Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 89569 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: House Hunting
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2015, 03:35:24 am »

Quote from:  Vincent to: Admin Steve Saint
"This army of mercenaries was hired on to us with the UWM funds we amassed during the last mission, under the Shipping Company we were using as cover to export test subjects. We brought them and the shipping crew with us when we fled the planet, and I requested that we keep our staff instead of adding them to the test subject pool, and was approved. Honestly this deceit shouldn't be hard to set up or maintain, as the reasons I have provided maintain the sense of a profit driven company willing to take risks (Which we proved we were before when we bought amp-less trading ships before amps went to shit), as well as the reasons the security around the planet is so tight. I plan to keep our security staff on ship as well, to keep them out of trouble until they are needed. As for the 'Volunteers' for the first human test phase of our plan, are we pulling those from our test subject pool?"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2015, 05:41:10 pm »

When Dester suggests the QEC might reverse and control him, Saint interrupts him with a chuckle.  "The laws of physics would have to be very strange indeed for that to happen.  Do not worry, I will not use quantum entanglement within another reality--only within this one, to ensure that if the machine's activation does have some unforseen dangerous effect, I am nowhere nearby.  I suggest you do the same."  He then stays silent until Dester completes his responses.  "You raise a good point about the robots, but I don't think such thorough exploration will be required as standard procedure.  Still, we can keep drones ready, just in case.  As to mental resilience, I do not understand why, but it is disturbingly common for mind altering effects to hinder exploration.  That could be a quirk of our own reality, or it could be a quirk of our brains, but there is no reason to assume it will not be an obstacle in other realities."

((Saint's hologram is back to an SS.  I couldn't find a way to make that statement flow with the talk.))

Quote from:  Saint to: Vincent CC: Dester
[quote of Vincent's message]
"I understand.  Thank you for your explanation.

I would suggest that we not coerce any test subjects.  Volunteers who understand the risks will be honest about their experience, but people who were forced may resent us, and lie because of that.  They could lie and say a reality is dangerous when it was really idyllic, or the reverse--either scenario sets us back, and the latter may well end up killing someone.

That said, I trust your judgement on who we send across.  I will be the first to admit that I am not skilled with human resources."

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2015, 08:16:15 pm »

Quote from:  Vincent to: Admin Steve Saint CC: Dester
I fully agree on using willing volunteers, maybe I can attempt to convince some of our shipping and sales staff to volunteer, that could address the concern that using our security staff at too early of a stage would be a needless waste of them.

Thoughts Dester?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2015, 09:24:35 pm »

((Would quantum entanglement even work across a different universe?

Totally not a PTW in disguise))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2015, 11:05:03 pm »

((Would quantum entanglement even work across a different universe?

Totally not a PTW in disguise))
Probably not between universes, but maybe within the other universe. As long as both entangled parts are in the same universe, and the laws of physics are suitable, then it should work.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2015, 07:34:11 pm »

To the Doctor

Source? What was the source of the amps then? Who are you anyway? Why did you join this rebellion against the UWM?

As soon as the resources are in position and everyone is ready, begin Phase one of the plan: Send a small drone, containing a sample of each element (except those with very short half lives or that are created exclusively in labs) To coordinates 0, 0, 1. Wait one minute and then bring the drone back.
"I fear you may be fatally out of the loop. Is there anyone else around with more experience?"

Quote from:  Vincent to: Dester CC to: Saint
Attached Files: Security Staff Speech draft; Shipping and Sales Staff Speech draft

As per stage 5, I suggest we use the security staff for the first few tests as that way we can have multiple promising universes being checked out at once, and have the security staff note anything to us once they come back. Specific instructions I would give them would be to avoid contact with anything not immediately hostile, instead to just stay away until they can be brought back, at which point they inform us that they found life, and to be on the lookout for anything that might be ideal for setting up a base of operations, or a resource to exploit. Once an interesting universe shows anything of interest is when we ourselves would jump in, as an added bonus, this will allow us to figure out who our top performing security staff are before we decide who to bring with us for backup.

Saint, you should read over my speech drafts as well, as they may contain information you do not wish me to share. I am revealing that this place is scientifically focussed, and that the machines we will be using are transportive in nature. I am doing this for a few reasons, I believe those two pieces of information to be relatively unimportant, they won't reveal heph's true nature, (or even that we are being transported to new universes) but they will allow us to put HEAVY security in keeping them in their quarters without making them too suspicious. I believe for a lie to be truly effective, it must be created out of the truth. That being said, if an employee is doing something suspicious, do not hesitate to remove them, add them to your subjects for experiments, kill them, whatever, I will make it look like they were fired and them and their family were deported.

Please share any concerns you may have with me, and if I am unable to reassure you by modifying or explaining why the information is being given, I will remove any info you request

Gather up our security personnel and inform them of our company's new initiative. We have partnered up with a science outpost that is studying new transportation technologies, and they have recently stumbled into a breakthrough with teleportation technology that allows us to reach sections of space that are outside UWM protection and jurisdiction. Our current objective is to set up trading posts and contacts in these unexplored sections of space, in order to capitolize on new trading possibilities. This of course will be insanely dangerous for the first few stages, and as such, security staff who participate in the first few trips while we find new outposts will be paid triple time for the first few excursions, double time for those who decide to help guard after the sector is deemed livable and back to normal pay once we have a base of operations set up. As a further incentive to take on the vital and dangerous stages, the family members of any staff who dies during these phases will receive that staff's wages for the rest of their lives. That being said, we have our scientist co-partners performing preliminary tests to reduce the danger of these new regions before we will be sending our security staff in as recon. Thank them for being an important part in helping our company reach even greater fortunes.

After that meeting is concluded, gather up our remaining staff and let them know that until further notice they are on 100% paid leave, and that we have accommodations set up for them on this planet until their skills are needed once again. Inform them that as this is a science base working on new transportation technologies, any area outside of where they have been cleared to stay is highly classified, and any employee or family member found outside the cleared areas will be promptly fired, and them and their family will be shipped to the nearest stable planet. Thank them for being an important part in helping our company reach even greater fortunes.

Done.

((Tired--long day.  This may result in confusing statements; my apologies if it does.  Spoilers are for compact reading & shorter PW post.))

1.Test if quantum entanglement is working right now.  Just switch to possessing a bot at the apocalypse lab, and make sure it's working properly.

2.I've okayed Kedly's plan of housing and lying to their... company personnel, but I want to make sure everything is secure.  Select an area to house the people which is out of the way and not too near anything exceptionally important, then seal off most entrances.  Remaining entrances should be constantly guarded by robosods using riot gear, with orders to turn back anyone who tries to leave (and to disable them non-lethally if that doesn't work).  Heavy robosods equipped with combat gear should also be ready to deploy, in case things really go bad for whatever reason.  If anyone somehow gets out of the area, they are to be immediately captured and detained.  Make sure robosods patrol all the nearby facilities.

3.Can we get enhanced capacity mods as mission equipment?  I'm guessing not, but it's worth asking.

Reality Ripper:

4.Can this thing teleport stuff around in our own reality?  Did we invent a new type of FTL?

5.How exactly is the teleportation activated?  Does the machine in our reality control when stuff is teleported where, or can someone on the other side tell the tag to teleport back?

1. It's working right now, but thats because the machine isn't on. And it might depend on where we send our thing. Lets just say it seems to work for now.

2.Alright.

3. For fleshy people, I guess.

4. We haven't tried it. We can, but We're not exactly sure if we can dial it in specifically, if that makes sense? When we go to another universe, hitting the exact same place over and over isn't THAT important considering the areas we're working with.

5. As for right now, someone needs to activate the machine from our side. As far as we know, we can't communicate back and forth at all.

If you're ready to start, hands up. I want to get any questions out of the way before we begin.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2015, 07:36:02 pm »

No questions. Ryan is ready to probe the unknown.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2015, 07:42:48 pm »

Is there a target number of habitable universes? As in, do we only need one or do we have to find as many as possible?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2015, 09:01:36 pm »

Is there a target number of habitable universes? As in, do we only need one or do we have to find as many as possible?
Well...we need at least one good hospitable universe, but the more the merrier. LET US BE AS GODS AND SEED MYRIAD UNIVERSES WITH OUR KIN!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2015, 09:04:14 pm »

((ER: Metaphorically jizzing all over the multiverse.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2015, 09:50:48 pm »

Find the nearest armory. Sell back my 6 grenades for two tokens. Buy a multi-function power gauntlet. Loudly introduce myself as General ABBLEE Johnson, veteran black ops member. Requisition 2 multi-function power gauntlets, both modified to include internal generators and, if possible, plastered with cool flame decals. Have them hooked up to my MCP-II's generator as well.

Report to wherever I need to report to. Swagger up to my teammates with the confidence of Spider-Gus.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 05:43:58 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2015, 10:19:52 pm »

To the doc My team had only slightly more knowledgeable people on it than myself, and our primary experienced teammate promptly went catatonic, and makes a charming hat stand at the moment. Your admin, Mr. Saint, has more experience, but I hoped to get a bit more, straight from the donkey's mouth, so to speak. Rumors are a notoriously poor source of useful information, after all. Since awakening in what was the HMRC when I was put into stasis, but had become the ARM since, I was assaulted three times, kidnapped, and dumped into a mission to steal fifty thousand people. Which we did. With aplomb, with less experience than I have now, speaking to you. With the planet collapsing around us and the government attempting to destroy us because of something of which I was, as you say, fatally out of the loop on. Pardon me, sir, for trying to amend that situation to the best of my ability. Or your ability, if you were willing. Something big enough to break universes is going on, and I'd like to not be treated as expendable meat, sent blindly to my doom as a canary for those in the know. I think I have slightly more usefulness than that. So please, toss me a few bread crumbs here.

regardless of the outcome of this conversation (barring Dester's losing the ability to participate) Dester is ready to start the tests.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: Metaphorically jizzing all over the multiverse
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2015, 01:08:09 pm »

Ready to start!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:11:23 pm by Kedly »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2015, 01:56:19 pm »

((I'd assume that PW's' one word response to your action indicated that it went pretty much as you described it :P))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2015, 03:30:47 pm »

No further questions.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 54