Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Old version framerate issues  (Read 527 times)

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
Old version framerate issues
« on: November 23, 2015, 10:24:12 am »

I... may have made a post like this in the past, I don't remember. If I have, I apologize.

Anyway. As some of you may be aware, I do like to play older versions of Dwarf Fortress, mostly just because I can. But for reasons beyond my comprehension, versions 23a and 40d are *ridiculously* slow compared to the versions after them.

I don't want to give up playing them completely because I do still have fun with them (and 40d is probably my favorite version otherwise, for personal reasons). But it's frustrating to have to wait five hours for my dwarf to move one tile (exaggeration, but that's what it feels like).

Are there any ways to improve the framerate for these old versions, or am I stuck with it?
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Old version framerate issues
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 09:42:59 am »

There have been a few topics on this before, but you should visit this wiki page.
To change between versions, click on one of the version at the top-center of the page.