Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 167

Author Topic: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.  (Read 295302 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.
« Reply #495 on: November 06, 2019, 09:31:53 am »

So the interface still drives me mad. But considering I don't travel with a mouse and using a touchpad is generally a prelude to failure, a pure keyboard interface works out perfectly fine here. But enough about that.

Touchpads are designed to make you miss the old IBM clitmouse (for the uninitiated: the small red button in the middle of the keyboard that used to function as a laptop mouse).

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 06, 2019, 09:37:24 am »

Fun fact: "mouse" (mus) is swedish slang for vagina
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 06, 2019, 09:45:44 am »

So the interface still drives me mad. But considering I don't travel with a mouse and using a touchpad is generally a prelude to failure, a pure keyboard interface works out perfectly fine here. But enough about that.

Touchpads are designed to make you miss the old IBM clitmouse (for the uninitiated: the small red button in the middle of the keyboard that used to function as a laptop mouse).

Touchpad actually came out before the trackpointer.
The predecessor to both was the trackball. (which I hate with a passion hotter than a class 2A supernova.)

As for my solution to needing a mouse; I bought some adhesive velcro.  It comes both in nice fat rectangles several inches both directions-- and as small little round pads.  I put a big hefty square on the back of the laptop lid (hook side of velcro), and put the little pads on the slide-skids on the mouse's bottom (fuzzy side of velcro).  I can then just velcro the mouse to the top of the laptop, and put it in the carry case. Stays put until I need it.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 06, 2019, 09:59:37 am »

Moons of Madness is a fucking trip and you should maybe look at it if you're into eldritch horror. It pretty much jumps in feet first.

That is all.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 06, 2019, 03:32:33 pm »

On not wasting consumables: Remember how paranoid you were when just starting Darkest Dungeon, and you'd go in with twenty torches, forty rations, and a howitzer... for a stroll around the block? And by the end of it, you go into your dungeons with four rations (just in case some idiot didn't eat before showing up and got hungry two steps in...) and an extinguished torch for better loot?

My main problem with DD was that coming back from a trip packed with spare torches and one-use shovels, you'd look at all your kit and just go "Yep, never gonna use THIS again!" and hurl all that perfectly good equipment into the metaphysical void.

I'd played games before where being equipped to handle eventualities was actually a good idea, with the caveat that you needed to manage the extra weight and space allotment. And I guess I wanted more of that.

Oh sure, and it works in some games, and even some situations in DD... Mistover actually treats it fairly well, in my opinion: Thematically, you're basically wandering around in zones covered in corrupting mist, so, quite reasonably, the stuff you're carrying will end up tainted by the mist. Any leftover perishables will degen into a corrupted state and act at something like 1/4th potency. After that, they don't get any worse. They do, however, take the same amount of inventory space (of which you have 30 at the onset), so if you're taking a lot of this stuff, you may run out of space. (But, small mercy that I've seen unavailable in other games: You can use items to free up space once the overburdened dialogue pops up, instead of being forced to throw them out.)

As for my solution to needing a mouse; I bought some adhesive velcro.  It comes both in nice fat rectangles several inches both directions-- and as small little round pads.  I put a big hefty square on the back of the laptop lid (hook side of velcro), and put the little pads on the slide-skids on the mouse's bottom (fuzzy side of velcro).  I can then just velcro the mouse to the top of the laptop, and put it in the carry case. Stays put until I need it.

Unfortunately, this doesn't solve my personal problem of a mouse taking a fairly large chunk of room in a fairly limited sized bag (Ever spend a week living out of a messenger bag? International lost luggage is fun. I made it home a month before my luggage did, once.) And travel mice are... just... ugh. On the bright side, I seem to have developed an unhealthy fascination with Clicker Heroes (again) of late, so that solves all interface problems. *stares hypnotically at growing numbers*
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 06, 2019, 09:56:55 pm »

Skatebird (a game coming out next year about birds skateboarding around different rooms in their owner's apartment and office) released a beta of their character creator that will eventually allow importing characters into the main game.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 07, 2019, 02:34:26 am »

Unfortunately, this doesn't solve my personal problem of a mouse taking a fairly large chunk of room in a fairly limited sized bag (Ever spend a week living out of a messenger bag? International lost luggage is fun. I made it home a month before my luggage did, once.) And travel mice are... just... ugh. On the bright side, I seem to have developed an unhealthy fascination with Clicker Heroes (again) of late, so that solves all interface problems. *stares hypnotically at growing numbers*

Behold, the logitech mini mouse.

I have two of these. They are much better for messenger bags.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 07, 2019, 03:38:09 am »

So, back when I played skyrim (I don't have the mod anymore), I made a rock mod

You ask, a rock mod? just a dumb boring rock re-texture? NO! It was amazing

An actual rock race. Not rock the actor. But a rock you find outside, a stone, a pebble, a boulder.

So here I am, not able to equip weapons or armor or cast spells or do anything at all. All I could do was float around and talk to people. Strangely no one in skyrim thought a sentient rock was strange at all. And bandits were still bandits. The best thing that ever happened while I was a rock...

"Stop! This is a toll road, see? Pay up or else!"

But a rock has no inventory or money. how would a rock be able to pay a toll if they can't even wear a bag? So I said I had no money because I am a rock of course I have no money, so the bandit got angry at a rock and chased me from whiterun all the way to solitude. The solitude guards did not appreciate a rock and chased me too. But as a magical sentient rock I had 999,999,999 hp so I couldnt really be killed. Plus my magic rock could absorb other magic rocks so I was always at 999,999,999 hp

Then I broke the game by every single npc duking it out and my pc died (literally skyrim killed my pc so I had to downgrade to my old pc that I still haven't been able to afford to upgrade lol)

But no custom race in skyrim will ever be good as a sentient rock.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 07, 2019, 09:14:02 am »

The rock story reminds me that I read Soma, a horror survival game, has a peaceful mode where monsters just go about their business without caring about the player.

I don't know who thought that was a good idea, but they're right.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 13, 2019, 10:31:56 pm »

after more than a year or so Dark Age of Camelot as finally transitioned to a F2P system. you can find the info about the restrictions for free players compared to subscription in the official site.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 14, 2019, 10:49:02 am »

*raises finger* wasn't dark age of camelot from like the 90s or early 00s? I mean, it'd still be more than a year, but.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 14, 2019, 11:32:07 am »

DaoC has been around since 2001, but the free mode was only announced in 2017.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 14, 2019, 12:16:45 pm »

Fucking finally.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 15, 2019, 06:52:01 am »

Dunno if anyone here plays Onward on VR, but if so, hit me up.

Onward is a milsim-style (bit more gamey) VR shooter focusing on squad vs squad infantry combat. Maximum enjoyment is to be obtained by selecting an RPG, molotov, and running into enemy lines, bursting into flames when you die.

Now with community maps!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 15, 2019, 11:21:14 am »

Rogue Legend 2, some goon's self-described Harvest Moon meets Zelda meets Recettear meets building meets roguelike game. It's neat. The body customization results in weirdness, to put it lightly.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 167