Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: The Way of Exile [A Procedurally Generated Surreal RTD] 4/4  (Read 7659 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Way of Exile [A Procedurally Generated Surreal RTD] 4/4
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2015, 05:08:57 pm »

Christina approaches the organisms, looking down at them haughtily. Such a creature was not worth anything in the eyes of De Ignibus Caelestibus. If it has no eyes, how can it observe the glory of Her form? If it has no ears, how can it hear Her wondrous voice? It must be eliminated; it would be a mercy.
Kick the thing.
"What are you doing?! Don't scare them off!"
"They're abominations."
All in favor of killing this guy on the spot so that I can get in, say "Aye."

Aye.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2015, 05:18:04 pm »

Use superior insight to determine hazardousness and/or usefulness of [Unknown Creature 1]
If not deemed to be superbly dangerous, go pick one up.

It looks... edible? Probably? Alive, you guess? Probably not immediately dangerous? You can't see much.

Pick some flowers. Examine.
They appear to be flax, someone had some rows of them back on the Fringe. You wanna keep them?

Christina approaches the organisms, looking down at them haughtily. Such a creature was not worth anything in the eyes of De Ignibus Caelestibus. If it has no eyes, how can it observe the glory of Her form? If it has no ears, how can it hear Her wondrous voice? It must be eliminated; it would be a mercy.
Kick the thing.
You swing at it, almost missing completely, catching it with a glancing blow. The thing mewls very softly, as if it was considering crying out in some manner, but decided against it.

((I've PM'd Akuma, but it's looking like you might be moving on up without even having to incite murderlynching, ATHATH.

Aaah. I was going to include a general description of the surrounding sights, but it's too late. You can look around into the distance as a free action, btw, makes me acutally get off my arse and make land octaves. You came out of the valley to the South, which opens onto this meadowlike bit.))
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2015, 05:46:01 pm »

Any sign of civilization from here?
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2015, 05:33:06 pm »

Any sign of civilization from here?

Realizing I should make more land before putting people in it....

Climbing to the top of a flowery knoll, the highest point for several acres at least, you can see for leagues in each direction. Past the relatively flat land of the meadow you're in, unremarkable except for a lake or large body of saline water near the centre, you catch your first glimpse of another civilisation, across miles of grassland and flowers to the North.

There is a stone complex, composed of large, imposing rectangular buildings many feet high, arranged in a symmetrical pattern. The walls appear to be carved with giant reliefs, though you cannot make out the horrific subjects from this distance. The land around the construction is flat and barren, though a few gigantic and regular flowerbeds can be made out. The general impression is one of dry and uncomfortable grandeur.

Cloud banks, rapidly rolling back, conceal the land to either side of you, much of which is also hidden by flowers, the looming outward curve of the Dune, and the gentle undulation of the meadow.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2015, 05:55:17 pm »

Stick a few of those creatures into my pack as well as a bunch of flax, then let's head for the structure in the distance.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2015, 04:59:13 pm »

Pick as much flax as I can carry, within reason. Might use this.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2015, 05:01:17 pm »

Just follow along at the back.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2015, 06:28:51 pm »

Pick as much flax as I can carry, within reason. Might use this.
Stick a few of those creatures into my pack as well as a bunch of flax, then let's head for the structure in the distance.
You both get a bundle of flax, Mia taking along a few of the little 'uns with her.

Just follow along at the back.

((Right. Due to lack of sleep and various school things, etc, I've been somewhat lazy recently, and only provided one direction. Now that I have a system for rolling stuff, it should go a bit better, sorry for providing only one place, won't happen again. This is not linear, if it seems to be, yell at me, I'm rushing it. Though that should be settled now.))

You venture further down the meadow, and as you leave the shelter of the huge Dune walls the vista unrolls before you. To your left, a huge, bushy forest grows, after several miles rent by a great wall leaning at an angle to the ground, high above the treetops despite having sunk into the earth, the top apparently broken off. It is supported by great angular buttresses, ideal for passing over it.

Ahead of you is the beaten and barren plain with the rectangular compound situated on it, behind the majority of the meadow, including the huge pond in the middle. And to your right lies a massive golden-amber lake, the thick, clear liquid undulating lazily, ephemeral clouds of steam given off. A few overgrown and scattered shipwrecks lurk along the coastline, alongside a handful of meagre huts by the substances edge. The sand of the beach is brown and light as almonds.

Gradually, you percieve the touch of man upon the world. It is a strange one. None of the focuses of the land octaves are noticeable.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2015, 06:59:38 pm »

Try to steal the inactive Orn's combat scroll. He doesn't need it, after all!

Consider if those wrecked ships are worth exploring. Bonus dungeon or driftwood?

If the party agrees, head down to the huts on the beach so we can meet the locals.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2015, 12:24:06 am »

Try to steal the inactive Orn's combat scroll. He doesn't need it, after all!

Consider if those wrecked ships are worth exploring. Bonus dungeon or driftwood?

If the party agrees, head down to the huts on the beach so we can meet the locals.

Exist. Meet the party.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2015, 12:46:11 am »

Let's check out those huts.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2015, 04:51:55 pm »

Fniff? Also, We're bringing in ATHATH, Akuma has effected a disappearance, are you happy with your char? You can keep this one and have 2 shamans, but the warchief spot's open too.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2015, 05:19:28 pm »

(Apologies!)
"You may meet whatever cretins call that their homes. My destiny waits in the wrecked ships over yonder."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2015, 05:54:39 pm »

"If you want to explore unknown places by yourself, that's your choice. It's just that that's a bad idea and all."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2015, 11:03:00 am »

"If I die, De Ignibus Caelestibus willed it so."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9