nor species if I use makeown.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version