Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 167

Author Topic: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.  (Read 292882 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.
« Reply #255 on: February 22, 2019, 01:53:08 pm »

EDIT: Oh right, reckon this sort should be in the recommend me a game thread.
I know, I just managed to get confused partway through typing up the post and legitimately thought that I was in the other thread.

In other news, there's an upcoming RTS game on Steam called Taste of Power, and it... Well, I think they do the best job of explaining the game themselves.

From the store page/trailer:
Taste of Power is a RTS game about the world of alternative medieval.
Nowadays Taste of Power is in the early access.
RAISE REBELLION

ENGINEERING CONSTRUCTION

LEARN TECHNOLOGY

LEAD THE TRADE

AND FEEL THE DYNAMICS OF THE SMART ACTION

I suppose it's bad to judge a title purely on the quality of its Engrish, but the demo download button doesn't appear to be working and I'm not quite brave enough to shell out the time and money necessary for the Nowadays version.

Traditional RTS market has been... Kinda dry the last few years. Homeless man not also decisions, I guess.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 25, 2019, 06:31:49 pm »

Its not out yet, but Hytale is looking pretty promising.  Its a Minecraft style game by some group that apparently hosts a lot of custom minecraft servers.  I think it looks like it might end up being really great.   Trailer.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sounds like it'll be pretty customizable and scriptable too.  No release date or payment model info yet unfortunately.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 25, 2019, 09:07:44 pm »

It's just too bad it looks like Minecraft.

*ducks*
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 26, 2019, 03:18:44 am »

Anyone else miss the Army Men franchise?

I always felt the field of toy gaming could use more asymmetry-- like 12" classic GI Joe vs 2" Army Men, as opposed to everybody being approximately the same size. His machine gun rounds are the size of your head-- and good luck getting out of range from a rocket launcher explosion...
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #260 on: February 27, 2019, 11:10:51 am »

Anyone else miss the Army Men franchise?

I always felt the field of toy gaming could use more asymmetry-- like 12" classic GI Joe vs 2" Army Men, as opposed to everybody being approximately the same size. His machine gun rounds are the size of your head-- and good luck getting out of range from a rocket launcher explosion...
That's a really good idea, toys really do suit the idea of asymmetry because... Well... They're all so different!

(I just remembered that I made some kind of toys war ISG back in the day, good god)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 27, 2019, 11:46:21 am »

Army Men was probably the best rental value I ever got, back in the days when you still rented video games from physical stores.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 27, 2019, 06:13:18 pm »

"Hey guys, y'know that game?"

"Which one?"

"What if we made, like, a more complex version of that?"

"...what?"

And thus, UBOAT was born!

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 06, 2019, 02:00:39 pm »

I played through the original Kane and Lynch.  It's around a 7/10.  Not a bad game but undeserving of the massive marketing campaign they had back in the day.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 07, 2019, 03:11:17 pm »

Doesn't deserve its own thread yet, but I bet there'll be one soon for Satisfactory. Basically 3d Factorio, if you absolutely must have a trite description.

Got an email saying that I've got a key waiting for the weekend event. So I guess I'll be doing that tomorrow after work.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 07, 2019, 03:37:32 pm »

Doesn't deserve its own thread yet, but I bet there'll be one soon for Satisfactory. Basically 3d Factorio, if you absolutely must have a trite description.

Got an email saying that I've got a key waiting for the weekend event. So I guess I'll be doing that tomorrow after work.
Ooh, I've been eyeing that one - definitely create a thread and post your impressions when you get a chance to play.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 07, 2019, 03:51:16 pm »

Ooh, I've been eyeing that one - definitely create a thread and post your impressions when you get a chance to play.

definitely, that game is on my watchlist, didn't know it was closing on alphas.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #267 on: March 07, 2019, 11:48:39 pm »

if you absolutely must have a trite description.
Isn't that the whole point of this thread?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 08, 2019, 03:07:15 am »

Looking at the store page, the game, My Time at Portia, leaves Early Access in three days, and the price will subsequently increase by 50%.
I obviously haven't checked this thread in a long while, but I get the feeling something rather strange happened to this link.  :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 08, 2019, 06:37:57 am »

Never heard of Satisfactory before. Very interesting. Art style kind of reminds me of Subnautica, very polished, at least what we see in the trailer.

I'm somewhat concerned that although it looks very good and has a good concept, that the control scheme might be shit. Eco has this problem right now (both in terrain destruction and in placing building blocks), Subnautica had a bit of it but it was excusable because building wasn't freeform or a major aspect of the gameplay (important and extensible, but it was largely to support exploration).

Is it still possible to get into a free alpha/beta/demo etc? I'd rather not drop $30 on it just to find out I can't handle the controls.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 167