Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 167

Author Topic: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.  (Read 292156 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.
« Reply #420 on: September 04, 2019, 07:55:59 am »

Renegade Petruska Deadly killed Clear Sky Artyom Nasty at Old Church.

Petruska Deadly: "Checked his pockets, he had a book of matches. I ain't even mad."

about the game itself tho; the damage is a bit crazy, but armor is very very important this go around. i was lucky enough to find a very damaged suit of CS-1 armor and a sphere 12 helmet off a dead fellow clear sky. its so damaged it provides less protection than my minorly used leather jacket but its an investment for the future. im playing it on medium (stalker i think) difficulty with easy progression difficulty which influences your drops and overall income. it feels like a good balance, i can take small groups of renegades with a salvaged AK74 i found off a dead renegade but if i see heavier armor when i scout a base at a distance, i run away. income compared to call of pripyat is much much lower due to me not knowing where to look for anomalies and artefacts.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 04, 2019, 08:49:55 am »

i was lucky enough to find a very damaged suit of CS-1 armor and a sphere 12 helmet off a dead fellow clear sky.

Wa..wait you can loot armor from those that you kill or did you just found them in one of the "corpse" stashes? By the Wish Granter please tell me it's the former

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 04, 2019, 08:51:28 am »

Yes. Baddies drop damaged armor.

I carefully sniped the shit out of the military bozos at the Cordon side of the Garbage checkpoint, and they had some broken, but useful stuff.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 04, 2019, 09:05:23 am »

That's it! I'm going back to the Zone.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 05, 2019, 12:12:08 am »

so, at tourist level progression (basically economy difficulty) its wayyyyy better to do your faction quests and random jobs to earn than try hunting artifacts but i am still in the swamps helping my clear sky bros out, so the area artifacts are basically trinkets due to how far out we are from the npp. after using a scavenged ak and worn out c3-a armor, i finally earned enough to repair the armor and replaced the broken ass ak with a sawn off over-under shotgun. i can now reliably take out bandit camps and hunt mutant nests and im building an actual kit. feels good to be back in the zone.

for real, if you liked the earlier stalker games, try anomaly, its hardcore and fun.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 05, 2019, 02:59:36 am »

Man.. I'm still downloading..

I've been reading on Anomaly's F.A.Q.
1) There are some references to the Call of Chernobyl mod, are the two mods related? I used to sink a lot of hours in CoC but I lost my interest some time after it's development was put on hiatus.
2) I just hope my pc can handle Anomaly, they said about it needing ~8-12gb ram :( :(

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 05, 2019, 03:15:16 am »

You need all three parts of the base archive-- then add the update 1, then the hotpatch 2 3.

There were some AI fixes and such that might be no fun to play without. (Apparently, the active stalkers turn braindead after an emission because they do not take shelter without the patch.) Also apparently fixes some crashiness. I wonder if it fixes the crashiness I experienced using DX10 renderer during an emission... I should find out.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 03:18:20 am by wierd »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 05, 2019, 04:09:42 am »

So the videogame adaptation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 has the weirdest twist ever.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 05, 2019, 06:28:36 am »

So my first impressions on stalker anomaly, playing at medium difficulty + scavenger progression.

1) holy shit, I need to get some decent armor. Pretty much everything can one shot me right now. Surprisingly the traditionaly useless makarov proved to be quite decent against a couple of bandits, although it did jammed a couple of times.
2) economy seems to be Misery tier, but the one job I’ve done so far payed well.
3) I really like the start menu, that allows you to choose your starting  equipment. I’m not sure if I had the choice but I should really have gotten a pair of binoculars.
4) I really need to tweak the visuals. Everything is.. I don’t know how to describe it.. too muted? There is so much on the screen and at such colors that I find it very tiring to look at. I ve died at least 3 times to some anomalies because I simply couldn’t see them.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 05, 2019, 06:47:02 am »

Yeah, it's oldschool video game levels of hard.  You have to be super damn cautious.

Looking for areas that mutants cannot easily path in, but you can get to, is very useful.  Especially with house cats.  damn.. Those cats are super deadly.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 05, 2019, 07:36:17 am »

animals are rather unbalanced. i got a quick swipe from a psydog and it knocked 12% condition off my armor and a third of my health. egad. but human combat feels balanced: its shoot first, win. i noticed i can easily ambush a 3 man squad of renegades in leather with my shotgun and pistol but one in better armor required 3 or so shots at medium distance with my sawn off. of course, even with my c3 armor, i cant take much more than a few pistol shots which is a massive improvement over the 1 or 2 i could take in my leather jacket.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 05, 2019, 08:03:03 am »

Should we start a dedicated thread? JimboM12 went ahead and made a dedicated thread.

animals are rather unbalanced. i got a quick swipe from a psydog and it knocked 12% condition off my armor and a third of my health.

That's unfortunate :(  My go to approach on most mutants was to jump into melee with them, otherwise I would just spent all my ammo trying and failing to hit them.

Spoiler: minor info on stashes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 08:52:36 am by Ulfarr »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #432 on: September 05, 2019, 09:32:47 am »

My philosophy has always been that if they weren't meant to be looted then they wouldn't be lootable, or there would be some consequence to doing so.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 05, 2019, 10:01:13 am »

Well yes. But there is a difference between stumbling along such a loot and going out of your way to climb a building like a monkey because you remember there is a stash there from your previous runs. I guess it's somewhat unavoidable after having played the game for so long.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 06, 2019, 06:37:48 am »

... what about going out of your way to climb the building like a monkey because you're trying to loot everything to the ground? Some of us do that, y'know. I once cleaned out morrowind's starting town in its entirety. Stole and sold literally everything that wasn't in a NPC's inventory (and some things that were, iirc. Think you had to murder some people to get at everything...). It's good to know there's a stalker equivalent :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 167