Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 167

Author Topic: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.  (Read 295587 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.
« Reply #870 on: June 22, 2020, 09:46:15 am »

Going by the discussions there was something wrong with the camera that they're aware of, and they removed camera control while they fix it.
Shoes...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: June 22, 2020, 10:00:28 am »

That's a terrible choice to make for a demonstration I must say
Love, scriver~

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 23, 2020, 04:59:06 pm »

After playing a lot of the Total Annihilation Escalation mod, i started to check the other ones, and ran into Total Annihilation Zero.
http://zero.tauniverse.com/

And i was absolutely amazed by it, all the units have been remade visually (overall they look more "stylish"), and they have incredible animation (seeing your lowly kbots rushing enemy tanks while slashing them with their sword is something) , the explosions and other special effects are all much better than in the original.
There's even a 3rd faction but haven't yet played enough to test everything.

The AI is actually challenging in skirmish without the need of extra file, it's a really fantastic mod, must play for TA fans.

For those interested, here's an how to get TA Zero running on window 7/8/10 :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
if you're adventurous, you can try some of the beta of the next version for more new units and etc..
https://www.tauniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43734&page=12
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 05:04:55 pm by Robsoie »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 24, 2020, 08:48:40 am »

Beat TLOU2.  Giving a 3.5, maybe 4 of 5.  Good game, pretty good story, a lot of the complaints I've seen are mostly unfounded or based on weird misinterpretations of characters.

Shoes...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 24, 2020, 10:46:19 am »

Beat TLOU2.  Giving a 3.5, maybe 4 of 5.  Good game, pretty good story, a lot of the complaints I've seen are mostly unfounded or based on weird misinterpretations of characters.

I’ve only watched someone stream/YouTube the first few hours of the game, but yea, I agree with you there.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: June 25, 2020, 06:23:33 am »

Bought Persona 4 on steam recently. I like its style, except every single (animated, not in-engine) cutscene stutters randomly, complete with audio distortion. Tried changing settings, closing other programs, restarting my OS, nope. Leads to a lot of "well this would be a cool moment if I could see what's happening properly."

Other than that, I'm like 2 hours in and haven't yet made any meaningful decisions or experienced gameplay past fighting a couple weak enemies and a tutorial boss. But I expect that. That's normal, because this game is both a JRPG and a VN. ;P

[Press A to hear teenagers complain about being teenagers]
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 25, 2020, 07:38:18 am »

I'm playing Persona 5 now that TLOU2 is over.  Pretty interesting, went in mostly blind as far as themes go and find out it's some kind of gnostic kids-on-bikes, which is pretty lit.
Shoes...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 26, 2020, 12:15:10 pm »

Creeper World 4 has popped out a demo on Steam it seems. Has a handful of the intro missions and then some generated ones.

If you like the previous games, you'll pretty much like this one as well, more of the same with some new stuff like the factory and in 3d which is a pretty nice implementation that's just as readable as the 2d was. And hell even if you never played the previous ones, give it a try if you're into a pretty good take on tower defence with a twist.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 26, 2020, 02:00:09 pm »

Creeper World dude has a somewhat engaging YouTube channel chronicling his progress on 4, if anyone is curious.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbGtYZWsfRxVaXqXmtS1yuA
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 02:04:35 pm by Mephisto »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 26, 2020, 05:34:06 pm »

Out of some masohistic desire, i got Valkiria Chronicles 4 while knowing well what it is. Straight up deleted it on chapter 7 (or whenever those clowns are mock-fighting for fresh bread). Besides the expected and known idiocy of all things: Too. Damn. Easy. And it's not only way too easy, no. Devs show you that they can make it hard, they rub it in your face, and then immidiately destroy all semblance of "hard" before your eyes. So i went into that "Omaha beach" mission expecting something interesting for once. Normandy flashbacks, it's raining bullets! They even gave us an armored transporter so we can get footmen to the place where it does not rain bullets! Ah, nevermind, just a decoration. Well, if you actively try to get into "bullet's" way for half a minute, you get hit for 4 hp out of 150, the horror. Maybe the actual machine guns pose the threat? Nope, mortar will destroy everything and takes no pity. Why do we need a transporter, again?
  Fast forward few rounds, three tanks that are impenetrable from the front appear! Nope, you will not need to juggle your tank and lancers around, they are impenetrable only for this round. And on next you gain three of exact same tanks just nearby. Have fun. And what is the one and only danger on this mission? Lone scout that beelines for your flag. FUCK YOU. About the same stuff in first game, by the way.

And i just can't help but compare mortars in Men of War and mortars in VC4. Former:
Modest steel tube, is carried around by two men for a reason.
Hits like a truck, flying off a ridge.
Range: thoroughly unimpressive, but sufficient for what that is.
Precision: well, at max range, 5 out of those 24 shots will maybe hit something besides the ground.

Latter:
Humongous hunk of metal that is really supposed to weight half a ton, is carried around along with ammo by a slim girl (what's up with horns? And i know it's not even funny).
Hits like a truck, crashing trough the bridge.
Range: IIRC, almost on par with a snipe.
Precision: literally 10 times better than a snipe - unless debuffed, always hits the dot (in some rare cases, "the dot" may turn out to be a wee bit wider than it looks, but it's still precise enough to give garanteed headshots at max range).
It really looks like it wasn't supposed to be able to shot immidiately after moving, but they scrapped the idea at the last moment.
Because fuck game balance.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 05:41:20 pm by MCreeper »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 26, 2020, 07:22:48 pm »

- Agent 47 you are tasked to infiltrate this high security factory compound.
-- Ok.
- Agent 47 we recommend that you use an appropiate disguise to stay undetected.
-- No Problem.

Hitman Absolution

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 26, 2020, 08:09:22 pm »

I always wore the Winter Coat outfit from Hokkaido every time I went to Haven in Hitman 2.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 27, 2020, 04:54:44 am »

People said Absolution was the worst of the hitman games. But I don't know, from what I can see, it is clearly the best.
Love, scriver~

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 27, 2020, 05:09:58 am »

It's an odd case, because it's really the worst of the serie (though i never played the 2 most recent Hitman), but that does not mean the game is bad, because in fact it's very good (out of the story being rather stupid with stupid dialogues and stereotype characters and Agent 47 being an idiot most of the time in cutscene, who wrote that crap ...).

There's also some bad design choice that hurt the replay value (no ability to replay the missions with your own unlocked weapon/costume choice like in past Hitman, you can only replay with the default loadout, and the removal of the Contract mode instead of making it available offline too is beyond idiocy) but in the end some of the maps are very fun to replay .

« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 05:13:56 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 28, 2020, 07:42:27 am »

Learned about a Spring game named "Beyond All Reason"
https://www.beyondallreason.info/
Apparently it's the follow up on the various evolution of the Balanced Annihilation spring game, the goal being to have an actual modern Total Annihilation.

they explain on how to install on their discord server, i posted the how to install in the spoiler for those that can't be bothered with those discord things :
Not going to try myself until they'll have hopefully someday a way non-lobby/chobby based to install that game without those "registering an account" thing when you're only interested in AI skirmishes and have no interest in online play.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 167