Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 87921 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: You Monster
« Reply #780 on: June 23, 2016, 03:53:44 pm »

((God's left testicle and a big ass spear to poke it.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 23, 2016, 06:40:46 pm »

((FFFFFucking savages. Plebs. skrubs.))

Who even knows why I'm trying to bother to establish peaceful first contact.

Anyway, offer these guys meats and maybe they'll stay around enough to catch an eyeful of the base of operations, safe inside the noise-damper.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 02, 2016, 01:06:26 am »

-snip-  Nevermind.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:34:53 am by ZBridges »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #784 on: July 04, 2016, 01:02:38 pm »

What's required to produce space magic, and where can I get it?

Deploy another ark ship to 8, 8, 0 in deep space.

Deploy one goo satellite to 3, 3, 3 in a Faraday cage.  Recall it after 24 hours.  Has it sustained damage?

Send 50 goo satellites to Spiderverse, thousands of lightyears from any spider colonies.  They have EUEs attached and can send distress signals to EUEs meant for the 6 primary universes as well as Factoryverse in the case of damage, low power, or similar problems.

Phase 3 to all the orbs that seem easily colonizable.  Does origin tech work in this universe?

Send a sod to Factoryverse to ask the colony to check in with all ark ships to make sure they're still functional.  Have them instruct the surviving ark ships to communicate an OK signal once weekly with Factoryverse.

Ask the linguist for an estimated time of completion ((in turns)) for that language...

Begin construction of a ground-based shipyard in Factoryverse.

Are stats derived from the body or the brain?  If the brain, can those parts of the brain be swapped out?

B2, B3, H1.

Either you can go to origin or you can go to the space magic factory and cross your fingers.

ok

In a null universe? Yeah its destroyed. Nothing survives in null universes for long.

uh...we've already established that non-living things aren't effected by spiders. But we didn't establish how big that universe was or if there were even places without spiders.

Ok. All functioning so far.

Any reason you want it ground based? I mean, I know origin tech works over there so you can do it but is there a reason?

We assume that all stats and skills are brain related. Because it is a measure more of your ability to use your strength rather than a raw measure of strength. Otherwise the stats would sky rocket the second you stepped into a battle suit.
Ok so...wait..that actually could be really dangerous because wheen you think about it..Oh god what have you doneY̵̪̝̭̻̦̑̈ͯ̀̐̉͑Ō̉ͬ͋Ũͣͮ͞'̙͕V̬̗̘͙E̫͍̤̜̙̍͆͑ͥ̊̆ ͉͕̰̟͍͔͔C̊͊̌̊̅ͥR̤̯̯̩͇͓ͫͮ͑E͓̤̲͉̘͑̉ͯ̒ͪ̈͜ͅA̧ͯ͐͋T̘̳̰̥̅ͭÊ̯̬̻̼̠͋͗̈̇̊D̸͕ ͕̯̪̠̪͔̞̔ͤͧȦ̜̻̭̱͚ͤ͒͑͡N͖̗̗̏͊ͩ͂̓̽͊̕ ̵̤̹̺͔͐̒E̙̻̲͙͙̲̅̄̈͞N͙̤̮͇ͩ͂D͎͍̠ͥ͂̂ͫͣ̀ ̖͔̖̟̝ͫ̃G̦͉͚̰͚̙̱ͣ̇̽͒̎Â͈̞͖̠̠̬̤M̢̘̣̀̊ͩ̀Ě̼͈̤̗͓͇ͅ ͓͂ͦ̓͠Sͤͬ͐C̺̺ͩ̐̓́Ḛ̩̈̃ͬͬ̏̈́ͨN̪̹̖͕͖̪̋͂̒̌͊̀A͍̭͍̻ͦ̌͂Ŗ̮͈̘̬I̤͑͊ͮǑ͍̥̙̥͍̦͌̊͝Tͧ̐ͬ́͏̹̘͚͢H̰̳͙̳̖̮͋̐̐ͮ͜Ê̟̲̺͙̱͙̭͇̓̿͌͝R̬͕̎̿͟͟E̬̜̯͚̪̺͎͓ͪ̔̓̌̓̒́̚'̴͍̦̖͇̘͕̺̍͒̋̎̇̿̃̊͜ͅS̢͓͎̱͔͇̱͗ͨͯͨ͠ͅ ̡͓̼̯̗͌͑͗͞N̡̜̲͎̠̳̏̂̿ͤ̽̀̏̀͢Ỏ̡̻͈̥̅̿̆ͣ̿̚͘ ̷͕̹̞̻̣̈͂̏͢C̪͙͎̱̳͌̎̈́̐ͭ͒̏ͅO̵̹̳͕͎̘͈̬͗̈́̑ͪ͑ͅM̤̙͙̞͐ͩ͒̌͆̅ͦͯI̙̬͒ͬ̆̀N̿͒̄҉͙͇͖̤͢G̜̤̹̥͓̰͑͢͠ ̤̮̭̦̫̫̫͎͓̊ͪ͊ͩ̒͆̌̂͞B̻̘͓͐̅̉̋͐̓̂́̚͞͞A̓ͫͧͮ̓̉͌̈̚҉̟̝̮C̩͈̰͎͔̞̳͕ͧ̐̔K̡̖͎͎ͩ̉͊͠ ̦͓̣͉̝ͥ̔̎͗̕F̷͈͎͔̖̣̪̰̾͒Ṛ̩͂̏͒̽ͮ͋̌͟O̟̖̻̹̤͚̼͂ͤ̇̀ͪ̍͆́́M̡̖̜͓̐̓̋̓͛̇ͣ̈́͠ ̷̞̖͇̬͕̣͌̾͗ͧ͠͝T̳͔̽̃̊̌̽̀ͥ̋͌ͅH̳̱͇͉̒ͭ̾̀̃͛ͫͫ̉͢I̯̣͎̗̫̙͓͌̎̈́̆̎S̪͈̦͖̝̜͈̣ͫ̎T͙͚̺̲͇̣̺̞̥͙̺̯̪͚̭͙̘͍ͫ̌̊̌͋̏ͥ̽ͨͧ͊̋̕͜͞ͅH̛̛͙̭̰͉͚̺͖̯̪͕͇̹͙̣͉̮̤͉̳ͬ̍̎̿ͥ̋ͩͫ̇͂ͧ̎̔̕͢Ę̷̰͉͍̣͉͚̮̥̥̲̥ͤ͂̈̄͑̑́͟͡ͅ ̵̛̥͎̹͔̥ͧͥ͛̈̿̎͒̑̔̓̓ͭͯͧ͘͜͠ͅR̵̢̢̢̼͉̝̖͔̰͙̯̖͍̟̻̜̜͉̫̹ͧ͆̇̃ͪ͒ͭ̇̎̚͝E̓ͥ̏̔̉ͨ̓̍̒͑ͪ̓ͦ͗̒͒ͣ̓͞͏҉͚̼̦̤̗͉͍͡Dͪͥͤͤ̔̆ͣ̓͗̈ͫͧ̃̈́̎ͣ͝͏͓̙̻̰͔̭͕̗̮͓͕̙̳͕̦͡ ̰͈̝͇̯͇͎̻̖͔̜̣͇̜̦̓̃̉ͪ̉̆͂̈́̓ͯ͘D̵̤̘̯͔͔ͧ̈ͦ͐͜I̵̡͍̫̥͔̘̗͈̥̮̖̝͓͚͇͕͖̱͋ͣͤ̒͊̐̋ͦ̎̒͐̊̒̑ͩ̐ͯ̐͐͜͞C̏̾́̾̒̄͗̐͒̍̈́̀͘͏̸̫̩̻͍͍͈͔̫̞̺̟̻̝̲̹͍͔̩Ę̶̲̫͍̼̻̠̞̤̱̱̓̂͌ͧ̌̾ͧ͊ͣ͆̉̅͌͆̅ͨ̌̀́͢ ̨̧̯̬̼̟̤̰͇͕͈̟͔͖͓̽̈́͑ͪ͂̿ͫ͒̽͑͗́̀͜͡Ç̛̪̼̪̣̠͚̥̱̪̰̗̺̼̰͚̼ͪͫ͋̈́̒ͩ̏ͯ̅̚͟͠A̺̲̯͉̹̲̳̯̥ͦ͗͐ͮ͑͛ͨͧ̄̈̂ͣ͗͒̏ͤͫ̚͠͝͡M̨̧̨̯̪͙͖̻̝̱̹̺̤̯̩͖͙̜̙̪̃̒̒̇ͫ̀̈́̓̇̆ͯ̔ͥͥ̊̇͒͜͞Ë̸̡̩͔͙͈́͒̌̅̎̕ ̸̴̡͈̙̭̣̜̣̓̔́̎̐́̚B̸̸̨̦̞͔͈̗̣̱̟̼̹̲͑̌ͭ̆̌̃ͪ͗͘͘ͅͅÀ̶̶̭͍̖͓͖̩͓̺̳̩͉̳͉̘̱̺ͦͣͪ́͜͟Cͪ̓̇ͣ͋͐̎͌̔̿҉̡̞͇̩̫̫̖͔̦̻̰̳ͅḴ̨̦̮͔̜͖̟̙̣̂͌̽̄͒̆ͧ̅̿͒͘͘͝ͅ ̸̧͍̻̦̳̹͇̍ͮ͛̓̓̆͌̽̅͜͟͝A̶͇̝̤̳̟̞̱̣̼̔ͪͤ̂͢͢͠͡S̛̜̬̭̘̱̟̙̣͇̣͈̦̱͉̳̺͊͐͊̇͆ͦ́͒ͪͥ̔͆͡͞͞ͅ ͯ͒͂̊̂ͪ̍̑ͦ͋̉́̔͆ͫ̎͞͡҉̸͙̣̺̖̥͉̻̱̪̦͇͔͔̻̰̰̩Aͬ̓́̊̋͏͏̡̛̣͎̟̦̘̟ ̄̑̀̎ͬ̒̋̌ͦͥ̂҉̢̢̱̩̰̮̲̪̼̥̭̭͓1̿͛ͬ̄̇͂̔̉̈́ͬ̋ͯ̍̃̐͌͝҉̞̭̫̼̥̖̥̤͙͈̥̰͔͔̹̩͡͠!̧̪̟͈̫̞̫̣̦̦͈̭̲̳̟ͮ̇ͣ͐̾͢͡!̢̌ͬͦ̅͐̾̒̈́́͗̎̋ͫ́͏̣̤̺̻̙̙͖!̨̰̙̻̱̖͎̞͓̲̺̪ͨ̎͒͋̾̃͂͒ͭ̔ͨ͌ͥ̍ͦ̈ͮ̄ͅ!ͤͫͤ̐ͭ̅ͣ̋͞҉̼͎͙͍͔͍̣̫̦͙͔̹

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 04, 2016, 03:52:42 pm »

((Oh, COME ON.  I stop posting for one turn, and you utterly fuck over the universe?  WHAT WERE YOU EVEN TRYING TO DO?))

1.Okay, in OOC you said Saint's survival depends on his location relative to Zbridges.  His location is 80 AU away from the system, on the same side as the Jump Point.  Why?  Because fuck the deathcube.

Oh, and Saint has QECs and at least one portal generator in his ship.  Are they still functional, despite the destruction of Heph?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 04, 2016, 04:15:54 pm »

((Wasn't sure!   Good luck!  Anyway, I'll be switching over to playing Joan's clone in Factoryverse, and waiting for the assassins to come for retribution.))
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:20:39 pm by ZBridges »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 04, 2016, 04:25:44 pm »

((...hey Syvarris. I have a proposal for ya. Kick me some tokens and I'll happily round up all of the clones.  ;D ))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 04, 2016, 04:43:19 pm »

Right!  Well, shit happens, am I right?  That's life for you.  Just got to move on.  And forgive!  Yes, that's important.  I sent a clone to Factorverse early on, so I'll be playing as that one now.  Thank god I only had 1 relic and am no longer a danger to anyone, yes?  So, no hit squads needed.  For the record, not that it matters, I'm sorry.

Start construction on (in order of urgency):
1.  EUE producing facilities (scaled from small to ship-sized)
2.  Chemforge cloning facilities.  We will be cloning our colonists and personnel from now on, I guess.
3.  Auto-colony producing facilities.
4.  Simple Mk armor producing facilities
5.  Laser and ballistic weapon producing facilities

I thought the ground-based shipyard would be easier/faster to create.  If not, orbital would be better.

Joan's shock implant will probably have to come out if Joan knows what happened to Hep, in order to avoid others sending knee-jerk death shock signals.  Is there a skilled doctor here who can do that with little to no risk?  If so, have that done immediately.

If Joan learns of the destruction of Hep, she would want to mount a mission to recover the cube and eradicate the Lurker for good ((or have other people use it after it's retrieved instead of her, so that... this can't happen again)).  Would that be okay?  And... can someone smarter lead it?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:23:33 am by ZBridges »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 04, 2016, 05:02:50 pm »

Question, what is and isn't known currently IC about the situation for the people still left in this universe?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 04, 2016, 05:15:02 pm »

((Renegade, I only have two tokens left.  Though, that wouldn't be a bad way to spend them...  I'm not sure I should really give you more though, considering I've already donated a lot for you to buy that HRB and Doctrine.))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 04, 2016, 05:34:27 pm »

((I meant it as more of a joke honestly. I'm sure you have enough sods to just apprehend Joan if you wanted to. I uh...didn't realize you had so few left, my bad, although I do thank you greatly for allowing me to buy those two items. If you want, pay someone else, you've more than enough helped me with tokens.  :) ))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 05, 2016, 01:36:33 am »

Anyway, offer these guys meats and maybe they'll stay around enough to catch an eyeful of the base of operations, safe inside the noise-damper.

[/b]

Addendum: Be completely and utterly unaware of the fact that the end of times has come soon for the main universe.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #793 on: July 06, 2016, 11:44:14 am »

((Oh, COME ON.  I stop posting for one turn, and you utterly fuck over the universe?  WHAT WERE YOU EVEN TRYING TO DO?))

1.Okay, in OOC you said Saint's survival depends on his location relative to Zbridges.  His location is 80 AU away from the system, on the same side as the Jump Point.  Why?  Because fuck the deathcube.

Oh, and Saint has QECs and at least one portal generator in his ship.  Are they still functional, despite the destruction of Heph?

Ok, thats good news, you're still alive. But there's that black stuff expanding from ZB's location so time is of the essence. Heph itself (I think you guys were all fairly far away from heph?) should still exist for the moment due to not being consumed. Anything tied to it should still work as well. You probably have a few turns until the lurker influence expands out and swallows it.

Right!  Well, shit happens, am I right?  That's life for you.  Just got to move on.  And forgive!  Yes, that's important.  I sent a clone to Factorverse early on, so I'll be playing as that one now.  Thank god I only had 1 relic and am no longer a danger to anyone, yes?  So, no hit squads needed.  For the record, not that it matters, I'm sorry.

Start construction on (in order of urgency):
1.  EUE producing facilities (scaled from small to ship-sized)
2.  Chemforge cloning facilities.  We will be cloning our colonists and personnel from now on, I guess.
3.  Auto-colony producing facilities.
4.  Simple Mk armor producing facilities
5.  Laser and ballistic weapon producing facilities

I thought the ground-based shipyard would be easier/faster to create.  If not, orbital would be better.

Joan's shock implant will probably have to come out if Joan knows what happened to Hep, in order to avoid others sending knee-jerk death shock signals.  Is there a skilled doctor here who can do that with little to no risk?  If so, have that done immediately.

If Joan learns of the destruction of Hep, she would want to mount a mission to recover the cube and eradicate the Lurker for good ((or have other people use it after it's retrieved instead of her, so that... this can't happen again)).  Would that be okay?  And... can someone smarter lead it?

Sounds fine to me.

1. Ok. I'll assume these are being set up from the ground up and not attempting to hijack factories in this universe.

2.Alright, same as above.

3. Queuing up quite a work load.

4. That is much easier.

5. Also much easier.

In terms of what goes first I'd probably but 4 and 5 first due to basic Maslow's hierarchy.

Well orbital needs less ground infrastructure due to it just being a bunch of floating platforms and lattices.

Don't worry about shock implants. You can't be shocked across universes.

Well you'd probably hear about it and you want to launch that mission you can; but you're gonna have to be the one to gather the members and get it started. Also, no guarantees

Question, what is and isn't known currently IC about the situation for the people still left in this universe?
Well, anyone in the heph area could see whats going on and anyone thats seen the lurker stuff before would recognize it. I assume they'd guess that the lurker was coming in somehow. They wouldn't know Joan was the one to cause it or how.

[/b]

Addendum: Be completely and utterly unaware of the fact that the end of times has come soon for the main universe.
We'll assume sy sent out a very angry message to everyone with the capacity to get it.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 06, 2016, 02:17:20 pm »

In that case, go with 4, 5, 2, 1, 3 from the list in the previous turn (if we can't just transfer it all over from Hephaestus).  Also, what's preventing us from doing these constructions simultaneously?

Would it be alright if we took Heph's construction teams?  Also, just put out a message to Heph for qualified personnel to come to Factoryverse, and put some charisma into it.

Okay, let's start production on orbital shipyards then.  If we can take a few things from Heph to speed this up (and there aren't objections to this), might as well do so.

Has the space magic facility been consumed?  If not, bring that over (or the important bits) if we can do so quickly without objection (can bring it back if Heph survives).

Actually, bring over as much of Hephaestus' production capacity as is possible, using charisma to convince and recruit the personnel required to do so as needed, as long as syv is ok with that.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 09:50:24 am by ZBridges »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54