Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 167

Author Topic: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.  (Read 295269 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.
« Reply #765 on: May 07, 2020, 01:14:21 pm »

I remember hearing something about that before, but must have forgotten. Neat.

From the most recent release notes on Caramel's Github page:
Performance now gives weaponized singing in combat. LISTEN TO MY SONG
Yeah, given the macross influence and the existence of the performance skill at all, it was bound to happen sometime or another. Good to hear that's coming along, tho'. Gearhead's always been pretty great.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 07, 2020, 04:13:14 pm »

This may interest some people here.

As you know browsers have been moving away from adobe flash and enabling flash support in your favorite browser is certainly going to be impossible at some point, if not already.

Some people decided to create an open source project to preserve all the truckloads of flash games and animations that were so numerous around the internet some years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrU6RJbeKfo

Project Flashpoint :
https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/
Since early 2018, over a hundred contributors have helped Flashpoint save more than 49,000 games and 3,600 animations running on 16 different platforms.

The download comes in 2 versions, the one that is 1.7gb and will download the game content for the games you're wanting to play (and so will inflate the 1.7gb of course the more different games you'll play) and the one that is ... 330gb but has absolutely everything (so no need for any content download).

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 07, 2020, 04:33:27 pm »

This may interest some people here.

As you know browsers have been moving away from adobe flash and enabling flash support in your favorite browser is certainly going to be impossible at some point, if not already.

Some people decided to create an open source project to preserve all the truckloads of flash games and animations that were so numerous around the internet some years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrU6RJbeKfo

Project Flashpoint :
https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/
Since early 2018, over a hundred contributors have helped Flashpoint save more than 49,000 games and 3,600 animations running on 16 different platforms.

The download comes in 2 versions, the one that is 1.7gb and will download the game content for the games you're wanting to play (and so will inflate the 1.7gb of course the more different games you'll play) and the one that is ... 330gb but has absolutely everything (so no need for any content download).

Mmm. HeliAttack. Amorphous+. Elona Shooter (and the poor dev's comments when he realized his side project had literally like ten times the hits in a month than Elona did after years). Darkest Days. Starwish. All those freakin' escape rooms. I need to go back and check my Kongregate profile... I don't think I've touched it in over five years.

I have to say though... 300gb isn't that big for a flash game archive. I was freeing up space on one of my backup drives the other day and found a backup copy of a friend's ebook collection. It was 65gb of text. And only covered genres he was interested in.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 07, 2020, 04:53:18 pm »

Amorphous+ might still be one of my favorite games, ever.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 07, 2020, 05:32:42 pm »

A few of the really very good flash effort i remember were :
Sierra 7 , a surprisingly very good tactical shooter despite the limitations of flash , very interesting one.
Gemcraft, that had several sequels too, a tower defense that got a lot of popularity at the time with the gem mixing system.

a bunch of zombie themed ones that were actually quite good :
Road of the Dead (there was 2 or 3 of those) was a really good arcade driving through a city progressively invaded by zombies, the sound and radio effects really made atmospheric.
Kingdom Rush (i think there have been several of them too, without counting clones like the good Incursion ) some original variation of the tower defense system.
Rebuild 2 that was about colony turn based management during a zombie apocalypse, i believe its success lead to a standalone game later.
Shattered Colony , real time colony management in zombie cities too, this one was really good and could get insanely hard in some city layout.
Last Stand, there were 3 or 4 of them, in which you defended your hideouts from waves of zombies, exploring, recruiting rearming etc... between waves, trying to reach an evac city.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 08, 2020, 08:51:02 am »

The fourth Last Stand was more like an app and was nothing like the first three, I wasn't as found of it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 09, 2020, 03:00:13 pm »

Shadows Behind the Throne 2 is a fine follow up to Shadows Behind the throne and maintains the spirit of "what if someone actually made That Which Sleeps." At this stage it's pretty buggy, most of games have ended with an error ruining the save, but you can do some cool stuff that will be cooler if it ever becomes more user friendly and a bit more fleshed out.

My last victory involved enthralling a well liked minor noble and promoting economic squabbling and factionalism to prevent the largest and most capable empire from addressing the malevolent flesh carpet slowly devouring the world.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 09, 2020, 04:06:21 pm »

Oh yeeaaaah, That Which Sleeps... I'd almost forgotten about that. Heh.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 09, 2020, 04:34:56 pm »

I wouldn't be so lazy at maintaining a thread i would have created one just for this "Songs of Syx" game because it really deserves a lot more attention than in this one.
It's from like last month, but I'm finally checking this thing out, and. I have a question, if anyone else is playing or has played it.

Am I missing something, or do you actually need stupidly huge libraries to do tech research? 'Cause, like. A 21x25 library plus a 6x15 (which, between the two, take up most of the screen at default resolution et al settings), filled as filled as filled can get with tables and shelves and whatnot, netted me enough knowledge to get. One. Tech researched. Just one. I can't tell if I'm missing something or if you really do need a library the size of like half the entire map to do much tech advancing.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 04:40:28 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 09, 2020, 04:55:18 pm »

Dunno, I only just recently realized you could resize room objects to be more space-efficient. I was also messing around on the tutorial map since I figured no one would attack, and then after the first raid I've started trying to figure out how soldiering works.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 09, 2020, 05:15:48 pm »

I've proper murdered one raid so far! And improperly murdered one before that, losing like half my population in the process :P Past the point of starvation being a significant issue, in any case (2.9 years worth with 470 pop, heh). Now building a library that's taking 2.8k wood, 3.5k furniture, and 5.6k fabric. I'd say it's excessive, but if I'm reading it right it's like... maybe getting to one end-tree tech. Maybe.

Still can't seem to figure out how to convince my soldiers to wear armor (or clothes, for that matter), but I do seem to have convinced them to train, so it's somethin'.

Neat little tech demo, in any case.

E: Muster! Apparently they don't put on equipment until you hit the muster button. Seems okay to do that right after the ransom demand comes in. Fight goes a lot better when you got your dudes formed up and wearing something besides sky, oddly enough :V

Still haven't figured out to get any of these critters to wear pants, though. They'll pick up battle gear, but clothes? They don't seem to understand clothes.

E2: Woo, crashed it! Be careful tearing down the throne room, apparently.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 07:01:26 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 09, 2020, 07:01:56 pm »

From what i played of the old prototype, you indeed needed very large library to generate enough research to be able to get a tech.

Oh, and i discovered why i lost my city in one of the invasions i got. While my army had tons of battlegear sitting in the several warehouse, unlike what i thought  they never equip it automatically when you call them to war.
So my army went at war against several enemy divisions without any kind of weapons and protection.

It worked on my first invasion as i was outnumbering the enemy a lot, but on the second one in which i only had a slight number advantage going at war naked didn't worked and my troops were annihilated :D

Anyways, you need to click on the sword icon on the top left of the game window

Then once the list of all your divisions appear, notice (it's rather very small fonts so very easy to miss) there's a "battlegear" with + and - buttons to assign battlegears to a specific division.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 07:52:58 pm by Robsoie »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 09, 2020, 07:35:47 pm »

That's also where you insist they train more than two seconds! Just hit the plus besides training until you can't anymore. It's a helpful menu, shame it's buried, heh. Though I didn't even think to tell them to wear more battlegear. I just took that to one. Seemed to work out well enough once I figured out how to convince them to put it on.

Mind, they still take all that stuff off once the battle's over, apparently, so, uh. Don't forget the muster button.

Still, any idea how to get your citizens to wear pants? It bothers me I have all these clothes and what seems to be a half a thousand population colony of nudists.
Ask not!
Ask!

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #778 on: May 09, 2020, 10:05:33 pm »

There are a lot of policies that can be set in the reputation menu.
From sets of clothing to ration amounts, baths, and more.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 10, 2020, 07:54:51 am »

... there's a reputation menu, huh.

Well, that explains some things lol

E: Haha, yeah, my population shot up from a soft cap of around 500 to a soft cap of around 800 when I told people they can wear clothes, take baths, and eat their more than one meal a day in the feast halls :P
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 09:10:25 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 167