Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Arms Race: 1780 - Dunwich Meritocratic Confederacy - 1782 Espionage Phase  (Read 24122 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: 1780 - Dunwich Meritocratic Confederacy - 1782 Espionage Phase
« Reply #300 on: December 08, 2015, 06:20:30 am »

We get territory and potential for more resources.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 08, 2015, 07:50:39 am »

Ressources don't seem to be tied to territory in any meaningful way so far though.

Now, I think we should attack the two independents.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 08, 2015, 10:19:18 am »

Someone asked about putting 8lb gun's on a stolen Loyalist warship. It can be done with a revision.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 10, 2015, 05:40:40 am »

So, are you going with UR's plan?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 10, 2015, 07:00:04 am »

So, are you going with UR's plan?
Why not?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 10, 2015, 07:39:22 am »

At least for the espionage/production. I still think we should focus on the two independents.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 10, 2015, 12:45:07 pm »

Covert assets will attempt to steal designs to the Loyalist Dover Class Brig (Transport Vessel)

Production set to the Watheley Mk II Air Pistol. It will be Cheap this turn

Begin Focus Phase

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 10, 2015, 12:53:13 pm »

Let's go all out on the NPCs. The sooner they're out of the game, the simpler the situation become. Plus, we can get free designs.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 10, 2015, 01:07:07 pm »

I still propose

Focus one: Push through former Fort Combe territory to attack Monarchists. Do a mobile advance by focusing on using cavalry, light victoria I\II armed infantry, and Coombe mini-Cannons.

Focus two: Do a decisive push against monarchists going from Bradford to Newton Area. Concentrate most of our artillery on this front. Move all our navy away from the western shore to support offensive on the eastern shore (Shore bombardment, supply, minor amphibious landings). Issue many Watheley mk II pistols and some combe mini-cannons to naval crews and order to go for a bold boarding if they will encounter monarchist\loyalist\pirates ship

I think we need to strike monarchists now because:
1) Soon they will have as many Victorias as we do
2) Our navy will not survive for long, trying to use that 1/7 of control of seas before it goes south is a nice thing to do
3) Unless monarchists developed some carabine weapon, we have HUGE advantage in cavalry. Same can't be said about Fort Alton
4) It is not impossible that Fort Alton will strike monarchists assisting our assault.
5) If loyalists will do landings against monarchists, than they will have even more problems to their morale.
6) We need some breathing room next turn in case if we will have to throw loyalists back into the sea. This means no monarchist forces near Bradford.

Let's go all out on the NPCs. The sooner they're out of the game, the simpler the situation become. Plus, we can get free designs.
A) Simplification is not our goal. Complex situations give more strategical opportunities
B) We can weaken Forty Alton and Monarchists will finish them off getting designs for themselves
C) If we deny Monarchists border with For Alton, then we can finish them off, without any fear that others will capture them and steal our prize
D) Independents gain one tech per round. Capturing them 5 rounds later is much better than doing it now
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 10, 2015, 02:02:16 pm »

You know what? You make sense. +1 to your plan.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 10, 2015, 02:45:13 pm »

+1 to UR's plan.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 10, 2015, 02:58:45 pm »

+1 to UR's plan.
+1.

Since we seem to be mostly in agreement there, how about propaganda? I'm sure the other people are doing it, and it has an actual effect on our effectiveness. We also still need to choose between the two different flags.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 10, 2015, 03:12:51 pm »

Yeah, let's hold the flag vote.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 10, 2015, 07:34:33 pm »

I vote two rows of thick bright-yellow text.
First row: "UR"
Second row: "MUM"
With a dark purple background.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23