Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: unusual military questions  (Read 641 times)

Goatmaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
unusual military questions
« on: November 26, 2015, 12:26:15 pm »

Ok, so I have a *very* large fort. I'm really tired of the make clothes /trade worn clothes b.s.
So the draft is on!! Some dwarfs will return to civilian status once trained,but most will be lifers.

Is there a known MAX # of squads?
Can I edit squad names WITHOUT totally renaming them? (Remove "the" add an (A) at the end and such?)
will dropped named weapons/shields be used by others? Can I melt them? Sell them?

I'm getting "slept without a proper room" thoughts. Armor stand barracks extends to beds. A bed has been made a barracks that covers the other 9. Both assigned to squad. Kinda stuck on this one.

I think that's all I need...oooh wait, 1 more!
If I give them individual choice melee...if they like swords will they choose that?
I have *way* too many to sort "by hand" even using dwarf therapist!!!
I'm just sorting youngest,checking skills. Ill sort the squads after they are trained.

Now I'm done. I think ;)

Goatmaan
My !!XXcpuXX!! *HATES* me.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: unusual military questions
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 12:54:46 pm »

Individual choice will cause the dorf to select the kind of weapon they like the best out of the ones available. Thus, it's safe to use even if you don't have all types. I don't think they'll switch type later, but since they'll upgrade when better gear is available, they might, provided they're still green enough with the type the currently use, but I wouldn't bet on that. That's the only one I (partially) know an answer to.

Goatmaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 02:22:37 pm »

Thanks Patrik, I was hoping (and thought) that was the case.

Will be neat to see how the rng gods work on weapon types!
Because looking at thoughts I have a lot of "tendency to beserk" kids, and they aren't getting weapons!!
If my fort wasn't so big id check the family trees, cuz I think several someone are s sleeping with their sister ;)

Goatmaan

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 04:02:40 pm »

Nah, my info is that siblings are off limits, but cousins are game, so I guess you have identical twins marrying identical twins, and their kids (probably identical twins) marry each other.

Goatmaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 11:31:05 am »

I've reviewed the under 60 y.o. dwarfs. 125 of them. 32 have the beserk/stark raving mad trait. My fort needs a psychiatrist!! Since I can't have one, the crazies are masons, everone else is now a miner. Or woodcutter. ;)
Got to keep the loonies on the path!
If they step off, stick a pick in their head. Or send it flying off in an arc!!

Theese odds don't bode well for the other 400.

Goatmaan