Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 167

Author Topic: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.  (Read 295052 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2018, 12:54:31 pm »

Got it too. I think it's too early for most people, but M&B+Arma is an awesome concept. They have a good foundation, hope they push on.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2018, 08:31:07 am »

This probably does deserve its own thread but I don't think I'm the right person to manage it.

Eco was released yesterday. I'm trying not to buy it.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2018, 08:53:45 am »

This probably does deserve its own thread but I don't think I'm the right person to manage it.

Eco was released yesterday. I'm trying not to buy it.
Everyone on Steam is raging about unability to play in singleplayer, then about disappearance of main menu after patch that was supposed to fix this.
 ::) 1. It's just temporary bugs.
 ::) 2. It's quite monstrous bugs indeed.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2018, 08:59:26 am »

People rage about everything. It's enough to make me glad my game projects have never gone anywhere, or I'd have to deal with it too.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 01, 2018, 07:56:24 pm »

Meteor 60 Seconds!

You have 60 seconds before a meteor destroys everything. What will you do? Kiss a dog? Punch a kid? Steal a rocket ship? Or just wait for it all to end?

The game is free, it's short, small download size, and comes with a twist ending. Play now!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2018, 10:47:23 am »

So you know how there isn't really any great RTS games coming out (or have come out in the past, oh 2-3 years)?

Here's one that might be good: Iron Harvest

Kickstarter campaign just started today and they're a third of the way there. Stretch goals are more stuff and multiplayer/coop but I'm not that interested in those, gimme a good singleplayer and I'm a happy camper. And this looks rather promising as far as the setting and cool stuff go.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2018, 10:31:53 pm »

I'm digging Iron Harvest, though I'm not sure if I want to back it. I don't do a whole lot of RTSes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2018, 08:20:57 pm »

i took another trip to the deep steam mines and found a potential gem:

Stay Alive: Apocalypse

http://store.steampowered.com/app/622420/Stay_Alive_Apocalypse/

it's another zombie survival game but with npcs you can work with! it's got this weird indepth cooking mechanic as well.

apparently you can have a spouse.

i only just bought it, i'll let ya know how it is after i play it a bit. first impressions so far is a bit like 7 days to die in cell shading.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2018, 10:57:59 pm »

At a glance that looks like your average mash of unity store assets molded into the vague shape of a zombie survival game. Apparently it functions on a basic level as a game according to reviews, so that points towards that initial assessment being a bit uncharitable. Still seems optimistic to buy and play it, though. :P
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2018, 02:56:25 am »

Through the Ages
is now on Steam.  :D  :D
This digital version of one of the best boardgames ever came out for pads and phones some months ago but has now been ported well.
It’s hard to describe. It’s a competition game where you produce two kinds of resources and have two kinds of action points. So you try to get more action points and resources, but that takes actions and resources, so there is never enough to everything you want, - but at least your opponents are in the same situation.

I have enjoyed discovering the many small design decisions that indicates that this game has been made by people loving the original game. E.g. it will keep track of cards future event cards you have played and tell if you can deduce what will happen.

The AI doesn’t cheat, but it plays very well. I’ve only had two games yet, where one was lost to a beginner AI. (I’m currently being decimated by two medium AIs). It can be played quite fast with a full game in about 1½ hour.
To give us limited humans a change the game do give you warnings if you are about to end your turn while there is something you may have forgotten (e.g. Ocean liner service), and there is an undo functionality that let you roll back your action phase.

Two of my friends have had good experience with the asynchronous multiplayer, where the rules have been tweaked slightly (the auction for colonies has been replaced with a onetime bid, - highest wins).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/758370/Through_the_Ages/
It even has a significant launch discount 16EUR -> 10EUR until April 2.

My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2018, 12:57:04 pm »

Another game that probably could use its own thread eventually, PixARK. Shared it with some coworkers who like Ark. Their response:

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2018, 02:24:37 pm »

Through the Ages
is now on Steam.  :D  :D

If you like digital boardgames then this game is fantastic. I have it on android and I love it. I have never played the physical version but I'd love to try it.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2018, 04:55:03 am »

WAR OF THE ZOMBIE

X-COM in zombie infested world. I'm surprised how no one has done this before. Amazing idea, mediocre craftsmanship (quite polished, but not on QOL things - reason in next sentence). The HUUUGE glaring issue is that it was meant for mobile devices. Haven't played mobile version but it must be impossible to control 4 soldiers in real time without active pause. It's annoying even with keyboard and mouse on PC without configurable keybinds and stupid defaults. Overpriced for what it is.
Now I'm waiting for someone to pick up an idea and make a proper PC game out of it.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2018, 05:18:42 am »

The strategy screen is Xcom like, but that seems to be about where the similarities end...
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 167