Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 167

Author Topic: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.  (Read 294672 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.
« Reply #1140 on: April 11, 2021, 07:18:00 am »

It's definitely worth a look; it's in the line of things that take a pretty simple idea and run with it well enough that something pretty interesting comes out of it, kind of like Loop Hero. (Though I personally think there's more game here.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: April 11, 2021, 08:17:39 am »

I'd say after three pages of discussion, it's worth bringing to its own thread. Off with ya, shoo.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: April 11, 2021, 08:29:52 am »

I'd say after three pages of discussion, it's worth bringing to its own thread. Off with ya, shoo.

Three pages? Give us some credit here! It started being discussed on page 48:D
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: April 11, 2021, 08:42:26 am »

Well I played the tutorial and I get it. I'm going to tool around with it some more this week. Thanks for the recommend - yeah I remember it being brought up some time ago.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: April 11, 2021, 01:49:54 pm »

It gets better and better after the tutorial as you'll start unlocking lots of stuff that allow you more variation in the gameplay.

And now, the definition of frustration.
Managed to clear the 7th scenario (noxious marsh) on hard mode with the demonologist after several failures, was going for the 8th one (the ancient tomb) in the hope to unlock finally the corresponding item.
After a lot of losses (as the scenario is "curse your die faces party" , so much the multivitamin item can't follow at all) i decided to ditch the multivitamin and get the ring of fellowship (despite i had the demonifesto) nstead so at least i could have a chance to have a starting imp pet with the hope to get red gem rolls to kill the starting enemies (as they have 4 health) before they can throw curses.

It surprisingly worked (well not that surprisingly as having much less cursed faces thanks to the starting imp helping with the first opponent before he could hit me at least twice (and curse 2 faces), i was losing less health when rolling them and the many tomb guardians enemies weren't getting +attack bonus that fast).

Then after defeating the demi boss (great i had purchased some good healing faces as she hit hard, more than the final boss,), the final boss appeared.
I rerolled a lot and thanks to the many red faces i had purchased for my army of imp, we defeated his minions and hurt him bad.
Unfortunately i got a lot of hit too and faces withered.
So on the final attack i finally cleared it, the boss was destroyed.
Happy, i pressed Next Turn and :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Huh ? you got to be kidding me , the game just killed me after i ended this victorious turn ...
It's probably a bug as i am sure i had 2 health left when i pressed the end turn button. But damn, just when i was finally going to clear that horrible hard mode "Ancient Tomb"

edit : finally cleared the hard mode version of Ancient Tomb, i think i was on the right track with my item choices
It allowed me to finally unlock the item rewarded for clearing 8 hard mode scenario.

Then i read the description of the item
that sound super awesome, but
That seemed to make it the worst item ever.
Until i tried it and the 3 fears are only used when you want to use an item that has run out of charges (as the item prevent abilities to disappear when they have run out), so not so bad after all, and even really good on scenario that does not feature fear-giving enemies.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 05:27:00 am by Robsoie »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: April 15, 2021, 01:51:08 pm »

After years on itch.io, Voxel Tycoon has come to Steam Early Access.

Build factories to harvest and process raw materials, then build transportation networks to move them around a vast and infinitely expanding world.

I haven't played yet, but lots of glowing reviews have me sorely tempted. However, the price point is just slightly higher than I'd like, and the recent Satisfactory update is already kinda scratching that itch for me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: April 16, 2021, 07:18:43 pm »

SaGa Frontier Remastered launched yesterday. It still features the Junk Shop exploit. I audibly laughed when I tried it and it worked.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: April 16, 2021, 10:18:04 pm »

Just finished a playthrough of Descent 2, a game I go back to every 5 years or so.  Still have my original CD from the 1990s.

If you play Descent or Descent 2 I recommend the DXX-Rebirth source port.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: April 17, 2021, 04:38:10 pm »

Voxel Tycoon

Can it really be called "Voxel Tycoon" when most of the assets aren't even made using voxels? False advertising, I say...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: April 29, 2021, 03:21:54 pm »

Rising World was just updated. It's now possible to build, and it looks like there's a lot of shapes and materials to work with. No crafting or much else yet. Multiplayer support is supposed to be the focus for the next update. Much of the actual work for multiplayer was done during the building update, so the next update won't take as long according to the developer.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: April 29, 2021, 05:18:53 pm »

Rising World was just updated.

Wait, what? That's actually still in development? Holy cow. I thought that just died along with all the other unfinished open world survival craft games of the period.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: May 01, 2021, 02:05:52 pm »

So for the weekend the semi-sequel-ish to Star Crawlers is doing an open alpha playtest thingy. If you look at Starcrawlers as Eye of the Beholder, this'd be Dungeon Hack. If any of the above makes sense to you and speaks to something inside you, it might be worth checking out:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1487560/StarCrawlers_Chimera/

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: May 01, 2021, 08:25:09 pm »

The blurb did, but that presentation in the screenshots is a remarkably hard hell no, yikes.

Weird thing is I think back in the day dungeon hack was several times more tolerable an experience than eye of the beholder...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1153 on: May 02, 2021, 01:12:15 pm »

EotB had a full party of actions to manage in real-time, whereas DH had only a single person. That's a huge difference when you pretty much have to click manually for every action.
The sequel-ish seems to be non-cardinal facing, plus a whole slew of actions to pick from. Hopefully they're hotkey'd at least.

I'm interested, but couldn't expect to provide useful feedback, so opting out.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: May 02, 2021, 02:13:30 pm »

Well, I did like Starcrawlers a bit, regardless of its flaws, so I'm going to opt in and see if I can get a taste of Chimera. In the event I do, I'll let you know my thoughts on it here.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 167