Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 0.34 fiddling with ore clusters.  (Read 973 times)

blazing glory

0.34 fiddling with ore clusters.
« on: November 24, 2015, 07:10:34 pm »

Alright...say I wanted to make a material occur in semi-common clusters, in this case lignite or such (actually it's Anthracite from Masterwork), occurring in...two seperate layers and occuring in clusters of about 10, and generally appearing every 25 tiles, how would I go about that?

I've been fiddling with little bits of code from other materials but the closest I've got is making it appear in huge undesirable veins, I figure it'd be faster to ask instead of figuring out how to make it work properly.

The reason I'm asking is because Masterwork seems to have this huuuge problem of not really spawning fuel ores anywhere, seriously, I've checked with DFhack's reveal and some maps don't even have any at all, and the ones that do have these tiny tiny bits of 1 anthracite spread out way deep underground.

Although I'm asking here instead of there because the answer would apply to any material really.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: 0.34 fiddling with ore clusters.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 07:12:46 pm »

Clusters of about 10 aren't really possible, your choices for clusters are gigantic clusters of something like 40 or 50, clusters of 5-6 or clusters of 1

blazing glory

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 07:14:04 pm »

5'll do, suits Anthracite more anyway.

Also I'd prefer these clusters to occur in the Metamorphic layer and the Igneous intrusive layer.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:16:10 pm by blazing glory »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 07:17:22 pm »

The token to do that (ENVIRONMENT) is very simple and self-explanatory.

blazing glory

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 07:35:14 pm »

The token to do that (ENVIRONMENT) is very simple and self-explanatory.
Well it's not that self explanatory, like whatever the number afterwards meant (which is apparently how common it is or such.)

Anyway, I've mostly got it how I want it, thanks for the help.