Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: The Way of Exile [A Procedurally Generated Surreal RTD] 4/4  (Read 7646 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: The Way of Exile [A Procedurally Generated Surreal RTD] 4/4
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2015, 04:24:58 pm »

Christina shakes her head. "A paradise this is not, but the Vindicate may gift the ingredients to our ascent."
Look around for materials to make a basic tool. We're talking 'flint strapped to a stick by woven grass". If there's any, make it.
Grass, yep. Stick, yep. No luck on anything else though.

"The odds of randomly stepping on squirrel are... unlikely, to say the least. Don't these things usually hide at the first sign of humans? And spend most of their time up in trees? Yes, this is most likely a sign from some god or another."
Examine manner of rodent death in order to determine cosmic meaning.
You stepped on it, saw it, and put it in your backpack. Maybe the squirrels are really trusting here because there is nothing at tall interesting here and nobody ever goes past?

Drink some spring water.
You do so.

If only there you had a more reliable player...
Yeah, I'll give him a day or two, but a small thing like this will suffer from infrequent players.

Ok, I should probably have explained this better, but you know how computer games sometimes have a completely tame training area with nothing in it so you can learn the moves/mechanics/what your items do?

This is that area. If you want something to happen, move on. Preferably in a group.
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2015, 04:43:30 pm »

"While any environment can aid the quest for knowledge, some are less suited than others. We will proceed into the great unknown."
Herd the party boldly onward. 
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2015, 11:44:55 pm »

Shamble on.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2015, 08:29:15 am »

"Indeed."
Walk until I can walk no more.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2015, 10:52:57 am »

Guys, this place is peaceful and safe. Why not make a settlement here?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2015, 11:02:30 am »

Because I suspect that if we do, that's when the teeth start jutting out of the landscape and it all turns out to be some interstellar angler-fish.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2015, 05:42:55 pm »

"While any environment can aid the quest for knowledge, some are less suited than others. We will proceed into the great unknown."
Herd the party boldly onward. 
"Indeed."
Walk until I can walk no more.
Shamble on.
You leave the safety and relative comfort of the valley. As the great Dune walls slope away around you, you enter the real wilderness for the first time, your organs churning momentarily as a near imperceptible chord strums through you. You have entered the first land octave.

The vista that appears between the two walls is less nightmarish than some might have feared, or in one case, hoped. A huge, gently rolling expanse of pale blue flowers, crowded with leafy stalks, flows up to waist height for miles. The landscape is dotted with the odd tree, small but sturdy oaks for the most part, their boughs shading gentle seats of grass. Large recessions or ponds up to thirty feet in diameter dot the land, the green flesh of the flowers fading a little in the salty-smelling water. There is an uncomfortable balance between the fertile, moist soil and brackish pools,but the faded flowers resolutely cover the landscape. Nestling at the feet of vibrant vegetation, far from the pools and the stunted plants, the sharp-eyed can make out odd organisms, between the size of a bowling ball and an apple, without visible eyes, mouths or limbs, irregularly shaped as cushions or sacks of flour, and covered in tiny bristles. They do not appear alarmed at anyone's approach.

((Hmm. Boring rolls, but oh well))
One wheel short of a wagon

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2015, 06:36:11 pm »

Pick up your new pets, everybody (be sure to get an extra one, just in case)!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2015, 06:43:32 pm »

Use superior insight to determine hazardousness and/or usefulness of [Unknown Creature 1]
If not deemed to be superbly dangerous, go pick one up.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2015, 11:11:16 pm »

Pick some flowers. Examine.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 02:05:01 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2015, 12:42:48 pm »

Christina approaches the organisms, looking down at them haughtily. Such a creature was not worth anything in the eyes of De Ignibus Caelestibus. If it has no eyes, how can it observe the glory of Her form? If it has no ears, how can it hear Her wondrous voice? It must be eliminated; it would be a mercy.
Kick the thing.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2015, 03:11:54 pm »

Christina approaches the organisms, looking down at them haughtily. Such a creature was not worth anything in the eyes of De Ignibus Caelestibus. If it has no eyes, how can it observe the glory of Her form? If it has no ears, how can it hear Her wondrous voice? It must be eliminated; it would be a mercy.
Kick the thing.
Don't.
You.
Dare.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2015, 04:56:10 pm »

Kick the thing.
"What are you doing?! Don't scare them off!"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2015, 05:01:58 pm »

Kick the thing.
"They're abominations."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2015, 05:08:19 pm »

Kick the thing.
"They're abominations."
Mia clenches a fist.
"How the fuck do you know?! We haven't even touched one yet! At least let me go get one first, geez."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9