Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 87718 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: You Monster
« Reply #766 on: June 12, 2016, 09:16:34 pm »

((I don't care. I was posting both to request the personal items, to announce the team items, and to surreptuously see if anyone would suggest better versions of things. If you are wiki'ing stuff, may as well add the heavy exoskeleton and subtract the corresponding cost. I believe Dubley gets a cut for designing it. I did want your attention for the post, and fewer words get better responses for me, usually.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #767 on: June 13, 2016, 12:34:52 pm »

ALRIGHT LETS CHANGE THIS SHIT.

YOU NEWBIES ARE GOING TO THIS THREAD:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158724.0

I'M MAKING SWEEPING CHANGES TO REDUCE NEWBIE CONFUSION.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #768 on: June 14, 2016, 03:07:33 pm »

Launch whoever is going to the planet with the ring with a shuttle, sharksuits for all, assorted odds, but no ends, and something like a shield generator for the shuttle. And any personal equipment that is standard on a mission at this stage of the game, including a healthy supply of meals ready to eat and a load of t-shirts with dinosaurs on them.

((Ahh, good old body-theft flashbacks.))

Something something waiting something. See if our cross-universal selves are curious enough to actually enter the camp.

Spoiler: Senpai pls (click to show/hide)
They are not, at least not on their own. Perhaps you can bait them with some tasty snacks?

A1, B3, H1.  Ask Joan's clone to repeat the werewolf brain transplant process on Joan.  Keep Joan's original body in stasis.

Send a sod to the colony's EUE to ask the following questions before returning and reporting: is the colony having any problems?  Do they think that they will be able to settle this universe long term?

Ask a few scientists to look over the ark ship.  Can they see any problems with it as it currently exists?

Ask a linguist to try to develop a new language that will be fairly easy to understand for both humans and spiders.  Use data from the game.

Get another projector.  Place another sod in restraints, give him an end stim (thanks), then make an incision on the sod's arm using the crystalline projector bayonet installed in aux-controlled medical equipment.

Find a wooden stick.  Almost break it, but not quite, in half.   B1, B7, H1 (test repair again).  B1, C1, G4, H1 (stick will not reflect light?).  B1, A2, H1 (?).

Send a suited werewolf-sod into Werewolfverse for 2 seconds equipped with Mad Hatter set to 50% before returning.  Don't observe the sod.  If he isn't feral (based on responding via comms), ask him what he saw.  If he is feral, euthanize him and extract the video from his suit.  Have another sod view the video with Mad Hatter set to 75%.

Look into the creation of satellites which contain the conscious minds of hundreds or thousands of humans in digital form.  Is this possible?
You create your clone. You lose one level worth of points. You get a werewolf body.

No, and yes, it seems likely.

Nope.

They begin work. Might be hard since spiders seem not to have much of an individual concept of self and seem instead to blend verbs and nouns.

No effect. This doesn't effect the stick instead it effects your crystaline projector and turns it into a thick sludge. That command won't work. It won't let you press h1. Also, pressing b1 causes a2 to retract into the cube, along with buttons a1 through b2

A flowing mass of furry flesh and biting maws flows back across when you port the guy back. It begins to fill the room so you detonate the self destruct.

Possible, though quite large. It would be using the goo computers.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 14, 2016, 03:55:58 pm »

((Invisibility... sludge... very similar.  I'm making good progress.))

Send a probe to Spiderverse to instruct the satellite to modify the datapad with the greatest progression to display a text prompt.  The text prompt will remain until a reply is sent using the on-screen keyboard.  The prompt is "We are human.  We wish to trade with you.  Can there be peace between us?"

Wait 2 hours, then send a probe to see if the spider sent a response.

Fill up the ark ship with colonists and create 4 more ark ships and fill them with colonists.  Send one ark ship to -9, 0, 0 (description spoilered below).  Send another to Gooverse.  Send another outside of all orbs in Glass Sphereverse (-6582,6684,-9811).  Keep the last two in reserve for now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Place weapons and sticks surrounding Joan and have a sod stand nearby.  Press A2, B3, H1.

Start creation of the satellites containing digital copies of conscious colonist minds (all existing in a digital environment recreating the days of humanity's spread through the universe before the Altered War).

Test how goo computers fare in Spiderverse.  Do they return infested with spiders?  What about if we place an inorganic shell around them?

Test out the werewolf body.  What seem to be the advantages and disadvantages?

Send a probe to 8 ,8, 0 (Mars-like environment with crushing gravity).  What's the astronomy like there?  How about in 3, 3, 3 (inside of a thunderstorm)?  Also, does Origin tech work in 8, 8, 0?

Check in with Factoryverse to check the status of the QEC-creating equipment.  If construction of that equipment has finished, ask them to start on construction of origin tech (amps, manips, and matter converters) producing facilities if that's feasible.  Hep can spare what is needed, hopefully.

Send probes with EUEs attached to Glass Sphereverse.  When the probe teleports into the universe, it should open a portal linked to one on Hephaestus.  Check if any nearby spheres appear to contain easily colonizable contents.  Repeat until one is found that is judged to be colonizable.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:32:34 pm by ZBridges »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 14, 2016, 10:07:52 pm »

Tasty bait snacks is a great idea. They liked the boar-thing.

Let's cook some boar meat around the time they're coming around, in a nice open space and over a fire so they understand it's food being cooked. Be there personally every time this happens, and have some meat set aside the entire time.

Quote from: Ryan to Dester
Luring the locals into the camp to introduce them gently to what we are is proving to be a trying task. They are curious, but overly cautios. Perhaps, in their mind, rightly so. Last time something new came around, it ended up killing them.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 15, 2016, 03:54:07 pm »

I completely lost track of what was going on with Mission 26 around the time I got on the ship with Saint. I know I said I was planning on joining the newbie teams... can we assume Gus got on the ship with everyone else?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 15, 2016, 06:15:54 pm »

I completely lost track of what was going on with Mission 26 around the time I got on the ship with Saint. I know I said I was planning on joining the newbie teams... can we assume Gus got on the ship with everyone else?
Assume it. Coming to the ring planet with Dester, or going to orgyverse? either way head over to the other thread.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 17, 2016, 09:51:56 am »

1.Can I play Steve-type mission control for the newbie teams?  Not really direct command like Radio, just chiming in occasionally

2.I dunno what to do that's productive and doesn't conflict with the newbie missions!  Instead, I'll ask for an id, 'cause I'm curious.  Take joy, for today I do not have twenty questions for you.

Spoiler: Id traits (click to show/hide)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 17, 2016, 01:15:29 pm »

(('scuse me. I'm still here, just haven't really been posting. Does Petra go to the newbie thread too or stay in this one?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 18, 2016, 04:35:16 pm »

((I could use some help with colonization efforts of the non-primary universes.  I feel like the more universes we colonize the better, even if they're not as viable as the six pw recently gave us.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 20, 2016, 02:30:58 pm »

No need to wait for Xan, orgyverse colonization dude. PW decree, I'll find my way in later.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #778 on: June 23, 2016, 01:40:42 pm »

((Invisibility... sludge... very similar.  I'm making good progress.))

Send a probe to Spiderverse to instruct the satellite to modify the datapad with the greatest progression to display a text prompt.  The text prompt will remain until a reply is sent using the on-screen keyboard.  The prompt is "We are human.  We wish to trade with you.  Can there be peace between us?"

Wait 2 hours, then send a probe to see if the spider sent a response.

Fill up the ark ship with colonists and create 4 more ark ships and fill them with colonists.  Send one ark ship to -9, 0, 0 (description spoilered below).  Send another to Gooverse.  Send another outside of all orbs in Glass Sphereverse (-6582,6684,-9811).  Keep the last two in reserve for now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Place weapons and sticks surrounding Joan and have a sod stand nearby.  Press A2, B3, H1.

Start creation of the satellites containing digital copies of conscious colonist minds (all existing in a digital environment recreating the days of humanity's spread through the universe before the Altered War).

Test how goo computers fare in Spiderverse.  Do they return infested with spiders?  What about if we place an inorganic shell around them?

Test out the werewolf body.  What seem to be the advantages and disadvantages?

Send a probe to 8 ,8, 0 (Mars-like environment with crushing gravity).  What's the astronomy like there?  How about in 3, 3, 3 (inside of a thunderstorm)?  Also, does Origin tech work in 8, 8, 0?

Check in with Factoryverse to check the status of the QEC-creating equipment.  If construction of that equipment has finished, ask them to start on construction of origin tech (amps, manips, and matter converters) producing facilities if that's feasible.  Hep can spare what is needed, hopefully.

Send probes with EUEs attached to Glass Sphereverse.  When the probe teleports into the universe, it should open a portal linked to one on Hephaestus.  Check if any nearby spheres appear to contain easily colonizable contents.  Repeat until one is found that is judged to be colonizable.
Done
Nope. At least not a legible one.
Done.
You create another clone of yourself. Lose another level worth of points.
Creating.
They appear to be unaffected by whatever creates the spider-ization.
It's stronger than a normal human body by a fair bit, seems to feel no pain, regenerates pretty quick. Basically what you would expect.
The astronomy scene there is pretty limited. No observatories or anything really. And you're not surprised, because the stars you can see from here are pretty few and weak. Origin tech doesn't work there.  And you see no stars at all in 3,3,3.
That stuff is done, but the Space magic factories are...harder.
There are several that look like they should be survivable.

Tasty bait snacks is a great idea. They liked the boar-thing.

Let's cook some boar meat around the time they're coming around, in a nice open space and over a fire so they understand it's food being cooked. Be there personally every time this happens, and have some meat set aside the entire time.

Quote from: Ryan to Dester
Luring the locals into the camp to introduce them gently to what we are is proving to be a trying task. They are curious, but overly cautios. Perhaps, in their mind, rightly so. Last time something new came around, it ended up killing them.
The meat appears to attract them, several come up to your group, though their eyes are firmly looked on the meat. They seem to be completely ignoring you.

Sure, get over there.

1.Can I play Steve-type mission control for the newbie teams?  Not really direct command like Radio, just chiming in occasionally

2.I dunno what to do that's productive and doesn't conflict with the newbie missions!  Instead, I'll ask for an id, 'cause I'm curious.  Take joy, for today I do not have twenty questions for you.

Spoiler: Id traits (click to show/hide)
1. sure
2. I only do ids for people who buy the id manifestor.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 23, 2016, 03:48:57 pm »

What's required to produce space magic, and where can I get it?

Deploy another ark ship to 8, 8, 0 in deep space.

Deploy one goo satellite to 3, 3, 3 in a Faraday cage.  Recall it after 24 hours.  Has it sustained damage?

Send 50 goo satellites to Spiderverse, thousands of lightyears from any spider colonies.  They have EUEs attached and can send distress signals to EUEs meant for the 6 primary universes as well as Factoryverse in the case of damage, low power, or similar problems.

Phase 3 to all the orbs that seem easily colonizable.  Does origin tech work in this universe?

Send a sod to Factoryverse to ask the colony to check in with all ark ships to make sure they're still functional.  Have them instruct the surviving ark ships to communicate an OK signal once weekly with Factoryverse.

Ask the linguist for an estimated time of completion ((in turns)) for that language...

Begin construction of a ground-based shipyard in Factoryverse.

Are stats derived from the body or the brain?  If the brain, can those parts of the brain be swapped out?

B2, B3, H1.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 09:49:46 am by ZBridges »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54