Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: land holder positions not triggering  (Read 774 times)

neko.len.chan

• Bay Watcher
  • Nya
    • View Profile
land holder positions not triggering
« on: November 28, 2015, 02:23:57 am »

Pretty much what the subject says. I have a custom creature and entity to go with it, and I played for several years trying to get the land holder to show up. I made sure I met all the requirements (double-checked what they were as well so I know I had them), but the land holder position did not show up. I waited through two Lexta (the species I was playing as) caravans with all the requirements met. The diplomat came to talk to me (the diplomat does the outpost liaisons job for the Lexta), but didnt do anything. I have no idea why the landholder position wont trigger. ANy help?
(Entity file contained in spoiler)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

as a side note, I keep getting an errorlog '*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_corrupted.txt"
CORRUPTED_DEER:Gastroliths seem to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
' for convenient reference, there is no mention of 'Gastroliths' in the creature_corrupted file. I used ctr + f to look.

(corrupted deer raws below)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"When you wake in the morning, consider suicide."
BY ARMOK WHO KEEPS LEAVING CORPSES IN ALL THE FRIGGIN DOORWAYS?!?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: land holder positions not triggering
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 03:23:54 am »

Though it's probably unrelated to the two problems mentioned here, I've noticed that the deer don't seem to actually have a void crystal anywhere. They just have the normal deer body. Was the void crystal meant to be an organ or was it supposed to be abstracted away until butchered? Because I thought it was supposed to be an organ, so the whole [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT] thing isn't really going to work as it is.

Looking at the land holders, the only potential problems I've noticed are that in the first level breeders and queens are rejected creatures, but then in the second and third level it's restricted solely to angels. To my understanding this shouldn't affect your choices in fortress mode, I think it would even not affect it to the point that you could appoint a breeder as a first level land holder. I could be wrong though, maybe it just checks if you have anybody elligible for the highest level and you don't or something. It's also possible that the lack of a [SUCCESSION:SOMETHING] token is related. I once again doubt it, but I'm just looking for any difference between them and the dwarf nobles and that's all I could really find that aren't obviously irrelevant like the lack of a special name for the spouse, or the addition of the military strategy responsibility. I even checked the diplomat and they seem fine too.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

neko.len.chan

• Bay Watcher
  • Nya
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 03:31:56 am »

Though it's probably unrelated to the two problems mentioned here, I've noticed that the deer don't seem to actually have a void crystal anywhere. They just have the normal deer body. Was the void crystal meant to be an organ or was it supposed to be abstracted away until butchered? Because I thought it was supposed to be an organ, so the whole [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT] thing isn't really going to work as it is.

Looking at the land holders, the only potential problems I've noticed are that in the first level breeders and queens are rejected creatures, but then in the second and third level it's restricted solely to angels. To my understanding this shouldn't affect your choices in fortress mode, I think it would even not affect it to the point that you could appoint a breeder as a first level land holder. I could be wrong though, maybe it just checks if you have anybody elligible for the highest level and you don't or something. It's also possible that the lack of a [SUCCESSION:SOMETHING] token is related. I once again doubt it, but I'm just looking for any difference between them and the dwarf nobles and that's all I could really find that aren't obviously irrelevant like the lack of a special name for the spouse, or the addition of the military strategy responsibility. I even checked the diplomat and they seem fine too.

if the problem is succession im going to have trouble, cause they arent supposed to have succession (how would hereditary succession even work with a mostly agendered species?) the reason that the fyrst tier cant be queens/breeders while the second and third tiers have to be angels, is because the fyrst tier can be just regular Lexta (as you probably could have guessed). Also good catch with the void crystal thing.

neko.len.chan

• Bay Watcher
  • Nya
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 09:33:33 pm »

well a variety of more problems have shown up since earlier... For starters, many adventurers (but not all) cause the game to crash when I start their journey. It seems related to what site they embark from, and also all crashes were Lextan adventurers. I dont really know what ot make of this.

Also, a reaction which is supposed to change the caste of Lexta... partially works. In fortress mode, it works. In arena mode, it works. In adventurer mode, however, it doesnt work. What it does is; it consumes two Void crystals (which can be gotten from various creatures), and creates a mist which is supposed to change the caste of the Lexta to Angel. In fortress mode it works; anything in the mist is transformed. In arena, it works, usually, although I have had some trouble (specifically when I control the person myself.) in adventurer mode, I've tried the reaction several times, and it doesnt work on the adventurer; but it DOES work on any Lexta that are following with my adventurer who are caught in the mist. I dont know how to fix or what to make of this.

Can anybody please help?

the entire mod is in this document; (I cant post it here cause its way, way too long.)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l7YUgpzq2yF07vb8t5VQBPXBb6xJVUrHsqFDtJPLtOg/edit?usp=sharing

you dont have to look through all of these obviously I just put them up in case anybody were to try to run the mod to figure out whats wrong. Also, there are no errorlogs.

So, can anybody help me? (I'm having to post the raws in multiple comments since they wont fit in one post)