Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Icehold, the Dwarven Prison: Overseers desperately needed!  (Read 37545 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Icehold, the Dwarven Prison: Overseers desperately needed!
« Reply #195 on: April 06, 2016, 04:50:51 pm »

Deus' Diary, Summer 261.

Hematite:
The cook Edem Shorastas has been imprisoned for repeated counts of building destruction and brawling. Well, more imprisoned than he already is if you get my meaning. He seems to have gone completely feral; he's been attacking the people that try to bring him food and drink. I might just wall him off to save everyone the hassle. There's not any sense in reasoning with these lunatics.

We received a message that a diplomat would be arriving from the Foggy Nation a couple of weeks into the month. As it turned out, the lawgiver herself decided to show up. She barely spoke to me besides expressing annoyance at us making sure that she wasn't smuggling in escape ropes or anything. I don't even know why we do those checks any more. Freedom might be a nice prospect, but here the madmen seem more likely to get elected, anywhere else they'd be hunted just like they were before they came here. Plus, there's the whole freezing to death in the icy wastes thing. In any case, she's currently talking to Honeymoon about whatever it is that humans talk about. Vertigo and hitting their head on ceilings, I imagine.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 06, 2016, 10:51:06 pm »

Escape has long been out of the question. Is it worth losing Armok knows how many fingers and toes to frostbite on your way across the glacier only to get hammered the second you get back to civilization?
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 07, 2016, 01:41:48 pm »

Well when you think about it...
They're dwarves. They're used to the cold. And it's used to them.
Besides, they made it here in a caravan, so a whole convoy of caravans...

Would probably end badly. Some of these people are in for murder and some are even in for failing to finish mandates in time (shocking!)! Also the yeti.
So lads, yer stuck here. Don't bother.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 07, 2016, 02:36:28 pm »

Can't abandon the children as well, risky to flee with them in tow when they would not even adhere to burrows.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 07, 2016, 05:07:09 pm »

Zuggles has been dorfed. Images are being screwy, but not much image worthy is happening.

Deus' Diary, Malachite.
Some dumbass decided that Unib Keskaledem, our resident vampire, had served a long enough sentence and unchained him. It doesn't take a genius to work out what happened next, EXCEPT APPARENTLY IT DOES BECAUSE HERE WE ARE! So now Nidilap is dead and now I have to find out whether he was let out by a willing accomplice or just someone that Quasar lobotomised for fun because no one can be that stupid naturally, right? In the meantime, I've locked Unib away again where no one that isn't at least smart enough to get control of the entire fortress can let him out. And the whole time he just smirked at me like he knew something I don't. Gods, I hate vampires. Condescending bastards.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 07, 2016, 05:11:22 pm »

Can you pit it in one of the garbage chutes?   Those have sections of natural smoothed stone walls that are climb-proof, and 5z deep that Urist above will not see what's below, then just pull a lever for the satisfying crunch.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 07, 2016, 07:25:34 pm »

So I faked my death to capture this guy, and then someone just set him free by mistake.

Fuck.

Everyone.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 08, 2016, 01:18:21 am »

can i sign up for another round? I know i said i wouldn't but...

I have come up with a way to bring pyer back in to the story after his death! its a secret!
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 08, 2016, 08:22:37 am »

We cant say no to crayon drawings...

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 08, 2016, 08:39:10 am »

Especially to magma related scenes in crayon art.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2016, 05:04:01 pm »

Deus' Diary, Sandstone
Some kind of giant louse attacked us from the caverns. Some of the prisoners claim that it was one of the mythical forgotten beasts. I say that it was an ugly bastard. In any case, I tried to mobilise the militia against it, but apparently they were too busy doing whatever it is that they do when they're ignoring my orders. The louse went on a killing spree just like everything else seems to do in this fortress before being killed when a carpenter punched it in the face. Somehow, I find myself at a loss as to how we survived this long as well as struggling to understand how our many enemies have done the same.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 17, 2016, 04:14:59 pm »

Deus' Diary, Timber
We got reports of another forgotten beast in the caves. I mobilised the militia against it, but it turned out that there was a wall blocking its entry. Then a giantess attacked the surface, but a miner was hanging around the depot and brained it with a pickaxe. I'm considering disbanding the militia. We clearly don't do much of anything.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2016, 05:57:11 pm »

Huh, this fort feels like the original Steelhold. Before it got weird, that is.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 18, 2016, 01:58:51 pm »

I can go back on the turn list.
I have no idea what i'm doing.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 21, 2016, 04:35:26 pm »

Welp, that took a while. In any case, save's the save. I have no idea who's next.

Deus' Diary, Obsidian.
Gwolfski decided to name his shield. I'm not entirely sure why; it's just a piece of goblin cap with a grip on it, but if it keeps morale up I guess it's fine. In other military news, another forgotten beast has appeared in the caves. This one seems to be another gigantic spider, but it can't seem to find a way past the walls. For now it seems content to hang around murdering rats in cold blood, so I guess we'll leave it alone.

A lot of our trained animals seem to be reverting to wild states. Fortunately, they're all still inside their cages and don't pose any danger, but I think that their trainers wouldn't be so lax if they were wandering around among the populace. Actually, now that I write that down I realise that it's the opposite of what I think. If the animals were loose I'm fairly sure that the trainers would be barricaded in a room somewhere waiting for the screams to start.

In any case, my year in charge is drawing to a close. In spite of my efforts, the militia is still at far less than the strength you'd think we need in order to survive, but no one seems to want to attack us. Probably because of the same reasons that no one wants to try escaping. Sometimes I think it'd be better if the caravans just left us alone and let the snow hide us from the rest of the world. Then again, the news about the madmen in charge here will hopefully mean they won't try this again without sending some actual trained guards to prevent pretty much everything that's happened here from happening again.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16