Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Interest Check: Mercenary Coalition  (Read 1846 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check: Mercenary Coalition
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 07:53:51 pm »

Sounds gud. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 07:56:44 pm »

in
Black lives matter.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2016, 08:14:40 pm »

Sounds good to me. Only thing I'm wondering is how well this game will handle base support characters. The idea I have in mind is a handler sort who helps coordinate information and supplies and etc.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2016, 08:37:47 pm »

This sounds a bit like a mix of ER and Rogue Trader. Any further details on ships or tech level?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2016, 08:38:55 pm »

Sounds sweet, count me In.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2016, 08:39:40 pm »

I'll join too, if there is still room in the testgame.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 06:27:04 pm »

Aalright, posted the Test Run thread Here.

In general, it'll be first-come first-serve, but I will give priority to those who posted interest in this thread. This thread will be kept open for feedback to stuff not present in the test run, but otherwise, please post in the test run thread if you have something to say.

And somemildmanneredidiot: I haven't really considered support-central characters. You could just not participate in any missions and contribute advice to the other players on a frequent basis, but would that be enough?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 07:05:19 pm »

I'm fine with that. Character wise, the plan was to use information, supplies, and diplomatic trickery to help whomever was deployed stay alive and complete the objective. Maybe provide a bit of a boost to rolls depending on the situation. Sort of like Wade from Kim Possible, if I had to provide an example off the top of my head.

Edit: Looking over the character creation, I can definitely make a support focused character with what you have. It might take a bit of juggling, but I can handle it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 01:18:54 am by somemildmanneredidiot »
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write
Pages: 1 [2]