Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 161

Author Topic: Our Salvation: It Is Written  (Read 240807 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Our Salvation: You All Meet Naked In A Basement
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 10:07:49 pm »

This place is terrible. I grab a stick and start hitting rats with it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 11:56:55 pm »

Pull the welcoming guy up and give him few good slaps accross his face.

"This is not time to fall asleep. Where we are, how you got us here and what the hell you want form us?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2015, 01:13:45 am »

"This is not time to fall asleep. Where we are, how you got us here and what the hell you want form us?"
Really, you're slapping him? He's already tied up and tortured half to death. I doubt he can register any more pain at this point, especially not a half-assed pat on the face.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2015, 01:25:13 am »

((Tied up? I did read Harry's descriptions five times and didn't see any mention about that. And "torture" seems to be self-inflicted.))

"Half-assed pat?" Leif stands up towering above Robert. "You wanna feel how hard miner can slap someone?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2015, 02:04:29 am »

Benny rushes to check on and help the fallen man.
"Are you okay, what happened?"

Then he looks at the big guy who desperately needs a trim.
"Please don't, th-there's no reason to hit anyone."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nunzillor

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2015, 02:04:48 am »

((Looks amusing!  PTW.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2015, 03:10:38 am »

"I can tell you few good reasons. One, I effing hate rat baths. Two, we have been kidnapped. Three, my palm itches. Four, back of my palm itches. Five, he needs some sense slapped into his head."
Old sigs.
Games.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2015, 08:34:03 am »

At best you'll mildly surprise the guy, and at worst you'll give him a concussion. Don't slap him.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2015, 09:29:16 am »

Spoiler: Sheets for Posterity (click to show/hide)

Grab and examine a stick. Also a sack of coin.

You step over to the long black sticks and retrieve one carefully from the pot. It has a sandy sort of texture, and from its lightness and thinness you get the feeling that it's probably not an ordinary stick by any means. Smells a little funky, too. A hint of ash beneath a distinctly medicinal scent. One stick is about the length of your arm, and it is only by delicate handling that you think you manage not to break it.

Holding on to the stick, you proceed over to the sacks of coin and ponder the possibilities of lugging one around. Putting down the stick on the ground, you grab one of the smaller ones and hoist it over your shoulder, ignoring the vicious complaints this produces from your back and knees. One must learn to subdue base impulses of self-preservation when there's mad cash to be made.

His survival-game instincts kick in, and Robert begins searching high and low for any and all potentially useful items.

You look at the vast array of pots on the ground and immediately realize that there's likely to be absolutely nothing of value in them, and so you go straight to the bricks instead. They do look a tad peculiar. You head over to take a look, grabbing a brick off the top. They're not clay as you would expect - instead they're some sort of reddish rock speckled with black. And they have something etched into them. An inscription. It's not immediately legible, but...

... huh. It's a bit of a lively inscription. Swims around before your eyes, the letters looking desperately familiar for a moment before a certain, easily recognizable shape is attained, the letters settling into the word WATER. The word sticks in your mind in all its exquisite blandness, lingering at the edge of your lips as you set the brick down and take another one. This one says the same thing, as do all the others as far as you can tell.

This place is terrible. I grab a stick and start hitting rats with it.

As the other guy steps away from the pots you run up and grab a stick from it, and charge at the vicious rats in the center of the room. You start to swing the thing at them, but it snaps in half under its own weight from the swing, leaving you looking a little silly as you stand over the writhing mass of rodents, which politely writhes away from you, suspecting you to be up to no good. A few rats squeak disapprovingly in unison from atop the pile.

You lift him up from the ground with ease, scattering the rats that have swarmed over his prone form - man's probably half your weight, if that, and give him a good, hard slap. Some blood escapes his nose as something pops within his skull. You slap again, and his head lolls to the other side. A third slap makes some teeth slip out of his mouth. Seems like he's not made out of very stern stuff.

And now your hand is filthy from slapping him, too. Ugh. Figures he'd have to fall face down into gore. You wipe it on the back of his robe, figuring he probably doesn't mind. As you get most of the gore off, you hear a nasal, male voice from above.

"Are you people done yet?" it goes, and you look up. Above the ceiling grate you spy an upward-going tunnel, at the top of which you see a darkened, thin silhouette of a man. "Getting tired of waiting here!"

You'd say the man's about as far from okay as you've ever observed anyone be and still remain in one piece. You'd also say he needs rest and recuperation, because you sure as hell don't know any medicine that could fix this. You're not a doctor or anything, but you'd also say slapping him is only likely to loosen more of his bones and organs. Frankly, you're not sure he could even hear you if he was conscious, what with the bleeding from his ears.

Your examination is interrupted by the sound of a man talking through his nose from above.

"Are you people done yet? Getting tired of waiting here!"

You look up, and in the sunlight's glare coming from the well-like tunnel above the ceiling grate you spy an indistinct silhouette of a man.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 09:47:26 am by Harry Baldman »

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2015, 10:51:48 am »

Believing the word to be a magical spell, Robert attempts to draw power from some sort of inner mana-reserve, or whatever the hell he has, and speak the word. Failing that, he attempts write the word with whatever makeshift writing tools he can find.
Speak the word aloud. If that does nothing, write it down.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2015, 11:27:01 am »

Escape! Well, hopefully.

"We've got to get out of this room." I shove the gross man away from the center of the room and start stacking bricks below the grate to climb up on.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2015, 12:23:06 pm »

At best you'll mildly surprise the guy, and at worst you'll give him a concussion. Don't slap him.
"Too late."

"Are you people done yet? Getting tired of waiting here!"
"Yes, we are very much done! Thanks for asking! Wanna help us up? And get a bath ready. This place is filthy!"

Shouting up with sarcastic tone in my voice. Evaluate sanity of relieving the guy in my hand of his clothes and wearing it myself. Either way, drop him and clean my hand properly on his clothes. Terrorists do not need gentle treatment.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2015, 12:25:24 pm »

Grab a brick as well, toss it in the sack. Examine possibilities of grabbing another, smaller sack of gold for use as a flail. Then Indicate willingness to exit to grate man.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2015, 02:55:21 pm »

I MUST JOIN THIS

P. Diddle Porkinsticks
Description: His face is relatively normal looking, except for a beard that is parted into 5 curly strands. His hair is in mini-pigtails. He is covered in bodily hair. He usually is clutching the empty bottle of "The best Grog ive ever had!" The bottle is named Scrumples
Quirks: His bloodstream is so alcohol-saturated he is impervious to all naturally occuring diseases. Also his last taste bud died 15 years ago

The exact second anyone finds any sort of alcohol, i will leap from the shadows, backhand them, chug the booze and immediately join the storyline
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 03:02:42 pm by LordPorkins »
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2015, 03:34:41 pm »

After donning one of the sacks to preserve his modesty, Benny helps the woman stack bricks to escape.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 161