Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yes Random Events, global and local. But what chance should they have of happening?

One global event and one local event(for each player) per turn. 100%!
- 5 (27.8%)
50% chance of any given random event happening.
- 5 (27.8%)
1 in 3 chance of any given random event happening.
- 3 (16.7%)
1 in 4 chance of...
- 2 (11.1%)
1 in 6 chance of...
- 1 (5.6%)
NULL OPTION
- 2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: SCP League: Turn Twelve(6/6 Players)  (Read 13106 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
SCP League: Turn Twelve(6/6 Players)
« on: November 19, 2015, 10:43:21 am »

Note: This doesn't mean I've given up on the other games I've let slip to hiatus. Hopefully I'll be able to wrap those up sooner or later.

So anyway. With the help of Veritas, I'm running a game called SCP League. So. FAQ!

What is this game about? Why good sir/madam I'm glad you asked! In SCP League you play as a Chief Researcher/Evil Overlord/Poor Sap in charge of an SCP Organization. Note "an". No, I'm not yelling at you about grammar, I'm noting the usage of the singular adjective! You are in charge of one SCP Organization. The other players, each and every one, also receive an SCP Organization to be controlled.

What's the objective, then? Why good tentacle thing/psionic elder I'm glad you asked! In SCP League your objective is to get rid of all the other SCP Organizations! And by get rid of, I mean exterminate. This may or may not mean kill, but so long as the enemy organizations are rendered null...

How is this done? Why good Time Lord/Time Lady I'm glad you asked! In SCP League your main tools, for better or for worse, are SCPs! You must send your minions(Agents and Grunts) to collect SCPs and use your Researchers, including yourself, to analyze and experiment with them to figure out how they work. ((Veritas and I will be using a random number generator to select which SCPs get spawned/located when one is spawned/located))

What's an SCP? Why good furry/otaku I'm glad you asked! An SCP is... is... um... see for yourself. Please don't spoil yourself too badly, it might mean you have excessive foreknowledge of what you might be dealing with in the game as a result.

Do we have any given rules at the moment? Why good teenager/wise elder I'm glad you asked! We do have a few rules at the moment, but the rest will likely be defined over the course of gameplay. The few rules we do have...
1. Don't metagame. More specifically, don't look inside the other players' turn spoilers. What?

Short break from the rule numbering to ask this: how are the turns going to be formatted? Well good Bay 12 Legendary Player/Escaped Lunatic I'm glad you asked! Like this!

Turn Negative Two

Spoiler: Dr. Evil (click to show/hide)

There is nothing really of relevancy in the global media.

Like that. If that was actually part of the game, and your character wasn't Dr. Evil, you shouldn't read that. But since that isn't part of the game, you can go ahead and read that to get a feel on how I imagine the turns to be like.
Back to rules.
2. You win when all the other SCP Organizations are rendered null. In other words, inoperative. You don't have to do it yourself, you could use politics to get the public angry at your enemy, or perhaps incite a different organization against your target... or just let loose SCP-682 in their base.

Wait, SCP-682? Yes good Jedi/Sith I said that. It's an SCP, is it not?
So rule 3. Searching for SCPs will go like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No other rules? Yes good warlock/witch I'm glad you asked, for the moment there are no obvious other rules. All will become clear over time through gameplay(as in we'll develop the game's rules over time).

How do I sign up? Well good SCP/Researcher I'm glad you asked! Just fill out this form!
Spoiler: Chief Researcher (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Your SCP Organization (click to show/hide)
Load out? Well, good Mistborn/Kandra I'm glad you asked! You get to decide what you start out with by spending 10000$, any left becomes how much cash you start with.

(Note: if you'd like to start out with something not listed, or purchase a non-listed something later, go ahead and ask me or Veritas(or both, preferably) via PM)

Is there anything else I should know? Well good scientist/wizard I'm glad you asked! No, I think not, but if you have any other questions, feel free to post them in the thread.

Are you ever going to update Wizard's Tourney or Auction Deathmatch ever again? Well good swordsman/crossbowman I'm glad you asked. Maybe. Maybe just maybe.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 06:50:40 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SCP League: Turn Negative One(0/6 Players)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 10:44:40 am »

reserved just in case.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 01:54:43 pm »

Spoiler: ME! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Am I Cool Yet? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 04:25:23 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 02:51:53 pm »

Spoiler: Dr Milfrid Man (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Agency X (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 03:36:25 pm by Peradon »
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 03:12:37 pm »

Spoiler: Dr. Lucius Heisen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bulwark (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 04:18:55 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 04:02:42 pm »

Spoiler: ME! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Am I Cool Yet? (click to show/hide)
Oh I see the reference, yes I do. In any case... [MATH_POWER]... math says 11000. You might want to revise that unless you want to start with -1000 dollars(took out a loan, did you?). But accepted(hopefully you won't want to start with debt)

Debt: your negative can only go so far...

Spoiler: Dr Milfrid Man (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Agency X (click to show/hide)
[MATH_DONE]. No debt problems for you. Accepted.

Spoiler: Dr. Lucius Heisen (click to show/hide)
It would have been more uniform if the agency and the researcher were in separate spoilers, but I can live with this. So [DID_MATH]... No math wrong. Seems right to me. Accepted.

3/6 Players have joined.
Generic Arms Race.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: SCP League: Turn Negative One(3/6 Players)
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 04:16:04 pm »

A quick edit has restored uniformity.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 04:17:29 pm »

Thank you. Have a cookie(in game if you wish).
Generic Arms Race.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 04:19:04 pm »

In the starting stuff list it goes.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 04:24:24 pm »

((Actually, let's take one of the pairs of agents off. No need to be in debt when already broke.))
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 04:38:11 pm »

Spoiler: Mr. Gills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SADCom (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 01:16:11 am by Paphi »

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 04:49:31 pm »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Organization (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 06:52:26 pm »

((Actually, let's take one of the pairs of agents off. No need to be in debt when already broke.))
Right ho!

Spoiler: Mr. Gills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SADCom (click to show/hide)

Right ho also. Accepted.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Organization (click to show/hide)
Right ho, accepted.

Spoiler: However (click to show/hide)

Generic Arms Race.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 06:54:52 pm »

Spoiler: However (click to show/hide)
if I remember correctly, Russia is not a good place to be in some locales. very hostile. won't say exactly why.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SCP League: Turn Negative One(5/6 Players)
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2015, 11:39:11 pm »

Southwest of lensk seems nice.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11