Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 167

Author Topic: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.  (Read 295018 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2017, 10:09:23 am »

They are billions.

Putting it here since it's in early access and I haven't played it yet, but it seems hella interesting. What is it? Well, for the most part it looks like somewhat simplified economy and base managment of stronghold paired with a zombie survival mode, all with a really neat looking steampunk aesthetic on top of it all. From what I've seen of the gameplay it seems pretty fleshed out for an early access game, not sure what's left for them to implement, probably more stuff, more stuff is always good.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2017, 12:20:33 pm »

They are billions.

Putting it here since it's in early access and I haven't played it yet, but it seems hella interesting. What is it? Well, for the most part it looks like somewhat simplified economy and base managment of stronghold paired with a zombie survival mode, all with a really neat looking steampunk aesthetic on top of it all. From what I've seen of the gameplay it seems pretty fleshed out for an early access game, not sure what's left for them to implement, probably more stuff, more stuff is always good.

I saw a bunch of YT plays on They Are Billions.

I am just not sure if I pay for the game via their website that I can start playing the beta build right away, or if it be like a pre-order and I would need to wait until it is steam released.

The game looks good, maybe because there is a lack of RTS game.  Maybe RTS still be back in fad with the zombie genre.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2017, 12:12:02 am »

so, one of my black friday purchases was Angels Fall First, a battlefield like that supports bots, up to 64 players/bots total and has a commander vote function like battlefield. what it doesnt have is loot boxes or dlc. the ai is pretty good, i got ambushed by a group of the mofos while pushing towards an objective, pretty smart but not extremely player like. there's a pretty indepth player customization feature as well. you also have a leveling system that expands a point limit that is used to upgrade your equipment (you have 100 points initially and the starter kits take maybe 30, but then you put a scope on your rifle that adds 15 points: you're now at 45/100). there are also space battles that are a bit wonky but still enjoyable.

it's a good game for people who are a little tired of people but still love planetside 2.

still early access, lots of potential to grow and if it doesnt its still a solid little battlefield game, and i enjoy it better than the bit of battlefront 2 i played at a friends.

protip: if you're leading a squad of bots, remember to issue orders using c, otherwise they just freelance and if you order them to freelance when the commander gives you an order, they'll autotarget that objective and operate independently.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2017, 06:49:41 am »

Deep Sky Derelicts is in very early access, but I bought it and really like what it already is.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/698640/Deep_Sky_Derelicts/

It's a kind of 'Darkest Dungeon' with deck building.
I.e. your equipment (and equipment modifications) gives action cards to use in the battles, and this customization of your squad works very well.

Pictures (nice comix style):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2017, 03:05:16 pm »

I guess this is where I would put this?  Some dude's LP of "Shin Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun: Kunio-tachi no Banka", which is game from the SNES era from the series that River City Ransom came from.

I randomly had a dream of a boss from this slam me through a wall a while back and went to go look it up.  It's a cute little brawler with some pretty good music.  Good times.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 03:15:17 pm by Farce »

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2017, 06:56:59 pm »

Yes, we have been blessed with many great construction games recently, but Stationeer have got a deep hook in me even it it's current early stage.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/544550/

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grayduster has an excellent walkthrough on youtube, and if that doesn't give you appetite for spending hours on what would take seconds in other games, then this is probably just not something for you.  :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su1t-yqhrQs&list=PL1O9Dza23T3RTsfJO4CYEkWz9kq6_2u1D

It remains to be seen if the developer can put a game into this simulation, but I'm impressed with the quality already available.
(And yes, - the way you have to juggle your two hand slots is controversial, but it quickly stops being a problem.)
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2018, 12:38:53 pm »

After the huge success of yesterday's NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 12, the maker of Fire Pro World secured a collaboration with the NJPW promotion that will certainly contribute to boost their sales :
https://www.njpw1972.com/19722

Looks like the game will recieve the whole NJPW roster officially and feature new game modes like a story mode involving the various events that happened in that promotion in the years.
No idea though if this will be part of the default game or if it's going to take the format of a commercial dlc
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 12:41:48 pm by Robsoie »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2018, 01:40:08 pm »

Apparently World of Mixed Martial Arts 5(WMMA5) from GreyDogSoftware is releasing around the end of this month. 

The demo for it is already out if you have any interest.  Plus a few patches for the demo. 
Demo is limited to 2 months in-game time, but you can freely transfer the save to the full game.  Demo is basically open beta right now.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2018, 04:45:25 pm »

Freeman Guerrilla Warfare is this odd arma/mount and blade combo that i find myself fascinated with. it's early access but its damn fun so far. kinda repetitive but then so is mount and blade.

its 20% off right now on steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/773951/Freeman_Guerrilla_Warfare/
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2018, 04:49:05 pm »

Freeman sounds interesting.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2018, 06:02:17 pm »

Freeman sounds interesting.

it is. before i continue i want to append my initial impression to include the STALKER series.
depending on your preferences on early access, i could recommend it on sale. im already leading 40 armed volunteers (independent of the factions militiamen) and i find myself planning waypoint patrol patterns to find and engage the enemy while i wander around and bolster the squad that hits first contact. i then crouch and let them get on with it while i order the other squads to the battle.

its also rather hardcore; you can get put down easy if you're hit with rifles out of cover. you have to worry about restocking ammo between battles; it doesn't autofill after each battle like in m&b. your ai and the enemy both have aimbot levels of awareness. you start the game with some clothes and a marakov with a few magazines.

but the game is forgiving on one point; your squads have infinite ammo and decent starting gear. also volunteer militia guys start with semi auto hunting rifles and are dirt cheap, they're more than a match for the starting looters.

it is new, but they have released some patches. i applaud the idea heartily. i don't think ive seen anyone try to make a mount and blade singleplayer campaign clone.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2018, 09:32:30 pm »

Decided to grab it. It's actually pretty good so far. It's probably going to get boring and repetitive at some point, much like M&B did.

Things I want to see:
  • Vehicles. Up to and including tanks. The devs had said they're considering at least light vehicles.
  • Larger squad sizes. 5 men isn't really a full rifle squad.
  • Less randomness. Start positions and red-zones are randomly placed, as are enemy spawn points. My second battle, my start point was right in the red-zone, and the enemy was behind us.
  • Better trooper AI. During one battle, I see one guy sort of shuffle a long distance away from the rest of his squad during combat. Lucky he wasn't killed.
  • Mods. Seriously, mods are what made M&B great. Devs are at least considering Steam Workshop support.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2018, 03:19:36 am »

> your ai and the enemy both have aimbot levels of awareness

can you expand upon that? I hated hated hated how arma implemented visibility, specially in forest close quarter combat was a mess as bush etc provided zero concealment against the ai while still blocking 100% of the player view.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2018, 08:27:09 am »

Its not quite like that but really close. Concealment works until you are spotted then they track you through hills and trees. The ai starts doing that the moment they see each other.
Also, bushes act as hard cover and stops bullets. Hey, its early access.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:36:34 am by JimboM12 »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 167