Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 61

Author Topic: XMAS 2015 GIVEAWAY - 25 Days of Festive Wookie Cookies  (Read 86825 times)

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
XMAS 2015 GIVEAWAY - 25 Days of Festive Wookie Cookies
« on: November 22, 2015, 05:25:01 am »

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!

It is that time of year again... Do please read all the rules, as there have been a few changes.

DONATIONS ARE CLOSED.

Thanks to everyone that donated games; this giveaway wouldn't happen without you!  :)

The Rules for Everyone Joining The Giveaway:

1 ) You must have made your Bay12 account before November 22, 2015. This giveaway is meant to contribute back to the community.
2 ) You must not be an Escaped Lunatic. We appreciate people who contribute to our community, so don't be shy!  :)
3 ) Link to your Steam account.  This is mine: aristabulus  If you do not know how to do this, please PM me.
4 ) It is not necessary to donate games to participate, but definitely appreciated!  Also, you do not need to sign up to win games if you wish to only donate.
5 ) Please list all games you wish to sign up for in alphabetical order.  Please be moderate with your entries, so that everyone gets a chance to win.
5a ) The title must be explicitly stated, not in a quote or spoiler fold, for a successful sign-up.  Any variation on "me too", "this", "that", or other vague language will be ignored.
Quote from: aristabulus
There is no firm rule for what "moderate" really means; it does kinda depend on how much is donated.  From a quick glance at last year, the person that signed up for the most stuff did not exceed 10% of the units on the schedule, and several of those were adoptions (they were the sole entrant).  Last year, I stopped counting at around 550 units donated; the final number was probably closer to 650.

So... Don't feel guilty about being liberal with your entries.  Please don't sign up for games that you don't actually have interest in playing...  but y'all can lay it on a bit thick.  If you get carried away, I'll let you know.

6 ) This is not a wishlist.  The games donated are the games available.
6a ) This is not a giveaway for your friends or family.  This is a giveaway for dorfs, by dorfs.
7 ) If you decide later to join more games, make sure you alert me that you've already signed up.
7a ) Any changes you wish to make are preferred in a format more like "Add: XYZ, Withdraw: ABC"; I only need to see the alterations.  Replace (List A) with (List B) type posts will be ignored.
7b ) Please do not edit posts to add things.  New posts are literally my intake box; once I see it and process it, it is gone from my mind.  If anything more than about 5 minutes passes, I'd rather see a double post.
7c ) It is your own responsibility to keep a list of which game drawings you have entered.  I do not have a list of all the games for which each person is signed up...  I have a list of games that have names attached; the stuff in the OP is the only data I have.  If you don't remember all your entries, you can quote the schedule sign-ups post and use Find (ctrl+F) to search within the quoted post.
8 ) If there are multiple copies being offered for a single game, or if more copies turn up later, you only need to sign up once...  you're in it 'till you win it!
8a ) I will not be adding names directly to remainder lists.  When a new copy appears, remainders get reinstated, and anyone else can sign up like normal.
9 ) You must acknowledge that you've read these rules.
10 ) Failure to follow the rules may result in a variety of responses, including but not limited to: polite nudging, civil ignorance, being offered up as a flesh sacrifice to eldritch horrors, criminally terrible puns.

-------

The Rules for Game Donators:

1 ) I do not choose who wins your drawings. This is to maintain fairness; I will only be keeping the lists up to date, to keep things flowing smoothly for everyone.
2 ) Do NOT send me the game.  I'm just The Guy Wot Wrangles Lists Really Good.
3 ) If your game is NOT on Steam, please let me know when you sign up.
3a ) The Humble Store has gone back to a simple key generator for Steam copies, because Valve deprecated the API that ran the whole link-your-steam-account system... much simpler for everyone, including us.
3b ) If you are located in a country with a currency that is weak on the global market, any donations you might have will be region locked.  Please see this article and this reddit post for more information.
4 ) Donations must be a game, or a game related item (like an expansion or DLC).  Bundle leftovers (like F2P starter/booster packs, or beta keys if still relevant) are allowed, but don't be surprised if no one bites.  Coupons are not allowed.  Indie Game: The Movie has a restraining order issued.
4a ) Cash equivalent "wild card" gifts are not allowed; they generate too much work for a single item, and they make people a little crazy.  For people that want to donate but don't know what to get, I'll be making a suggestion list in the days ahead.
5 ) Post the name of the game(s), and the date(s) you wish to give away.  Alphabetical order will save me time.  I would vastly prefer if people picked their dates.  If no dates are stated, I will find spots on the schedule; let me know if you'd rather do all-on-a-single-day or spread out.  Please keep in mind your availability / holiday plans / etc., and keep me informed so I don't schedule you for a day you can't make it online.  If a conflict occurs, tell me ASAP, so we can reschedule the drawing.
5a ) If your donation is more than 8 items, I'd appreciate if you'd PM me the list first, so I can do some formatting before it is publicly posted.
6 ) You are responsible for showing up on the day(s) in question to do the drawing and declare the winner.
6a ) A common method for finding the winner of a drawing is to copy-paste the name list into random.org's List Randomizer, hit randomize 5 or 6 times, and copy-paste the results into your post... the name that floats to the top of the list is the lucky winner!
6b ) If your game is scheduled alongside identical donations on the same day, please discuss timing with the other donators, so that winners are correctly removed from subsequent drawings.

-------

DONATIONS ARE CLOSED.

Thanks to everyone that donated games; this giveaway wouldn't happen without you!  :)

List of people signed up:

10ebbor10 (@Bay12,@Steam) --- a1s (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Aklyon (@Bay12,@Steam) --- aristabulus (@Bay12,@Steam)

at10ti0n (@Bay12,@Steam) --- birdy51 (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Bitoru (@Bay12,@Steam)

Boltgun (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Bouchart (@Bay12,@Steam) --- bulborbish (@Bay12,@Steam)

Carlos Gustavos (@Bay12,@Steam) --- ChairmanPoo (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Cheeetar (@Bay12,@Steam)

choppy (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Cicero (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Cinder (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Darkond2100 (@Bay12,@Steam)

F.O.E. (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Facekillz058 (@Bay12,@Steam) --- flame99 (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Flying Dice (@Bay12,@Steam)

Frumple (@Bay12,@Steam) --- GiglameshDespair (@Bay12,@Steam) --- GUNINANRUNIN/adwarf (adwarf@Bay12, GUNIN@Steam)

HARD (@Bay12,@Steam) --- highzealot (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Hugehead (@Bay12,@Steam) --- HugoLuman (@Bay12,@Steam)

i2amroy (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Icefire2314 (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Insanegame27 (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Itnetlolor (@Bay12,@Steam)

Japa (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Johuotar (@Bay12,@Steam)

Kaferian (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Kot (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Krevsin (@Bay12,@Steam)

Lord Allagon (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Lord_lemonpie (@Bay12,@Steam) --- LoSboccacc (@Bay12,@Steam)

Mapleguy555 (@Bay12,@Steam) --- martinuzz (@Bay12,@Steam) --- MaximumZero (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Meme (@Bay12,@Steam)

Mephansteras (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Mephisto (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Metalax (@Bay12,@Steam) --- miauw62 (@Bay12,@Steam)

n9103 (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Nao (@Bay12,@Steam) --- NAV (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Naxza (@Bay12,@Steam)

OzyTheSage (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Peradon (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Persus13 (@Bay12,@Steam) --- quinnr (@Bay12,@Steam)

ragnar119 (@Bay12,@Steam) --- RangerCado (@Bay12,@Steam) --- RedKing (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Reyn (@Bay12,@Steam)

RickRollYou2 (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Rilder (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Rince Wind (@Bay12,@Steam) --- rumpel (@Bay12,@Steam)

Sappho (@Bay12,@Steam) --- scriver (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Sensei (@Bay12,@Steam)

Sentient Bowtie (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Shadowlord (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Sheb (@Bay12, @Steam)

Sirus (@Bay12,@Steam) --- sjm9876 (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Steelmagic (@Bay12,@Steam)

Tawarochir (@Bay12,@Steam) --- teoleo (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Th4DwArfY1 (@Bay12,@Steam)

The Scout (@Bay12,@Steam) --- TheDarkStar (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Tiruin (@Bay12,@Steam)

Trapezohedron (@Bay12,@Steam) --- TripJack (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Tronak (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Twinwolf (@Bay12,@Steam)

uber pye (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Ukrainian Ranger (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Urist Imiknorris (@Bay12,@Steam)

Vendayn (@Bay12,@Steam) --- ventuswings (@Bay12,@Steam)

werty892 (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Wiles (@Bay12,@Steam) --- Wolfeyez (@Bay12,@Steam) --- woosholay (@Bay12,@Steam)

Yourmaster (@Bay12,@Steam)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 03:49:51 pm by aristabulus »
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
Re: XMAS 2015 GIVEAWAY - 25 Days of Festive Wookie Cookies
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 05:25:30 am »

Completed drawings are listed under the day they were actually drawn, Arizona time (UTC-07:00).

About-the-game links (info) may not match up with the source of the gift.  They will mostly be Steam pages, or an easily linkable info source for the game. 

Items listed on a single line are considered one item to be given away, because of bundling.

The schedule is clustered by donator (except where there's an overlap).  Results will be sorted alphabetically by title.

Once drawings start, recent additions will have a size bump and a date added note for a few days after the add.

DONATIONS ARE CLOSED.

List of all games by date:

January 05
Bird Assassin from Metalax (went to a good home with choppy!)
Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China from Metalax (went to a good home with choppy!)
Vector from Metalax (went to a good home with choppy!)
X-Blades from Metalax (went to a good home with choppy!)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 12:32:06 pm by aristabulus »

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 05:25:51 am »

List of all games, alphabetically, with sign-ups:

ABCDEFGHI:
-----

J:
Kay, have you ever used the flashy thing on me?

K:
No.

LMNOP:
-----

Q:
I've got a flower delivery here for a... *looks at card*  Jeen Luck Pickerd?

RSTUVWXYZ:
-----
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 02:37:36 pm by aristabulus »

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 05:26:09 am »

DONATIONS ARE CLOSED.

These suggestions are for people that want to donate, but don't know what to pick...  I'll update the list occasionally, but there may be other picks hiding on the schedule.  Any game that has several people signed up for it can be considered a good pick for a donation.

-----

Spoiler: Remainder Lists (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 02:39:08 pm by aristabulus »

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 05:26:42 am »

Okay, now that the OP sections are set up...

LET THE FESTIVITIES BEGIN!  ^___^

This will be the final year for me running the giveaway.  By the time next year rolls around, I'll be graduated from school and working, possibly in remote areas where time and connectivity are sparse.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 05:39:46 am »

Nice, I want to support some quality indy games. So I'm giving away Starsector and Age of Decadence. Let's make them available 7th and 8th of December. For Age of Decadence, I'd rather gift on GoG than Steam since I'll rather support GoG as a platform.

Muh Steam is Majestic7 (duh)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 11:13:25 am by Majestic7 »

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 06:04:53 am »

Nice, I want to support some quality indy games. So I'm giving away Starsector and Age of Decadence. Let's make them available 7th and 8th of December. For Age of Decadence, I'd rather gift on GoG than Steam since I'll rather support GoG as a platform.

For Starsector, it looks like the only way to get it right now is directly from the devs... is that correct?  I found a Steam community listing, but no store page.

Do please linkify your Steam account, thanks!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 06:19:53 am »

Wow, Sappho went overboard!

And yes, Starsector is only available from the devs... and is also DRM-free with unlimited downloads.

IDK if I'll be able to give anything away this year, it'll probably depend on whether or not I get the job I interviewed for. :x

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 06:38:17 am »

Neat, Steam Sale is 3 days away too, certainly gonna throw something into the mix.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 06:49:29 am »

Rules read

sjm9876

Spoiler: Donations: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Entries for Draws: (click to show/hide)

As every year, many thanks for doing this guys :)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 06:49:37 am »

I shall PTW, then.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2015, 11:06:09 am »

Rules read~

Steam profile

Not signing up for anything at the moment, probably will later. Have some bundle detritus to offload! Might dig up more of it at some point, I'unno.

Donations, all through humble:
Edge of Space (Steam page)
Interplanetary (Steam page)
ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS (Steam page)
STARWHAL (Steam page)

All on the... 17th? Let's say 17th.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2015, 11:52:46 am »

Getting signed up now, though not entering for anything quite yet.

Rules read.

Steam profile

Donations are deploying...
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2015, 12:52:11 pm »

Rules read.

Steam thingie

I'll contribute a few games in a couple of days or so.  Lemme wait for the sales.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2015, 01:21:34 pm »

Rules are indeed read.

Steam link over here

I have a TerraTech gift copy in my steam inventory that I hadn't expected, but its there. So I'll put that on the list for...lets say on the 20th.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 61