Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Resident Goblin  (Read 537 times)

schlake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Resident Goblin
« on: November 26, 2015, 08:00:32 pm »

I'm going around an old world, my first old world 1000 years instead of 5, trying out embarks.  Yesterday was my first volcano.  I had baby problems in that one.  Now I'm onto a new one.

I found an embark between two cities with a white line between them.  The cities were only three apart, so I narrowed my embark to 3x4 and plopped it down on the white line.  Turns out it's a road.

And my embark has something new I've never seen or heard about in all my reading.  A "current resident", a goblin.  He lives in a weird burrow the likes of which I've never seen.  He's also a wereopposum.  My entire dwarven civilization is made up of goblins, but in the volcano fort I still had vile forces of darkness which were goblin/troll/elf invasions.  So, I don't know what to make of this guy.  The text for "current resident" is in red, so I presume he is hostile, but he doesn't seem to leave his weird burrow.

What exactly am I in for here?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Goblin
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 08:35:27 pm »

He may attack if / when he transforms, but will probably mind his own business otherwise.  Not sure if he'll be hostile if you send dwarves over.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 10:36:36 pm »

This has to be one of the better posts this week

Why on earth are all your dwarf civ goblins?  Does that mean goblin migrants or no migrants at all?  XD
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 10:52:16 pm »

I'm pretty sure the game will conjure dwarves out of thin air for migrant waves if there aren't enough historical figures for them, so migrants should still arrive at least.

I've personally never seen migrants of another species, but I think they should be eligible to migrate.  If they do, they'll act funny though.  I don't think you'll be able to assign them to positions correctly, but they'll still do some jobs I think.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

schlake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 11:27:23 pm »

The migrants are dwarves.  They liaison and caravan guards are all friendly goblins.  The civ screen shows that my civilization is massive.  Lots and lots of goblins.

I built a floor over the wereopposum goblin's burrow.  So now he just lives in there all alone.

schlake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 11:35:30 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaand the weretapir Rith Eralkobel has arrived.  I have 63 dwarves, 18 of which are children, a couple of weapons I bought from a human, no armor, and no military.  Hopefully the two wardogs standing outside the fortress will save me.

schlake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 01:52:27 am »

It's been a while since that weretapir died.

The wardog that was all but torn in half has apparently gotten better.  Only the body is dented.  The leg recovered completely.  Why can't my dwarves do that?