Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Accused Vampire not hostile  (Read 3042 times)

Vexic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Accused Vampire not hostile
« on: November 14, 2015, 08:20:54 pm »

I recently started a game in a hamlet with a vampire. I set out to find it and, after a few minutes of searching, I found the vampire. I accused it of being a night creature and it revealed itself as a vampire, but it didn't attack me. All it did was spit at me. This has happened multiple times before. Is this normal? Do I need to see them feeding on someone so that I can spread the word?
Vexic, Peasant cancels boredom: interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Accused Vampire not hostile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 08:34:58 pm »

They are kinda buggy at times.

I had one who was in denial and ran from me, tried to cross a river but couldn't swim.

Sat there watching him flounder around in the water for wayyyy longer than it would take to drown, was very amused that he forgot normal people need to breathe.

Vexic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 08:36:03 pm »

They are kinda buggy at times.

I had one who was in denial and ran from me, tried to cross a river but couldn't swim.

Sat there watching him flounder around in the water for wayyyy longer than it would take to drown, was very amused that he forgot normal people need to breathe.
So all can do is kill them?
Vexic, Peasant cancels boredom: interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 09:45:13 pm »

But then people will call you a murderer. No need to kill it.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 10:57:11 pm »

Sometimes they hold grudges for the accusation. I had one gather up a party and try to hunt me down two weeks after I made the accusation and another attack me when I came back to the house he lived in.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 11:55:05 pm »

Sometimes they hold grudges for the accusation. I had one gather up a party and try to hunt me down two weeks after I made the accusation and another attack me when I came back to the house he lived in.
Fascinating.

Usually, the accusation gets assigned to someone else, in the Legends, no matter how nonsensical it is for that person to be responsible. This might affect the reactions of confronted vampires.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 05:01:08 am »

oh yeah vampires being outed might turn into a -1 civ sentient who tend to act really hostile around people. or depending on some wild sentient beings calm and just panicky.
still love vampires as quests givers due to their old enough to remember old beasts for you to hunt. where as old farmer joe down the street only heard of rumors will mention them alot and chances are won't care if you kill one.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 11:23:48 pm »

WIll they? I haven't had them call me a murderer for killing a vamp who was revealed.
They might call you a KILLER, but there is  a difference in DF killer just means you killed a thing, murderer means you killed someone innocent.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 12:31:23 pm »

WIll they? I haven't had them call me a murderer for killing a vamp who was revealed.
They might call you a KILLER, but there is  a difference in DF killer just means you killed a thing, murderer means you killed someone innocent.
murderer is just you killed someone sentient, killer might be murdering a beast or animal. either way those aren't the title hero, which you can get by rescuing kids. so you aren't doing a world a favor for outing and killing that vampire even though someone spreading rumors about how it would do the world good by killing that person.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 01:56:13 pm »

Really? you get the title killer for killing kobolds aswell for exmaple, so I thought it applied to anyone recognized as an "neutral or enemy" that wasn't aligned with the village.

(fun fact, if you effect the politics of  a place negatively by murder or depopulate a village,  you get the title "villain")

Hmm, that's a way of saying it, although I'm under the belief that vampires (all of em) deserve to die) because if they are the ruler of a city for too long the city is depopulated and becomes filled with destroyed abandoned houses with a cult living in the keep.

We should seriously get a committee together for adding the new adventure mode mechanics to their own pages on the wiki (like reputations)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 02:02:03 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com