Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Roll to Form a Cult: Week 1: Theft  (Read 1887 times)

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Form a Cult: Week 0: The Awakening
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 12:53:21 am »

I guess I'll go on the waitlist?
Yep, you'll be first in if someone screws up badly enough!
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Calvin ッ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 04:14:46 am »

Find a farm, if they're no farms in the city, look for somewhere underground instead.

Rachael Garza - Surveillance: Look out for any dangers while Dana steals
Dana Lamb - Engineering: Steal any goods from a local shop
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 11:22:58 am by Calvin ッ »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 05:28:47 am »

"We will take what we need. Pain is our currency; let us pay it to this city in full."

Edwin Roy (Felon) - Hijack some vans, SUVs, trucks, etc. A handful of big vehicles we can bunk in plus some motor bikes.

June Davis (Sneaking) - Act as lookout for Edwin. Keep your confidence in check!

Jake Steele (Security Systems) - Help Edwin hijack what he can't steal by himself. Otherwise act as lookout as well.

Samuel Brady (Medicine) - Steal some meds, plus ingredients to create whatever drugs Tamara is hooked on.

Tamara Hale (Melee Combat) - Assist Samuel. Put the hurt on any weak fool. Disengage from armed police officers or large numbers of hostiles.

Timmy Murphy (Cult Lore) - Commune with the Calm Gatekeeper.

"The phoenix will rise from the ashes, but first I will burn this city to the ground." To begin the flames, he needed weapons. Brutos resented not having a weapon. He would fix that.

Brutos (Combat) - Mug and loot arms from gangsters and thugs.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 07:53:11 am »

I: Look for somewhere cheap with a basement to set up shop in...
maureen green: beg for cash, it is better then some things i could have you do...
Arthur Diaz: look for the tools of torture, for they are the tools of our religion...
Ora Newton: look for seedy places the locals visit.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 04:25:50 pm »

Lets find a place that is moderately self-sufficient. Perhaps a building near a river and bordering the wilds?
Would you like your other cult members to be doing something else, or are they helping you to find a building?

What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 04:51:07 pm »

I'm going to let the bluecollar do his own thing for now, and have the cultist help me.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2016, 08:10:19 pm »

Lets find a place that is moderately self-sufficient. Perhaps a building near a river and bordering the wilds?
I'm going to let the bluecollar do his own thing for now, and have the cultist help me.
[2]=+0
[4]+0=4
You find a small cabin near the river, deep in country, about 30 minutes out of town, with enough space for 10 people or so inside. It's listed for $4,250.
You also find a smaller house next to the river, on the edge of the city. Only a few rooms, drafty and cold, no basement. Listed for $6,750.
Finally, you find an empty lot in the woods next to the river, it's only 3 acres, 15 minutes out of town. Listed at $2,650.

Find a farm, if they're no farms in the city, look for somewhere underground instead.
[3]
You manage to find 2 potential hideouts to buy. There's a nice little farm, with a farmhouse and barn, available for $14,250, not including farm equipment.
You also find an empty plot of land out of town, around 10 acres, near the river for $8,750
Rachael Garza - Surveillance: Look out for any dangers while Dana steals
Dana Lamb - Engineering: Steal any goods from a local shop
[1] Dana smashes a window, cutting her arm badly and setting off an alarm. [4]+1=5 Rachael raises her own alarm as she notices a neighborhood watch member sprinting towards them!
[5]-1=4 vs. [2]-1=1
Your cultists outrun the glorified mall cop with ease, making it into an alley and out of sight. Rachael tries to help with Dana's arm, [6] And field bandages it handily, using none of your supplies and making it good as new!

Edwin Roy (Felon) - Hijack some vans, SUVs, trucks, etc. A handful of big vehicles we can bunk in plus some motor bikes.
[6] Edwin manages to hijack [5]+2=7 vehicles.
June Davis (Sneaking) - Act as lookout for Edwin. Keep your confidence in check!
[5] June has a boring night [4] and manages to keep her head on straight.
Jake Steele (Security Systems) - Help Edwin hijack what he can't steal by himself. Otherwise act as lookout as well.
[1] Edwin trips an alarm on the SUV, forcing the group to abandon it. [2] Unfortunately, they're spotted leaving the scene. [2] cops give chase, shouting orders.
[3] vs. [3]-1=2
Your cultists escape, branching off into different directions, leaving the cops confused and unable to give chase.
Samuel Brady (Medicine) - Steal some meds, plus ingredients to create whatever drugs Tamara is hooked on.
[5] Samuel manages to find some medicine, antibiotics, and the like. [4] He also manages to find a few doses of anti-withdrawl medicine.
Tamara Hale (Melee Combat) - Assist Samuel. Put the hurt on any weak fool. Disengage from armed police officers or large numbers of hostiles.
[6] Nothing requiring any physical violence occurs, and [2] Tamara doesn't manage to find anything useful for her part. [3] Withdrawl does not set in.
Timmy Murphy (Cult Lore) - Commune with the Calm Gatekeeper.
[5] After a few splashes of spilled blood that leaves a stale smell in the van when he's done, Timmy emerges with a better relationship with the Calm Gatekeeper. This may prove helpful in the future, but too close of a relationship and Timmy might get some ideas of his own.
Brutos (Combat) - Mug and loot arms from gangsters and thugs.
[6] Brutos walks into a dark alley, and beats the hell out of the three shadowy figures he saw lurking there. A few seconds later, he retrieves 2 pistols, and a large knife from the unmoving bodies.

I: Look for somewhere cheap with a basement to set up shop in...
[1] The best you can find is a dry patch underneath an underpass. Yikes.
maureen green: beg for cash, it is better then some things i could have you do...
[6] Maureen goes out begging, collecting just over 150 dollars. [1] Unfortunately on the way home, her strength wavers, and she stops in at the local drug dealer, spending all of her earnings.
Arthur Diaz: look for the tools of torture, for they are the tools of our religion...
[4] A few trips to the hardware store later, and Arthur has stolen pliers, hacksaws, scalpels, everything you need for a good, long, session.
Ora Newton: look for seedy places the locals visit.
[3] Ora finds a dive bar, the kind of place shady types hang out in. It looks promising.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler: Sixty (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sixty's Cult (click to show/hide)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler: Alexander Olanth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Lifebringers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Brutos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Painforged (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 09:09:32 pm by O.Wilde »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Form a Cult: Week 1: Theft
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2016, 08:32:51 pm »

Brutos gave a snarling laugh, giving Tamara one of the pistols, keeping the other and the large knife for himself.

Cult - Spread supplies among the vans and the camper. Rotate who lives in which vehicle weekly. Never keep the vehicles in the same place for too long; always be on the move.

Tamara Hale and Brutos (Combat) - Ride the motorbikes and raid the city's gangs, using speed to hit-and-run enemies. Loot guns, ammo and valuables.

June Davis (Sneaking), Jake Steele (Security Systems), Edwin Roy (Felon) - Take one of the vans and begin breaking-and-entering stores.

Samuel Brady (Medicine) - Be available at all times, using the remaining van to quickly support injured cultists.

Timmy Murphy - Assist Samuel Brady.

"Painforged, ride and raid!"
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2016, 09:07:12 pm »

(just noticed I never received my initial tribute for taking a bluecollar as one of my starters. roll dat pls?)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2016, 09:09:51 pm »

Fixed.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2016, 09:17:18 pm »

Looks like the drafty building is our best bet. It's close to the city, meaning our bluecollar can keep their life and their job intact. I will go purchase it with the funds donated by my loyal members.

Meanwhile my loyal cultist (I think that is ella, right?) Will go and find some materials for patching the building up so it isn't as drafty.

That leaves Richard to go do their bluecollar job to feed themselves, and maybe donate if they have some spare money for it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:49:47 am by Dustan Hache »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2016, 07:44:07 am »

Everyone (me and my cult): look for a cheap / low-quality brothel to buy and set up shop in the basement of; we can keep the current workers on hire...
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2016, 08:25:42 am »

Waitlist me, please!
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2016, 12:53:41 pm »

Poke
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 [2]