Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 89575 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: Metaphorically jizzing all over the multiverse
« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2016, 06:41:56 pm »

Follow Destra and Petra to an escape shuttle.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2016, 08:27:10 pm »

((All M26 titles must be sexual references, by law.))

((...Metaphorically jizzed on by the multiverse?))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2016, 09:19:09 pm »

((All M26 titles must be sexual references, by law.))

((...Metaphorically jizzed on by the multiverse?))
((Literally.))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2016, 11:50:05 pm »

Follow Destro and The Duchess to an escape shuttle.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 18, 2016, 02:22:02 pm »

Quote from: Ryan to team
The sound is inside us. It's not the site. Remember ear worm? I'm going to try something. I'll be there with two medics and some drugs that might help.

When I wake up, tell me to check my datapad, and do not mention anything else. I am deleting this from my pad after I send it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 02:28:27 pm by Gentlefish »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #215 on: January 19, 2016, 11:21:28 am »

-snip-

On second thought, get on a shuttle and try to escape. Evacuate.
You run for the nearest escape shuttle. You get to the hatch but as you try to use the keypad to get in, your hand collapses into a mass of brown-yellow powder.

Edit: resist the psychic infection. Take a mind stim if one is available (I have none in inventory, but I believe we were given access to them them as part of our exploration package). If successful,
Lockdown the Apocalypse lab, send a text message to all ships in orbit to contain  evacuees and have no interactions with them, and to lockdown Saint as well.

Spoiler: if unsuccessful (click to show/hide)

Uh... try to find the cause?
Nope. run. get to a shuttle, get into deep space, and hope you haven't been contaminated.
Resist eh? Well, lets see...[1]

Well. Good thing you have that +1 but still. You better hope that someone figures this out soon because your legs just dissolved.

Activate the MkIII's buzz mode. Get the hell out and into a shuttle. If escape is not possible and probably death/possession approaches, Summon The Sheep.
[6] You concentrate until you crack a metal tooth via clenching your jaw.  The distortion vanishes.

Evacuate immediately! Preferably with others, but nearest non fucked escape ship takes priority
You turn to run but your leg falls off after the first few steps. You try to carry on by crawling, but your arms are corroding down to bone before your eyes.

...Is that the freaking sideways probe?

Shit.

Evacuate immediately. Join Dester. A broken nose is enough for me.

While in the infirmary, get some drugs that will induce amnesia, preferably ones that can cause memories to be retroactively forgotten.
Make a note on my data-pad: "If you don't hear a hissing sound, the drugs have worked. You are safe." Set it to my main screen after any messages I send and delete.

If the medics in the infirmary cannot hear a sound (Don't be specific AND ASK THEM BEFORE THEY EVACUATE I AM RIGHT HERE IN THE CLINIC), order them to drug me with said drugs above before carting me out, and tell them to bring as much as they can with them (and on me since I might be KO'd on a gurney).

We're going to Dester and co.

Well the medical staff, having not observed the probe return, aids you in the administration of a drug which causes short term memory loss. As a side effect of course; it's actually a powerful sedative.

You get REALLLLY CAAAAAALM.

1.FYI, I am not in a bunker.  I am on a warship orbiting the planet, and have been for the entire mission.  See below quote from Dec. 12th, because I knew something like this would happen.
2.I'm gonna stay onboard one of the orbiting warships, even if QEC is broken.  If the BLOPS team kills the planet, well, Steve can send more lackeys, and we can rebuild the lab somewhere else.
2. Fair enough.
2.Put my ship on full burn away from the Apoc lab, immediately.  Shut off all video/sensor feeds sourced from the lab.  After both these things have been done, scan my entire ship for signs of the anomaly.  Make sure all diagnostics are set to alert me to the slightest changes.  If there is anomalous activity on my ship aside from hissing sounds, open the first spoiler for the rest of my actions this turn.  If there is no anomalous activity, open the second spoiler.

((Words: 1211))

We're going with spoiler 2.

3. They haven't noticed anything.  a few of your fingers fall off.

4. You shut down all communication. Good thinking. Your left hand falls off.

5. Nope, still no signs of anything here or any damage to the ship. Right hand goes this time.

6.Uh, well you're not sure it cannot spread through sensors, also doing this without fingers is hard.

7-9. You find that doing any of this without arms is extremely hard.

Follow Destra and Petra to an escape shuttle.
[1] Thats not good. Wonder what your mind is at.

Oh, -1.

Gus' head melts and collapses inward like a rotten gourd.  He is dead.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: Alien Bukkake Line
« Reply #216 on: January 19, 2016, 11:33:42 am »

"...Guys, guys this is really nice. I kind of remember something bad?"

A medic whispers into his ear. He replies in a normal voice "No, no I don't hear anything... Should I?"

Another whisper. He looks at his datapad as the medic continues to do so.

"Oh! Guys you should try this then. I guess it helps with whatever."

Time to push some drugs. See if the medics can't take a sample of Gus and get me a a token or two's worth of equipment off of Gus
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 10:38:45 pm by Gentlefish »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 19, 2016, 02:01:42 pm »

Quote from: C. Leroux -> All
I have negated the effect for me. At least temporarily. I am shutting off all external communications to avoid reinfection or the risk of being a carrier. Do not even attempt to contact me. It could be dangerous for me. Or for you. I do not know which.

Taking a mind stimulant might help. Running seems to be futile.

Ryan, check your datapad, you seem to know the cure, as you are the only other one here who is unharmed.
Shut off all external communications. Move into a safe corner where everyone else isn't visible and get ready to run or fight in case someone turns into some sort of abomination or something.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 02:05:32 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 19, 2016, 04:30:31 pm »

FUCK.  DISBELIEVE, DISBELIEVE!

If successful in resisting the distortion, disable all visual and audial sensor feeds, including from my own body.  Then send a "shock unconcious" signal to everyone who may have seen any distortion.  Don't enable incoming communications, though.  I have a braincase and should be able to do this without arms.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 19, 2016, 04:42:42 pm »

Petra takes the drugs that [Gentlefish] is offering, since he seems to be unaffected.
Of course, if the shocking succeeds, this is somewhat a moot point.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 05:39:35 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 19, 2016, 04:58:15 pm »

Resist. Pop a mind stim if available. Mourn for my friend, general Gus.

Edit: If I have successfully resisted the effects before the medicos get to me, refuse the drugs but allow myself to be carted off to the medbay for repairs. Otherwise, accept any and all aid, especially the knockout drugs.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 06:01:20 pm by Ozarck »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 19, 2016, 04:59:19 pm »

((Does anyone actually have a mind stim?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 19, 2016, 05:03:56 pm »

Attempt to convince the anomaly to give my body parts back and to leave us alone
Kedly posted this in the OOC thread. I'm not sure if he meant to post it here or if he was joking.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 19, 2016, 05:04:30 pm »

((Probably joking.))
Sigtext!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 19, 2016, 05:36:45 pm »

((Guys take the drugs I am offering to Dester and whomever may be with him.))
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 54