Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 88055 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: Alien Bukkake Line
« Reply #285 on: January 28, 2016, 03:19:18 pm »

I have no idea what alien bukkake is, but i want in!
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 28, 2016, 03:20:22 pm »

((Which you can't do because the mission is already underway, has been for weeks, and you're not on it.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Nunzillor

« Reply #287 on: January 28, 2016, 03:28:02 pm »

I have no idea what alien bukkake is, but i want in!
If you'd like to join the game, follow the instructions here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 28, 2016, 03:28:46 pm »

((Emp:  Might want to notate whether those are new or repeat dimensions.  Might be a good idea for all members, actually, just to give PW a hand.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 28, 2016, 03:30:26 pm »

((Good idea, I've edited my post to include that.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 28, 2016, 05:19:40 pm »

Clear the wall humper testing room of all noninfected persons. Order a sod to attempt to communicate with the npc wall humpers. Make sure said sod is in isolation. if it gets no response, order the npcs shocked unconscious and the probes' electronics fried.

blacklist 17, 3, 18 (the one the wall grinders tested.

did we get a video feed and other information from the probe that went into 2, 0, 0 (thee one that just returned with the rustlike machinelike thing riding it)? if not, send a probe and have it info dump to the observing probe. bring the observing probe back, unless it suddenly malfunctions.

Send probes to new universes
0, 0, -2
0, -2, 0
-2, 0 ,0

Quote from: Dester to: Blops team
looks like we have another psychic effect or something. It affects both robots and humans. The universe it came from is blacklisted, but we currently have two probes and a small group of humans bouncing off a wall in a testing chamber.

Quote from: Dester to:Ryan
Improved yourself? ah. these Haebi limbs ... how unsettling. please keep me informed of their function and any side effects. You aren't craving human flesh or developing sudden urges to dominate all lifeforms or spread your spores throughout the galaxy, are you?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 28, 2016, 09:20:22 pm »

Ryan laughs to himself as he reads Dester's message before replying.

Quote from: Ryan to Dester
No, no such cravings. They are under my control. It feels good, having a planet I survived on become slave to my will. I will be sure to keep you updated, however. I trust that if I lose control that you will put me down.

As soon as it is sent off, he types up another message, this time to the whole team.

Quote from: Ryan to Team
Turns out, Matter Savers will wholly preserve the matter between universe transfers. This may come in handy for massive transportation of raw goods or prefabricated buildings.

As for that "psychic effect", wouldn't it simply affect organics if it were psychic? I would hazard a guess as a distorted gravity field around the probes.

Have a sod stand back and toss a ball at the wall-grinding probes.
Have another sod offer a rope for which to have a sod try to "retrieve" himself from the anomaly. Keep both in the room.

Probes to:
 554, 110, 936

905, 924, 618

852, 965, 148

Random number generators, ho.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: Metaphorically jizzing all over the multiverse
« Reply #292 on: January 29, 2016, 04:50:56 pm »

Quote from: Gus to Dester
ok boss Tell me if anythin gets out of hadn. I dont want my head to get melted again

Send phase 1 probes to:

While those tests are underway, do this:

See if there are any "geographists" on Heph interested in analyzing the sapphire. Also look into getting it cut and polished, if possible.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 29, 2016, 11:29:09 pm »

1.Incinerate everything in the test chamber that contained the sods infected by the perception virus.

2.Set up a similar experiment, except with five robosods, numbered A through E.  A will be shown the infections video, B will be able to see one, C will be able to see B but not A, D can see C but not A or B, etc.  Record the order that they die in, and the delay between their deaths.  Then incinerate everything.

3.Stick a printer in a containment room with a flesh sod, and remove all other electronics.  Have the printer print a single still image of the perception virus, and tell the sod to look at the image.  Does the sod die?  Incinerate everything, regardless.

4.Single suited flesh sod in a containment room.  Play only the audio from the virus.  Dead sod?  Incineration again.

Personal:

5.The program that I want to use to re-obtain use of my arms uses movement commands recorded from sod braincases over my century-long stay on Heph.  It's identical to having a sod possess me, except that the commands are coming from a database rather than a live robosod.  Try using this program to move my arms--does it work?

6.As to the actual stats of how this works... Previously, I had tried to use this program to allow myself to roll AUX instead of dex/str.  You said you were okay with it, but the council vetoed that use, because Saint has +4 aux and it would be completely OP.  Would you be okay if, mechanically, Saint continued to use his actual dex and str scores, but lore-wise we say he's actually using this program at all times?  Essentially, no mechanical difference exists, but it's how I've imagined Saint for a long time.

7.In the "poke" thread, you said that Saint had spent a hundred years on Heph.  This would make him 127 years old at the moment, assuming he's spent no time in stasis.  What is the maximum age of a braincased human with his level of access to advanced medical technology?

8.Slightly random, but on the wiki we have a list of programs written by players.  This section specifically includes programs written by players which are not publically available.  Saint should have IC knowledge of these programs, because they have been used on missions.  I would like to replicate all of them from the ground up, using my +4 AUX, and then make the replicas publically available.  And make the ones designed for use with MK.IIIs work with all of our other flying suits.  Is this okay?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 29, 2016, 11:38:08 pm »

((There is an immortality treatment the Doc gave that one guy - it just permanently locks your stats.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #295 on: February 01, 2016, 12:35:49 pm »

Start a colony on Cave World ((Am I not supposed to be doing this? this'll be the third turn Im attempting to do this, and Im not sure if Im just not taking a hint... Im bad at taking hints))
Nah, I'm just oblivious.

So what is the point of this colony? We just sending some people through with a bunch of supplies and letting them live there for a while?

Xan quietly walks to a wall near the Doctor and settles down on her arms.

Wait for now in a spot the Doc can see me in. It's rude to interrupt.
"What is it you need?" the Doctor eventually says without looking away from the table.

• Send some sort of remotely operated robot or piece of machinery or another probe to stab one of the decaying probes. Just outright impale it. See if it starts decaying as well.
  • Send a Phase 1 probe to (0, -1, 0) [Nuclear Decay]. Have it attempt to return there after four minutes, just so see if it's in any condition to do so. Repeat the trial five times just to be sure.
  • Send a Phase 2 probe to (0, -1, 0) [Nuclear Decay]. But have it return immediately and transmit whatever its sensors saw to the people overseeing its room immediately.
  • Send a Phase 1 probe to (3, 3, 3) [Barnacle Rods]. Send some sort of remotely operated robot or piece of machinery or another probe to dislodge and contain the rods. Dispose of the probe in whatever way has become considered the standard. Send another Phase 1 probe to (3, 3, 3) and release the harvest rods in its presence.
  • Quote from: C. Leroux -> Steve
    Only just caught up with the debrief. What can you tell me about the seven-eyed sheep? I know others have seen it, and it has told me what I could not have known. Upon trying to summon it in the past, I hallucinated a man with a gaping maw running down his body.
It doesn't seem to spread.

Exposure up to 4 minutes seems survivable but only once. And by survivable I mean it can go and then come back. It still eventually dissolves away into nothing.

The only thing the cameras pick up is a bright bluish glow that seems to have stronger and weaker bands, like an aurora in space.

They're all just gonna come back gray and covered in rods. All of them. Cameras for the pods show what appears to be the inside of a thunderstorm, gray haze violently swirling about and electrical discharges crackling, half obscured,  in the distance.

Steve has no real idea what the sheep is. He knows people have seen it but thats about it.

Clear the wall humper testing room of all noninfected persons. Order a sod to attempt to communicate with the npc wall humpers. Make sure said sod is in isolation. if it gets no response, order the npcs shocked unconscious and the probes' electronics fried.

blacklist 17, 3, 18 (the one the wall grinders tested.

did we get a video feed and other information from the probe that went into 2, 0, 0 (thee one that just returned with the rustlike machinelike thing riding it)? if not, send a probe and have it info dump to the observing probe. bring the observing probe back, unless it suddenly malfunctions.

Send probes to new universes
0, 0, -2
0, -2, 0
-2, 0 ,0

Quote from: Dester to: Blops team
looks like we have another psychic effect or something. It affects both robots and humans. The universe it came from is blacklisted, but we currently have two probes and a small group of humans bouncing off a wall in a testing chamber.

Quote from: Dester to:Ryan
Improved yourself? ah. these Haebi limbs ... how unsettling. please keep me informed of their function and any side effects. You aren't craving human flesh or developing sudden urges to dominate all lifeforms or spread your spores throughout the galaxy, are you?
When communication is attempted all the infected sods can say is "Home", repeatedly and at great speed.

The camera from that one shows a great view of what looks like a metal wall. Clearly ported in at a bad angle. But about halfway through something shakes the camera, probably whatever that metal thing is falling or climbing onto the probe.

Null
Probe returns to the holding universe covered in what appears to be frost. No signals when you try to download video using the other probe.
Null.

Ryan laughs to himself as he reads Dester's message before replying.

Quote from: Ryan to Dester
No, no such cravings. They are under my control. It feels good, having a planet I survived on become slave to my will. I will be sure to keep you updated, however. I trust that if I lose control that you will put me down.

As soon as it is sent off, he types up another message, this time to the whole team.

Quote from: Ryan to Team
Turns out, Matter Savers will wholly preserve the matter between universe transfers. This may come in handy for massive transportation of raw goods or prefabricated buildings.

As for that "psychic effect", wouldn't it simply affect organics if it were psychic? I would hazard a guess as a distorted gravity field around the probes.

Have a sod stand back and toss a ball at the wall-grinding probes.
Have another sod offer a rope for which to have a sod try to "retrieve" himself from the anomaly. Keep both in the room.

Probes to:
 554, 110, 936

905, 924, 618

852, 965, 148

Random number generators, ho.
The ball hits the probe, bounces off and then bounces over to the wall and rolls against it.

I don't quite understand what you're trying to do there.  No matter because!

While all these universes are null,

Quote from: Gus to Dester
ok boss Tell me if anythin gets out of hadn. I dont want my head to get melted again

Send phase 1 probes to:

While those tests are underway, do this:

See if there are any "geographists" on Heph interested in analyzing the sapphire. Also look into getting it cut and polished, if possible.
3,4,5 is fun.

Now, I want you to remember how these things go. You send a probe, it goes somewhere, comes back to a holding universe where another probe looks at it and then is ported back to this universe where you look at what the examining probe saw before bringing the original probe back. 

Well, this time, when the examining probe comes back it brings something with it. It brings back a single black rod that has been jammed straight through it.

And now I have to ask, who exactly is watching these rooms?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 01, 2016, 01:10:29 pm »

The doctor?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 01, 2016, 02:47:16 pm »

Xan hesitates for an instant, then speaks.

Sorry PW, but I'll move this into PMs for now if that's okay with you. Sensitive info and such. I'll post the conversation in this thread after I've completed or failed my task, but for just this little while I need it to be unknown.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 01, 2016, 04:03:45 pm »

...Uh, I'm NOT ((apparently I missed a command-post in there somewhere)) watching my universes and assume I'm getting filled in on what's going on in the other testing chambers, especially after acid-trip universe.

...In case this current universal constant of "fuck you" doesn't affect me,

PROBE LIST AW YEAH:

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 04:40:51 pm by Gentlefish »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 01, 2016, 04:28:02 pm »

No one on command is watching the rooms. Remember, I set up a seppuku squad of npcs for that purpose.

As for the Cave World Colony, we are establishing a long term outpost that could become a permanent colony if no other viable universes are found.

My actions below will occur if the !!FUN!! from 3, 4, 5 is resolved or contained without incident. Otherwise, we'll deal with the !!FUN!! instead.

1) For those infected by 17, 3, 18 (home seeking wall grinders), just launch all non-human subjects back into that universe. Send one uninfected sod back into the testing room after this is done to carefully examine the room, feeling the walls, floor and ceiling thoroughly. If this sod is not then infected, reopen that testing chamber for business.

2) Send another probe to 2, 0, 0 (the one with the rust machine), only a) have cameras installed that view all directions, and b) port it into that universe 100 yards back from where it ported last time (back relative to the camera that was facing that wall.)

((I am tempted to let an infected sod get into a shuttle and see where it goes, looking for "home."

Also, the Doctor's predictions of the likely effects of the teleport were way off. we'd have died so many times if we went in person to these places.))
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 54