Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 87527 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Misson 26: You Monster
« on: November 28, 2015, 06:12:12 pm »

This is the thread for our continuing attempts to find a house that isn't overrun with alien scum.

Please do your planning for that here.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 06:58:43 pm by piecewise »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: House Hunting
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 06:18:41 pm »

PTW
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 06:58:47 pm »

Posting to lurk the fuck out of this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 07:54:42 pm »

PTW, this'll be important.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 08:59:21 pm »

Dester remains busy, guiding the efforts of the interstellar barge brigade as we make our way to Hephaestus with our precious, precious cargo. On our way to adventure, fate, and certain doom. Why, he barely has time to be surly or brood at all. But he makes the time. Some things are important, after all.

Let me know when we reach Heph, so I can hassle the management. Also, whenever we get IC knowledge of the universe hopping bit, so I cna start proposing SOPs
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 08:12:54 am by Ozarck »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 09:45:50 pm »

Did we bring Gus' mini-army along? If so:

Gus will do his best to bring the former security guards up to speed on the mission, as he understands it (however poor his understanding may be).

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 09:55:58 pm »

Did we bring Gus' mini-army along? If so:

Gus will do his best to bring the former security guards up to speed on the mission, as he understands it (however poor his understanding may be).
We did, and speechify that. I wanna see this rp.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 05:19:04 am »

In any case, what we're gonna do, OOC, is this:

I'm gonna give you a machine and it's gonna have what amounts to three digits you can enter. Sort of an X, Y, Z thing and it will open a portal to...whereever that is. Now, you're gonna be given probes, animal test subjects, "volunteers", cameras, shuttles, supplies, basically anything you need to do the exploration of these places. The general rules of "Grab anything interesting and bring it home" are still in effect, but the major goal here is finding someplace that is stable and friendly enough for us to live there. You know, someplace where your carbon atoms aren't spontaneously changed into hydrogen atoms for no known reason.  So, at some point, you're gonna have to go in there yourselves and check things out. Then we'll establish a colony and run it for a while just to make sure that nothing happens over time.

Questions?

((I'd say visit the (6,6,6) dimension first. C'mon, you know you want to.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 09:41:00 am »

probably test each coordinate direction: -1,-1,-1; -1,-1, 0; -1,-1,1; -1,0,-1; -1,0,0; -1,0,1; -1,1,-1; -1,1,0; -1,1,1; 0,0,-1; 0,0,1; 0,-1,-1; 0,-1,0; 0,-1,1; 0,1,-1; 0,1,0; 0,1,1; 1,-1,-1; 1,-1,0; 1,-1,1; 1,0,-1; 1,0,0; 1,0,1; 1,1,-1; 1,1,0; and 1,1,1. and then do the same thing on the 10 unit set (-10,-10,-10, etc).

... but ifwe DO go to 6, 6, 6, then we will also go to -6,-6,-6. I wanna see the negahell.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 03:22:23 pm »

((Make sure to check (-0, -0, -0) :P))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 03:28:19 pm »

(( Might want to test and see what each of the x,y,z co-ords mean. For all you know x is time, y is gravity/other fundamental forces and z is how closely that periodic table matches ours. ))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 05:07:15 pm »

((You could say that universes move through extra dimensions of space and/or time that are compressed to almost nothing inside them. Then the coordinates could stand for those uncompressed dimensions that exist outside universes.

It might not make sense in terms of physics, but it's quality technobabble.

Or you could say that the doc has used a machine similar to Sean's to probe extra-universal space for other universes and has stored his preliminary results using 3 indexes instead of one, for some reason.

Or you could say that, assuming the laws of physics are mutable (which is a reasonable assumption considering that AreSteve said the laws of physics are changing) then you wouldn't even have to leave the universe. You could simply teleport so far away, completely outside the observable universe, that you end up somewhere that is basically unreachable from where you came from without FTL travel or some kind of teleporter like the one you used to get there. And then if you assume that such long range teleporters are unstable and unpredictable and don't usually open a portal to the same place twice, they can only open a portal somewhere a long distance away, then it makes sense to use simple coordinates, since you are merely editing how far away and in what direction the random teleport will throw you. It could also lead to interesting circumstances, as humanity ends up spread out in their new home, some not being able to find a suitable home, others using extreme gene modding and  cybernetics to survive in hostile environments while others remain mobile in live ships, living a life of scavenging dead colony ships and pirating successful colonies. And then war breaks out between the different species that were once brothers but now are different...

I'm over thinking this, aren't I?))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 08:22:08 pm »

You all get your technobabble and mathematical nonsense over to the ooc thread! Grrr.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 12:27:34 am »

You all get your technobabble and mathematical nonsense over to the ooc thread! Grrr.

Ptw. All tech becomes sexier if it contains the words gauss, quantum or nuclear.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 54