Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35

Author Topic: Arms Race: 1780 - Atterton Monarchy -1782 Revision Phase  (Read 33494 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: 1780 - Atterton Monarchy -1781 Design Phase
« Reply #240 on: November 24, 2015, 06:43:48 pm »

Still astounds me how many pages you wind up going through in comparison to the other nations.  Anyway, as it has been about 20 hours since both were introduced, I'll roll them up now:

Quote from: Results
AM-R 12 pounder Howit: This 12 pound Howitzer weighs 2350 pounds in total with an effective range of 700 meters for ball ammunition.  It has a gun frame that may be pulled by horses or in a limited manner by infantry. Its tube is reinforced breech smoothbore cast iron with length of 5 feet and diameter of 0.385 feet. It is capable of firing either 12 lb. cannon balls or small ball canister shot.  Cannister shot has an effective range of 300 meters.  Spherical cases and low explosive shells were designed as well, but there were minor problems that prevented them from working fully. In the case of the former, the fuses proved to be unpredictable in a majority of shots.  In the case of the latter, work on the explosive shot was shut down after the first shot testfired nearly destroyed the prototype AM-R. (Very Expensive)

Tech Gained:
Howitzer
Canister shot
12 lb Cannon Ball

You have now entered the Revision Phase.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 09:45:56 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Snake1229

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: 1780 - Atterton Monarchy -1781 Revision Phase
« Reply #241 on: November 24, 2015, 06:49:36 pm »

I think we should revise the cannon to try and make it cheaper

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 24, 2015, 07:04:10 pm »

We should revise the steamboat so that it can actually move on the water.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Snake1229

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 24, 2015, 07:07:58 pm »

We should revise the steamboat so that it can actually move on the water.
Okay, lets do that,

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 24, 2015, 07:14:15 pm »

Wonder how many howtizers we can field this turn since they sure be effective at long range and close.

Snake1229

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 24, 2015, 07:17:16 pm »

Wonder how many howtizers we can field this turn since they sure be effective at long range and close.
We should put our production phase towards them

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 24, 2015, 07:23:02 pm »

So if we decicate our production for howitzers then they should be only (expensive) I think for this turn only which means we could produce probally around in 10 to 30 for production which should be nice.

Also any idea on what what we should revise the steamboat into: warship, transporter(resource) light ship for speed or something else if possible?

Snake1229

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 24, 2015, 07:25:16 pm »

So if we decicate our production for howitzers then they should be only (expensive) I think for this turn only which means we could produce probally around in 10 to 30 for production which should be nice.

Also any idea on what what we should revise the steamboat into: warship, transporter(resource) light ship for speed or something else if possible?
Lets just try to get it working first, and probably as a warship

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 24, 2015, 07:26:19 pm »

So similar size and bit more armor plus working engines? Should we try to replace cannons on it with howtizs aswell?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:28:16 pm by flazeo25 »

Snake1229

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 24, 2015, 07:32:42 pm »

So similar size and bit more armor plus working engines? Should we try to replace cannons on it with howtizs aswell?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:45:43 pm by Snake1229 »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 24, 2015, 07:44:14 pm »

If we're trying to fix the Mulard, it probably has to be bigger, so that the engine's weight is less relative to buoyancy. That'd put it much larger than anything else that exists though. And the propulsion even less effective. The issue is that it's too heavy, not that it needs more armour.

I think we should ensure that we design one good weapon this year instead of having two that are kind of functional. If it wasn't clear, that means that I want us to work on the AM-R.
The cost isn't going to go down because of resource limitations. But we could at least have another crack at getting the fuses for spherical cases right. Well, right enough anyway. The canister shot is nice for dealing with closer range infantry and cavalry, but some really effective long-range killing power would do us wonders.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:47:10 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Snake1229

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 24, 2015, 07:45:26 pm »

If we're trying to fix the Mulard, it probably has to be bigger, so that the engine's weight is less relative to buoyancy. That'd put it much larger than anything else that exists though. And the propulsion even less effective. The issue is that it's too heavy, not that it needs more armour.

I think we should ensure that we design one good weapon this year instead of having two that are kind of functional. If it wasn't clear, that means that I want us to work on the AM-R.
The cost isn't going to go down because of resource limitations. But we could at least have another crack at getting the fuses for spherical cases right. Well, right enough anyway.
Yeah, I would have to agree with that sooooo +1

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 24, 2015, 07:46:06 pm »

The cost isn't going to go down because of resource limitations. But we could at least have another crack at getting the fuses for spherical cases right. Well, right enough anyway.

We can always fix howtizer other fetures next revison but ship needs fixing badly

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 24, 2015, 07:48:26 pm »

The ship is pretty unfixable. A steam powered ship just isn't going to work. Unless revision phases can undo bad rolls the design is unworkable.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 24, 2015, 07:49:55 pm »

The ship is pretty unfixable. A steam powered ship just isn't going to work. Unless revision phases can undo bad rolls the design is unworkable.
Think I got idea how to fix it since ships like our one did work sort of well just needs a bit fixing.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35