Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34

Author Topic: Arms Race: 1780 - British Loyalists - 1782 Production Phase  (Read 35315 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: 1780 - British Loyalists - 1782 Espionage Phase
« Reply #435 on: December 07, 2015, 05:06:00 am »

that said, we get cheaper tech even if we don't spend the production focus due to the revision being in production.
But the revision is horrible and I think we have enough fleet for now, so a focus on the original design is well spent.

And what is that about letting the enemy too far ahead in industry? so far we are the only ones who got an industrial improvement. I expect at least one of them to match us this turn, but they are definitely not getting far ahead.
If we want to expand production, I suggest a practical steam engine, due to its many uses.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 07, 2015, 05:35:46 am »

I expect at least one of them to match us this turn, but they are definitely not getting far ahead

Problem is, we can only get 2 resources from our island. If we want to have a resource advantage, we need to push it early. And we need the advantage as it might be hard to catch up on land tech. Also, I wanted to design a bigger ship and realized we could barely afford is.

Edit : We could also try to further hammer on our naval advantage by designing a Clipper for trade.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 05:44:38 am by 10ebbor10 »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 07, 2015, 05:48:21 am »

our current transport ship should be able to work as cargo as well. Zanzetsuken said that once we have enough we can start trading with the rest of the world.

edit: also, where are the available max resources of each nation stated?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 05:50:49 am by andrea »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 07, 2015, 06:00:38 am »

-The island under the British Loyalists may at most provide two additional resources.  Further may be gained through land acquisition or trade with the rest of the British Empire-

Under resources. The others have no limit.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 07, 2015, 06:17:31 am »

ah, fine. I still believe the situation isn't as dire as you are painting it, since trade with the empire is mentioned. but it could be indeed be useful to get ahead quickly.

As for now, my plan for next turn is to get a rifle and a bomb ketch/brig. But depending on how things go, I might be swayed toward a steam engine to exploit that last resource.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 07, 2015, 07:05:44 pm »

Any thoughts of what you want to do,  espionage wise?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 07, 2015, 07:07:31 pm »

Steal the low-quality picklegun.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #442 on: December 07, 2015, 07:09:20 pm »

For Espionage, I'd prefer to steal the rotary musket that the Fort made up last turn, to get something that is actually producable that can counter the air rifles rate of fire.

+1
EDIT:
In case it's not clear - I am in favour of stealing the whatever the rotary gun was called.
But for espionage, I support stealing their rotary musket.
Steal the low-quality picklegun.
Indeed.

EDIT:
Also why people call it pickle gun? It's not the first time I see this, and it's pretty amusing.
It's Puckle, people, Puckle. After James Puckle, who certainly wasn't a pickle.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 07:11:06 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 07, 2015, 07:12:01 pm »

Alright. Stealing the Combe MiniCannon from the survivors of Ft Combe locked in. Results will be revealed next turn.

Begin Production Phase

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 07, 2015, 07:57:52 pm »

National effort is only in production if we focus on it.
I thought national effort meant you can only build one of them? So useless for battlefield deployment, but as it is in production at all the technology behind it will get easier to use.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 07, 2015, 08:24:14 pm »

Alright. Stealing the Combe MiniCannon from the survivors of Ft Combe locked in. Results will be revealed next turn.

Begin Production Phase
Dont you mean focus phase?

Edit* Nevermind I confused production with design.

I vote we get ore and focus on the transport.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:26:02 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: 1780 - British Loyalists - 1782 Production Phase
« Reply #446 on: December 07, 2015, 08:49:58 pm »

I don't think we need to vote for the extra resource every turn, unless we want to change.

for production, we can get either more transports, or more of the mod A rifle( the design one). first one has the immediate benefit of giving us more transport ships to use in the landing. Second one  might give a moderate bonus to some units. not much since it breaks moderately often. Most importantly a focus on the rifle means we have 2 rifles in production, nd we might get faster cheapening of the tech ( I really want a good rifle next turn).

but... our rifles are terrible and we have an invasion on our hands now. We can just hope that our better artillery(so far) will be enough to advance. But we need to move said artillery across the strait.

Also: equip snipers and assorted sharpshooters with the Mod B. Sure, it requires extensive preparations and needs to be cleaned after every shot, but at least it can fire from far away.

+1 to transport

I wonder how much would it take to build a tunnel from our island to the mainland.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 09:20:37 am by andrea »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 07, 2015, 09:29:12 pm »

EDIT:
Also why people call it pickle gun? It's not the first time I see this, and it's pretty amusing.
It's Puckle, people, Puckle. After James Puckle, who certainly wasn't a pickle.

Because pickles taste good and soldiers have a sense of humor.

-edit after reading later comments-

Lotasa time, some tech, and getting people to stop worrying about our shooting ourselves in the foot by rendering our main advantages (i.e., the sea and our awesome navy) moot.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:31:26 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 08, 2015, 01:35:35 am »

National effort is only in production if we focus on it.
I thought national effort meant you can only build one of them? So useless for battlefield deployment, but as it is in production at all the technology behind it will get easier to use.
I don't think so. Our ship was a national effort in the first turn, and we put our focus on it to get a single ship out.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 08, 2015, 02:22:03 am »

I don't think so. Our ship was a national effort in the first turn, and we put our focus on it to get a single ship out.
That's because it's a ship. Remember, ships count as one level more expensive in the first turn to simulate drydocks being built.

I vote we focus on our best area: Artillery. Concentrate on the 6pdr cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34