Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How to tell your doctor embarassing info?  (Read 3086 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to tell your doctor embarassing info?
« on: November 25, 2015, 07:19:48 am »

So I uhhh have an embarrassing condition (Explosive Diarrhea) and that is a bit too embarrassing to tell the doctor, but I should get it fixed...

Are there any alternatives? Like writing the doctor a letter?

Ps. No I don't actually have explosive Diarrhea

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to tell your doctor embarassing info?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 07:43:13 am »

You can be assured that they have heard it all. Plus there's probably some sort of doctor-patient confidentiality where you live so it's not like they can gossip around.

But if you just can't do it face to face, at least doctors around here have emails that one could send an email to if necessary.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 07:50:30 am »

You can be assured that they have heard it all. Plus there's probably some sort of doctor-patient confidentiality where you live so it's not like they can gossip around.

But if you just can't do it face to face, at least doctors around here have emails that one could send an email to if necessary.

My current family doctor SPECIFICALLY doesn't have email.

Though I am registering to a better medical service so they might.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 08:35:30 am »

Consider this: would you rather face potentially serious complications from not telling him/her than suffer a bit of embarrassment? You can't be treated if they don't know that you're suffering from something.

That being said, it doesn't even sound that embarrasing. Diarrhea is rather common I would think.

Also if you don't want information leaking don't write mails unless it is absolutedly necessary.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:37:57 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 10:11:14 am »

It's a doctor. They see a lot of shit, sometimes literally. You don't go through medical school and become a family doctor if you're afraid of diarrhea.

So just go see the damn doctor.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 07:45:05 pm »

They've heard it all, and more. Just tell him.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 08:02:25 pm »

I don't think doctors think in terms of embarassment, really. You have a potential medical problem, it's their job to do something about it, and frankly they probably poke at sphincters and genitals frequently enough that they don't have any problems with it any more.

So basically, unless you've been stashing stuffed toy animals in your rectum in order to hide them from jealous siblings, don't worry.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 08:06:27 pm »

Yeah, anybody who's been through residency has seen all the typical horrors, and anybody who's actually ran a practice for any appreciable length of time has probably seen things you both could not pronounce the scientific names of and would go pale at reading about. Doctors are essentially dead to caring about conventionally embarrassing things.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 10:31:25 pm »

Schedule a singing telegram to croon the details so you don't have to say them yourself?

Really, just tell him.  Practice in front of the mirror,  in different accents, and maybe you can find a phrasing that isn't so bad...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 07:56:49 am »

You're unlikely to find a doctor who hasn't already dealt with a patient with a condition which was more painful or embarrassing than yours, regardless of what your condition is. Their job is literally to be professional and detached in regard to medical conditions, and as others have said most practitioners will already be thoroughly desensitized.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 09:36:01 am »

Basically, it's his(her) job to hear about and deal with these sorts of things. Put your body first above your emotions and just tell him so he can get his job done.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 03:07:33 pm »

It's a doctor. They see a lot of shit, sometimes literally. You don't go through medical school and become a family doctor if you're afraid of diarrhea.

So just go see the damn doctor.

Ps. No I don't actually have explosive Diarrhea

They've seen the clap and e.d. too. And probably also tourette syndrome and butt cancer.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 03:12:52 pm »

You know... I think E.D would actually be LESS embarrassing.

Because with what I got... I'd have to "prove" it...

With E.D. the doctor would be like "ohhh, well... uhhh.. here you go"

>_< AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH >_<!!!

Heck Butt Cancer would be less embarrassing too... though definitely up there... Though I'd think I'd be getting a test for cancer and it would be butt cancer... not me going "Hey does my butt look cancerous to you?"

----

Wow... Actually when I think about what I'd have to do...

I am not sure how I'd ever do it...

I'd rather this been explosive diarrhea... HECK!!! I'd prefer this be such terrible explosive diarrhea that I'd have to go to the doctors in a full smelly diaper. This is several times more embarrassing then the time I went for my allergy test with pants that didn't fit right so they fell down so the doctor had to hold them up and pick them up several times walking me to the waiting room. (I am allergic to all dust mites and cat dander)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:21:16 pm by Neonivek »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 03:43:25 pm »

When you go to a doctor and are too embarrassed to say straight out what the problem is, the doctor isn't going "oh my goodness how awkward." They're going "SPIT IT OUT ALREADY. Did you jam something up your butt? Do you get an erection when someone hops on one foot in front of you? Tell me what the friggin problem is so we can deal with it." The only person at all concerned with it being embarrassing is you. They're just sick of dealing with people who are too embarrassed to get proper medical attention.

Gynecologists have to check for cancer in women by sticking a finger in the butt AND the ladyparts at the same time and feeling the wall between them for bumps. And that's just a standard preventative procedure like having your blood pressure checked to them. Man doctors have to fiddle around with the man parts to check for problems, too. If you go to the doctor and tell them your butt is mysteriously itchy, they just pull your pants down and poke around until they find the cause. Believe me, I know. If you can't pee, they grab your parts and shove a tube in there. It's all just... part of the job. Seriously, there is literally nothing you can tell a doctor that will make them feel awkward or embarrassed, and they're really just annoyed with you for stalling because they have other patients to see with stuff stuck up their butts. The most uncomfortable part for them is the part where they have to wait for you to tell them what's up. Busy busy busy.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2015, 04:30:45 pm »

There's probably nothing that's going to stop you from feeling awkward. But keep in mind, it almost certainly won't be the worst thing the doctor heard that day. For them, it's just another unremarkable day at the office.

If only the human mind worked in such a way that knowing that would be enough to feel comfortable discussing it with them  :-\
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".
Pages: [1] 2