Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167]

Author Topic: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.  (Read 295651 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.
« Reply #2490 on: April 10, 2024, 04:06:34 pm »

The Planet Crafter has released version 1.0.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: April 26, 2024, 01:42:23 am »

Been playing a lot of games lately, in very short bursts.

Nioh is absolutely great and far more my style of game than Dark Souls is. It's just fast Dark Souls, which more customization. It honestly buckles under all the mechanics it introduces, but whatever - it plays amazing.

Battletech is also very good. Gameplay, customization, and story, all are satisfying. I've had a lot of fun just taking jobs to blow away caravans or stomp all over some pirates.

Balatro is hyped beyond belief and yes, it is very good.

I've been playing We Love Katamari, the remaster, with my daughter - it's great, love reliving my childhood games with my kid.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: April 26, 2024, 09:40:56 pm »

So manor lords came out and it great, great at being a medieval manor manager.

Not great at battles or people management, but a good city builder. 
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: April 28, 2024, 02:04:59 pm »

Any more opinions on manor lords? Similarities to other games?
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: Today at 09:58:20 am »

I watched a couple hours of it by Legend of Total War.

No disrespect to the Manor Lord devs but....the game looks wildly over-hyped. I'm a little shocked how much coverage it has gotten, front page of Steam, a lot of other things. It reminds me of Tropico with fewer options. The production chains aren't super lengthy, there's no sim management of any kind, warfare is very barebones....

It gets the aesthetic just right, and the early game of course looks enticing as you build up. But once you've formed a stable village there just doesn't seem to be that much else interesting going on.

Compared to that OTHER 4x game that came out where your civilization goes from tribal to space age, Manor Lords looks like it needs another year of development.

I mean, last I saw a couple weeks ago, you couldn't even conqueror the other factions on the map.

So my take is "good game that they're launching too early into EA for it to be a complete experience."
« Last Edit: Today at 10:02:51 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167]