Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708]

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1273653 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #10605 on: January 22, 2024, 12:18:45 pm »

as in you copulated with a squidman whose reproductive cycle has nothing to do with yours?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10606 on: January 22, 2024, 12:42:33 pm »

Trust me, it's for the best she didn't reproduce with the mind flayer.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10607 on: January 22, 2024, 01:53:54 pm »

as in you copulated with a squidman whose reproductive cycle has nothing to do with yours?
Yes. I tugged his tentacles. I'm not making that up either.

EDIT: Playing modded Vicky 3, just a mod that releases every nation.

I was trying to form Germany. It's painful, because you don't have any vassals, nobody's in your market, and everyone fucking hates you all the time. Some reason the mod breaks AI somewhat and they all turn super fucking protective of everyone else.

So, how did I fix that? I beelined military techs, got lasseiz-faire to maximise AI construction, sold off all my barracks to remake them with line infantry (No ability to create ammo at first, so it was horrifically expensive to keep the original army), and just keep. Building. An army.

I had the largest army in Europe, still failed a lot of wars due to the AI getting mysterious defence/offence bonuses despite nothing obvious causing them to gain both, as well as being ganged up on every time I did a war. I had to take out Austria in a 4 year long war, 90% of which was fought in a 5 mile gap between our border and a lake (I was against Austria, Two Sicilies (Who had take 2/3 of Italy), Croatia (Sold off to get TS involved) and Slovakia) and cost 300k lives on my side and about 250k on theirs.

Then was Westphalia.

They were fucking horrific. Large army despite a shit economy, their army was receiving unknown bonuses to the extent they were approaching double my strength, and a complex web of defensive pacts. I never took them out in the end, what happened was I drew them into a war by attacking their allies and kicked them out of the unification race, barely. Then I unified Germany, by which point I'd absorbed so many OPMs and minor powers that my army increased by about 150%. France got involved, England got involved, every other German state got involved, Slovakia, Slovenia Austria, Bohemia...

Still, I had a tough enough army to deal with them, and enough debt capacity to have my army well upgraded and fully mobilised without defaulting. I had to give up on France, Westphalia was still independent because the game ignored them in the unification play for some reason, Austria never got taken oddly enough. So I wound up sans Westphalia and Austria, but I had Bohemia. Basically I was playing fat Germany.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 08:04:27 pm by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10608 on: January 24, 2024, 06:19:44 pm »

I just beat The Hand of the King (the final boss) of Dead Cells on Nightmare difficulty (the fourth harder than default). As you might have guessed from the name, that was not easy. I'm impressed with myself, but where the "own" part comes in is that the concept of pogoing an enemy (bouncing off its head with a down attack) does not really exist in the Dead Cells universe; the only weapon I know of able to do it is the Pure Nail, a Hollow Knight crossover weapon. As it happens, The Hand of the King does not know how to handle you bouncing off his head with impunity, even though by that point, he has so much health that (despite the fact that up- or down-attacks with the Pure Nail are critical hits) you'd basically be doing no worse than a mild scratch. So, in this case, it was a probably literal death by a thousand cuts. I hit that guy on the head a lot.
Despite his rather exploitable weakness to being pogoed on, he's not trivial to kill because he has an enormous amount of health, and by that point, getting hit by him in return is very, very painful.
How did I even get to him in the first place, you might be wondering? Well, I happened to get an extremely lucky run in that I found the legendary version of a weapon called Flint (which, despite its name, appears more like a warhammer with a severed hand serving as the head). Normally, Flint's gimmick is that you can charge up an attack to a certain point to make it into a critical hit and also spawn a flaming trail in the direction you're attacking. The legendary version, however, always has charged attacks like this no matter how quickly you make them come out, meaning that all of its attacks are critical hits and spawn flaming trails - thus enabling a legendary Flint to have ludicrous DPS. Even in the penultimate area of the game (this time around I chose High Peak Castle) I was able to kill just about anything in a few hits to the face with that.
Also having a Pure Nail available (it was in my backpack for most of the run) meant I could switch to it when facing bosses I knew it'd be especially good against, such as The Hand of the King.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10609 on: January 24, 2024, 10:10:18 pm »

Took out a 6 man raid with mixed weaponry (Pistols, rifles and knives) using only one person with a rifle. It was close, twice guys got almost adjacent to her, but two lucky one-hit-kills happened that seriously depleted their numbers, and once two more were down the rest fled, and I got one as they ran.

Rimworld

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10610 on: January 24, 2024, 10:20:57 pm »

Took out a 6 man raid with mixed weaponry (Pistols, rifles and knives) using only one person with a rifle. It was close, twice guys got almost adjacent to her, but two lucky one-hit-kills happened that seriously depleted their numbers, and once two more were down the rest fled, and I got one as they ran.

Rimworld

Wow, congrats!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10611 on: February 18, 2024, 09:32:17 am »

First attempt at fighting the Void Wizard almost got me killed. Used a recall scroll before that happened.

Second time, I brought reinforcements: two Guard villagers(they have far more HP), with full Demonic armor, which is just barely second-best to Quartz, maybe best depending on how you see the set bonuses. Void Wizard didn't stand a chance, even though bringing help makes bosses stronger. I think each companion add 20% and a bit to boss HP. Still almost died because I wasn't paying enough attention to my HP or dodging projectiles, though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10612 on: February 19, 2024, 06:45:52 pm »

While I'm upgrading now, I'd accidentally stumbled upon a pretty good Midline frigate setup. Some custom Centurions, a couple of Wayfarers (More because I started with them), a couple of Vigilances, a Brawler and a couple of kites. They wound up being able to punch up very effectively, a good chunk of which was that they had some EMP ability without compromising overall firepower which made enemy frigates and destroyers immobile. The Vigilances could then, once the target's shield was high, spam the hell out of some Gorgons with surprisingly devastating results. The sheer number they can spew out when their fast missile rack ability is full is really good for tearing ships up.

Now, however, I need to keep pushing up the ranks. The Hegemony is at war with all the factions bar the Luddic Church and *winning*. I need to turn this around singlehandedly.

Starsector

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10613 on: February 19, 2024, 09:56:52 pm »

Barely beat the Ancient Vulture, solo and on first real try(I had unwittingly summoned her much earlier by accident). I had single-digit HP and my healing potion was on cooldown, but the bird was also down to under 100 HP. Worse, a few of her babies hatched before I could destroy the eggs and were flying right at me. Then the boss made a charge at me, but missed, setting me up to fire several homing blood bolts into her back. Killing her also despawned her spawn.

EDIT: This happened just after the forum crashed, so it's not so recent. Beat Lilly and her Lyleen. While I went in with the heavy Fire-types Vanwyrm, Incineram, and Felbat(actually Dark, but hits hard enough), the main star was my own pretty Pal flower girl(actually boy) Petalia who could almost solo Lyleen if it wasn't for the time limit. In fact, I had less than a minute left, and very little HP, when I put the last pistol round through Lilly's forehead.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 09:45:39 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10614 on: March 31, 2024, 08:34:11 am »

Started playing Risk of Rain again (The OG, not the new one) for the first time since something like 2016. Nobody to play it with, so I was going solo. Engineer's my best class by far, and I've managed to get further than ever with him. Got to the divine teleporter and accidentally jumped back for a victory lap instead of progressing. Died when I came under attack from four(!) magma worms and a golem.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10615 on: April 01, 2024, 08:23:18 am »

What an intense game it was, but i finally managed to beat The Evil Within
and only ... 54 deaths :D

Some parts of the game were insane in the visuals, level design and in the atmosphere but in gameplay there were some maddening battles (Laura ... and i learned after finally destroying that abomination that you could avoid that boss battle to start with ... she killed my character so many times )

It was a complete masterpiece, the tension was always present as you felt there was no "safe" area anywhere (even when they were) and trying to stealth around and silently get rid of monsters to avoid wasting precious ammo only to do something stupid and have to run away from angry monsters hoping to find a hiding place to let the rage go away.

Defintively recommended great game, assuming you're not repelled by the horror theme everywhere of course as the game never stop to make you feel stuck in a nightmarish hell in which death just wait around a corner.

Now to get to the sequel when i'll get my breath back.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10616 on: April 01, 2024, 03:44:50 pm »

Made it to the ship. Didn't get to the boss, but I spent a good 55-ish minutes getting there in all. I was screwed over by the ceaseless Wandering Vagrant spawns, I just couldn't kill them fast enough and I couldn't escape their DPS.

I need to see if some friends want to play this some time.

Risk of Rain (2013)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10617 on: April 04, 2024, 08:01:57 pm »

Went crazy in the enemy base, carving through enemies with my knife as they seemed to be more focused on whoever was attacking the objective rather than me. Got the "You got blood on my suit" achievement - 10 knife kills in one life.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10618 on: April 06, 2024, 07:20:37 pm »

Managed to get a score of 118 in Stunt Moles, which means I managed to meet the challenge of getting 110 in that game. Never thought I’d manage that.

I did get quite lucky for specials flying in that gave me higher scores for hits, and the fact there was only one other human playing probably helped too. You lose score for active misses but not actually trying, so the last phase I just waited out.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 07:22:10 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10619 on: April 11, 2024, 05:44:42 pm »

I've been running a low-tech/XIV variant fleet and I seem to have come upon a pretty damn good one now. I can fend off fleets larger than mine consistently, all I need to do is hit full assault and the enemy fleet will start getting shredded. I'll usually lose an Enforcer or two, but they're just destroyers and pretty acceptable casualties.

Anyway, it took basically no time to deal with the TriTach crisis, and now I've got an extra 24% accessibility at my colonies. I've also been ripping the other crisis fleets to shreds, I'm just waiting for them to come to a head (And for my atmosphereless colony to grow so I can plonk a fuel manufactory on it and bung my synchotron in to upset the Diktat). Hopefully either the pirate or League one, the first so that I'm able to get a solid bonus and the latter because I've already nicked their nanoforge.

Starsector

EDIT: PL crisis dealt with, they were simple. Lost a few ships but recovered all of them.

The pirates, on the other hand, came at me with such a massive fleet that my capitals started to run out of CR in the battle. Even with the help of a system defence fleet *and* a Hegemony AI inspection fleet it was tough. The enemy just kept shitting out more and more and more and more and more ships. In the end I won, lost a couple of ships and burned through most of my fleet's armour and health, but a victory is a victory.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 12:07:54 pm by Great Order »
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708]