Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Fire Emblem On Forum: Arrested Respite IC Thread  (Read 8053 times)

Swordstar

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem On Forum: Arrested Respite IC Thread -- Prologue
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2015, 08:01:56 pm »

Niamh had turned to face the door at this point and so wasn't paying attention to what Anata was doing. She did call out to Van though.

"Van, if there's something over there I need to see, let me know, alright? Otherwise I'll keep my focus on these doors. I trust you and Clarisse to keep things under control."
Logged

F.O.E.

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem On Forum: Arrested Respite IC Thread -- Prologue
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2015, 10:10:56 pm »

Van smirked a little at Niamh's response to Anata, even if he was technically involved in the "petty arguing".

"That seems fair." Van finnally said aloud, only to go right back to using Tasik. "<Like eyes on the back of your head? Sounds easy enough.>"

Van moves to C24.
Logged

Swordstar

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem On Forum: Arrested Respite IC Thread -- Prologue
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2015, 05:22:10 pm »

Niamh's smirk was hidden by her mask but a quick flurry of hand movements near her waist conveyed her amusement to Van.

{Pretty much. And keep an eye on that archer. She seems to have an issue with us.}

Spoiler: Hand Signs explanation (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 01:40:44 am by Swordstar »
Logged

F.O.E.

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem On Forum: Arrested Respite IC Thread -- Prologue
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2015, 10:18:30 pm »

"<Was already planning on it. It would've been much easier if she let her true name slip though.>"
Logged

Swordstar

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem On Forum: Arrested Respite IC Thread -- Prologue
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2015, 01:40:28 am »

Niamh gave a slight shrug.

{Wouldn't do much. You still have a read of her strength. It'll work.}
Logged

Xanmyral

  • Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem On Forum: Arrested Respite IC Thread -- Prologue
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2015, 08:59:22 pm »

As the others moved into position, Van felt someone on the other side of the wall! [Cheat Sheet Updated!]

ALLY/NEUTRAL PHASE


Fridenot moved to join the others, still eyeing the door warily.

"I don't think the door will hold much longer."

Dashing from one of the side alleys, a civilian skirts the melee and starts dashing towards the embassy. They look like they're fleeing from something.

ENEMY PHASE


Smoke continued to choke the air, visibility dropping and wavering while the screams of melee continue. There was one shout of fear that was quickly cut off.

Spoiler: A City on Fire (click to show/hide)

The door thudded with several strikes once more. "COME ON! PUT your BACKS INTO IT!"

Code: (??? Vs Door) [Select]
Damage: ???
Code: (??? Vs Door) [Select]
Damage: ???
Code: (Merc ??? Mage C Vs Door) [Select]
Damage: 11 - 1 = 10



TURN 3



PLAYER PHASE

Spoiler: CHEAT SHEET (click to show/hide)

Caellath

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem On Forum: Arrested Respite IC Thread -- Prologue
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2015, 09:23:46 am »

"Waiting for orders, lilac commandant." Aran said, idly sliding a finger along the creases of his robe and amusing himself with how they changed.
Logged
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

F.O.E.

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem On Forum: Arrested Respite IC Thread -- Prologue
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2015, 01:07:56 am »

Van to D-24, hold.
Logged

Caellath

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem On Forum: Arrested Respite IC Thread -- Prologue
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2015, 01:21:28 am »

Aras to F-23, Singe SoldA.
Logged
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twinwolf

  • Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem On Forum: Arrested Respite IC Thread -- Prologue
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2015, 07:37:43 am »

Clarisse to G-23, smash the soldier.
Logged
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sl4cker

  • Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem On Forum: Arrested Respite IC Thread -- Prologue
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2015, 07:52:37 am »

Anata to E-23, attack the soldier.
Logged
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Swordstar

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem On Forum: Arrested Respite IC Thread -- Prologue
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2015, 10:35:08 am »

Niamh to D-25, hold
Logged

Powder Miner

  • Bay Watcher
  • Now with an avatar not years irrelevant!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem On Forum: Arrested Respite IC Thread -- Prologue
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2015, 11:24:32 pm »

Ueli took in a deep breath and proceeded to shout at the top of his lungs across the battlefield.
:"OI! YOU UP THERE, KILLING CIVILIANS! STOP BEFORE I HAVE TO WALK ALLLL THE WAY OVER THERE AND SHOVE THIS SPEAR UP YOUR ORGANS!"
F22 and hold.
Logged

Glory to Forenia!

Kolubaria in aeternum!

Xanmyral

  • Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem On Forum: Arrested Respite IC Thread -- Prologue
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2016, 10:07:58 pm »

And with the word from Niamh, the group moved out in an assault.

Code: (Aras vs Soldier A +1) [Select]
HIT: 91 - 11 = 80
ROLL: 83 Miss!

Aras struck first, a surge of sickly fire flung forth from his fingers. The soldier, to their credit, dove out of the way quickly and managed to miss the near-charring.

The In soldiers cried out in a rage and turned their attention to their assailants.

Code: ( Clarisse vs Soldier A +3) [Select]
HIT: 86 + 15 - 11 = 90
ROLL: 37! Hit!
CRIT: 92
DMG: 16 + 1 - 6 = 11!

Soldier A Counters!
HIT: 92 - 15 - 10 = 67
ROLL: 24! Hit!
CRIT: 40
DMG: 13 - 1 - 3 = 9!
Code: (Anata vs Soldier A +3; +5) [Select]
HIT: 79 + 15 - 11 = 83
ROLL: 53! Hit!
CRIT: 98
IGNIS: 52
DMG: 12 - 6 = 6!

The soldier's luck and skill didn't see him through the day though.

Clarisse charged forth from behind Aras and caught the soldier across the chest, their armor denting inwards and the In Soldier was almost physically lifted off their feet from the attack. Regaining their ground, they countered with a spear thrust that caught Clarisse squarely in the shoulder.

The soldier and Clarisse squared off, a few feints and jabs but no dedicated attacks just yet, having tasted each others' weapon already. There was a sound of tearing metal and the soldier looked down in surprise, seeing the arrow lodged firmly in their chest where their armor had been dented by the axewoman.

He slumped to the ground, bleeding out slowly until death.

When Ueli shouted forth his challenge, several of the soldiers ahead turned back towards the group in surprise and confusion. The soldier in question wretched their spear from the cooling corpse and grunted.

ALLY/NEUTRAL PHASE


Fridenot stood his ground with Niamh, eyeing the door warily and muttering a prayer under his breath to the Craftsman, running two fingers along the length of his blade.

Won't be but a moment before it comes crashing done.

A civilian charged towards the group, looking scared for her life while she pressed herself as tight as she could against the wall to make herself as small of a target as possible.

ENEMY PHASE


Code: (Merc In Mage A vs Clarisse +1) [Select]
HIT: 88 - 10 - 4 = 74
ROLL: 15! Hit!
CRIT: 6! Crit! //WELP
DMG: 11 - 0 = 11 x 3 = 33! //Ouch
Code: (In Knight vs Ueli +3) [Select]
HIT: 78 - 13 = 65
ROLL: 79 Miss!

Ueli Counters!
HIT: 99 - 5 = 94
ROLL: 92! Hit!
CRIT: 93
DMG: 9 - 10 = *TINK*
ADEPT: 84

Ueli Strikes Again!
HIT: 99 - 5 = 94
ROLL: 60! Hit!
CRIT: 10! Crit!
DMG: 9 - 10 = *TINK* x 3 = *MEGA TINK*
ADEPT: 82

The mage screamed out as she watched the soldier drop, and a cold rage filmed over her face as her tome crackled with loosely contained energy.

With an ear-splitting peal of thunder, Clarisse felt immense pain that soon thankfully turned numb as her skin and nerves blackened. The axewoman collapsed to the ground in blessed unconsciousness.

The knight didn't miss a beat and charged forth, their metal bulk pushing towards the enemy despite grievous injuries. They jabbed out at Ueli but the knight winced and their thrust went wide, easily dodged by the spearman. Ueli reacted with two quick jabs, but neither found purchase in the armored knight.

Code: (An Mercenary C vs Merc In Mage A) [Select]
HIT: 102 + 5 - 9 = 98
ROLL: 8! Hit!
CRIT: 31
DMG: 11 - 0 = 11!

Merc In Mage A Counters!
HIT: 88 - 5 - 14 = 69
ROLL: 15! Hit!
CRIT: 15
DMG: 11 - 0 = 11!

From an alleyway came two An soldiers, whooping and hollering at catching their enemy unaware. The mage took a sword to the flank and in retaliation sent an electrical shock back through the blade and into the An swordsman.

Seeing a distraction, the lone An archer fled north. A soldier took chase but otherwise the rest took formation facing the southern aggressors, although the archer and Soldiers B and C were eyeing Soldier E with suspicion.


Code: (??? vs Door) [Select]
Damage: ???

With one final crash the door finally caved in, an axe stuck fast to the wood and a few more whacks from two axe-wielding soldiers behind soon cleared the rest of it away. From behind the door tromped through was a mage, a knight, and a lanky man decorated in Uxanin imagery across his armor and shield.

A lance was quickly leveled in the faces of both Niamh and Fridenot--who to his credit didn't flinch--and the source of the booming voice was discovered.

"Mercenaries! Its ALWAYS Craftsman DAMNED MERCENARIES! I DON'T TAKE KINDLY TO BEING LOCKED IN MY OWN EMBASSY, NOT when there is a CIVIL WAR GOING ON!"

"Under the AUTHORITY GRANTED TO ME by the AGREEMENTS of NEUTRALITY from the ORDAINED UXANIN, I place ALL of you under ARREST, as are ALL MERCENARIES OF THE CITY! If you resist, you will be EXECUTED ON THE SPOT!"

The knight and mage stood at ready to fight, but no attack came just yet. The self-proclaimed embassy owner spotted the civilian cowering behind the mercenaries and the harsh look in his eyes eased up just a bit.

"This is no place for non-combatants. I swear, when I find WHOEVER or WHATEVER started this I will..." The man petered off but the grip on his lance tightened and a steely look entered his eye. "GET OUT OF MY WAY or be STRUCK DOWN, mercenaries. More soldiers will be coming to detain you, and if I find you've escaped custody I will personally hunt you down for sport. There are more important matters at hand! I must restore PEACE TO MY CITY! THROUGH AXE, LANCE, and SWORD!"

The jingling armory's lackeys shouted the battle cry in unison with the man.

"...Why did it have to be one of them?"

Enemy pastebin updated!



TURN 4



PLAYER PHASE

Spoiler: CHEAT SHEET (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 10:23:53 pm by Xanmyral »
Logged

Swordstar

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem On Forum: Arrested Respite IC Thread
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2016, 10:29:11 pm »

Niamh froze, quickly signaling with one quick hand gesture to Van that she needed to know the power level of the new enemies. While she waited for that, she sheathed her sword though she kept her hand on the hilt. Removing her mask, she quietly said,

"I'm removing my mask both as a common courtesy and as a signal that I do not want to view you as an enemy. I apologize for locking you in that room but we were trying to keep ourselves safe and were afraid that we would be attacked if we did not protect ourselves. We remained neutral until civilians started to be attacked. Once that happened, we started to move forward in an attempt to protect those remaining. We are not all mercenaries, and in fact have one of the embassy guards in our party. However, it is true that some of us are mercenaries but we are not a part of this fight. We are simply trying to protect ourselves and protect the innocent. If you let us, we would help you protect them and restore peace."
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7