Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Icehold, the Dwarven Prison: Overseers desperately needed!  (Read 37727 times)

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Icehold, the Dwarven Prison: Now under new managment
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2015, 09:08:26 pm »

I wish I could find a way to work pyer into the story beyond the little tidbit I managed in the intro. Hopefully my wishing won't make anything terrible happen.

Um... I guess I should just keep my mouth shut from now on.

I'll make a list of living royalty at some point when I'm done my turn and can turn my attention to more obscure things. Month 7, btw. I don't know what's slower, the way I write or the way I play. At least this should be fairly entertaining.

PS: Stabbin' Rovod and her sister were both victims of the weremamoth curse, to clarify. I'm pretty sure Mebzuth was the one who turned during the human siege. She managed to infect some of the humans before she was killed and the infected humans killed off the rest of the invaders at the next full moon. I'd look it up but I forget whose turn that was. It might have been as far back as Taupe's or Salmeuk's.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 09:16:46 pm by De »
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2015, 07:44:56 pm »

I wish I could find a way to work pyer into the story beyond the little tidbit I managed in the intro. Hopefully my wishing won't make anything terrible happen.

Um... I guess I should just keep my mouth shut from now on.

oh no! that means something happed :(
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2015, 01:49:35 am »

I don't know if it's the junk, the caverns or the 94 invaders camped out on our doorstep but I've done the math it has taken me an average of 3.22 hours per month. I've given up taking screenshots. I'm just letting it run and run and run....

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:07:38 am by De »
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2015, 10:58:55 pm »

How's progress, De?

i don't want to rush you, I know the holidays are busy, but I don't want Icehold to die like Bonepillar did.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2015, 11:26:32 pm »

How's progress, De?

i don't want to rush you, I know the holidays are busy, but I don't want Icehold to die like Bonepillar did.

I could just try and re-seal The Place and then hand over the save. At the rate I'm playing, it's partway through month 10. It takes me 3.2 hours per month just running the game. I have the write up for summer partially done and Deus just murdered somebody... Warning, this will definitely get Quasar stuck in The Place... but maybe that's not a bad thing?

Edit: Actually that's now my plan. I'm going to put Quasar where he's unlikely to go crazy or die.

Edit Edit: On the plus side, my brother bought me a new cable for Christmas so I might actually have a computer with processing power now.

Slip this under Shofet's tree for me.

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 03:36:19 am by De »

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2015, 09:36:36 am »

My internet was on the fritz yesterday, ill download it.

My plan is to identify all adults who have made artifacts, and have them produce as much as possible, to get more moods. Dwarves who have mooded won't throw tantrums.

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2015, 09:12:44 pm »

I'm not sure what to say. How did it get to this? There are over 150 animals in cages. There are animals in cage traps in the caverns dieing of old age.

I have aspergers. The dissray of items is making my eye twitch. Its so hard not to just dfhack some clutter away.

I think I have an idea on how to solve the animal crisis, and maybe make some dwarves happy. I hope you guys like reveling in slaughter. Cause where going to paint the fort red.

Oh and my dwarfs wifes dead. Shes been dead for many years. Kinda made me sad.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2015, 09:47:28 pm »

I'm not sure what to say. How did it get to this? There are over 150 animals in cages. There are animals in cage traps in the caverns dieing of old age.

I have aspergers. The dissray of items is making my eye twitch. Its so hard not to just dfhack some clutter away.

I think I have an idea on how to solve the animal crisis, and maybe make some dwarves happy. I hope you guys like reveling in slaughter. Cause where going to paint the fort red.

Yeah, the reason for the cage traps is that they're just the easiest way to deal with pests down in the caverns, especially after the militia was downsized. It just seemed easier to train them than to try to set up a pitting zone, considering how useless the dump zone generally is.

The items really got me down when I first started. I eventually just gave in to the clutter after half a year of trying to clean up and getting absolutely nowhere. I would dearly love to get the dead bodies off the stairs. I swear that dump zone works, I've witnessed things being dumped. But the dwarves absolutely refuse to move the bodies. I eventually gave up dumping clothes in hopes that it would get the goblins attended to quicker, but no. There was a big area designated for refuse that I undid because it was inconvenient and empty and I ended up turning it into something else..... possibly bar storage? Economic rock? Something... You could try making another refuse pit but good luck getting anyone to move things to it.

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2015, 10:35:17 pm »

Is there any reason we cant use some of the magma on the surface for forges?

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2015, 02:25:31 am »

nope, go ahead and try to make pyer's lava pumper work for something else if you want to, good luck, you'll need it if you want to get that working.

"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2015, 01:51:52 pm »

If it's causing a problem for you, I don't have a problem with you DFhacking some of the misc corpses and debris out of existence, as long as the others don't mind.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2015, 01:56:22 pm »

I feel like an ass but I'm going to have to bow out of this. I'm sorry guys.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2015, 03:45:26 pm »

You're not an ass, stuff happens.

That puts Sactume up next, PM away!
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2015, 07:36:09 pm »

You're not an ass and your dwarf is an amazing asset to the fort as I hope everyone will get to see when I post my write up real soon.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2015, 12:28:31 pm »

I got the save, then I remember this is v40.24 which I still have installed.
I plan to read and catch up on the posts today; and let the ideas simmer into my entry point in the story. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16