Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 88036 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: Alien Bukkake Line
« Reply #300 on: February 01, 2016, 04:41:31 pm »

((Do et. Wire the shuttle with explosives and let him go.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 01, 2016, 05:16:06 pm »

((It's probably a good compass to Origin.))
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 01, 2016, 05:35:00 pm »

Gus probably wouldn't have been there. Unless the process took unusually long, he would still be looking to get his gem cut.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 01, 2016, 06:52:50 pm »

1.Incinerate everything in the test chamber that contained the sods infected by the perception virus.

2.Set up a similar experiment, except with five robosods, numbered A through E.  A will be shown the infections video, B will be able to see one, C will be able to see B but not A, D can see C but not A or B, etc.  Record the order that they die in, and the delay between their deaths.  Then incinerate everything.

3.Stick a printer in a containment room with a flesh sod, and remove all other electronics.  Have the printer print a single still image of the perception virus, and tell the sod to look at the image.  Does the sod die?  Incinerate everything, regardless.

4.Single suited flesh sod in a containment room.  Play only the audio from the virus.  Dead sod?  Incineration again.

Personal:

5.The program that I want to use to re-obtain use of my arms uses movement commands recorded from sod braincases over my century-long stay on Heph.  It's identical to having a sod possess me, except that the commands are coming from a database rather than a live robosod.  Try using this program to move my arms--does it work?

6.As to the actual stats of how this works... Previously, I had tried to use this program to allow myself to roll AUX instead of dex/str.  You said you were okay with it, but the council vetoed that use, because Saint has +4 aux and it would be completely OP.  Would you be okay if, mechanically, Saint continued to use his actual dex and str scores, but lore-wise we say he's actually using this program at all times?  Essentially, no mechanical difference exists, but it's how I've imagined Saint for a long time.

7.In the "poke" thread, you said that Saint had spent a hundred years on Heph.  This would make him 127 years old at the moment, assuming he's spent no time in stasis.  What is the maximum age of a braincased human with his level of access to advanced medical technology?

8.Slightly random, but on the wiki we have a list of programs written by players.  This section specifically includes programs written by players which are not publicly available.  Saint should have IC knowledge of these programs, because they have been used on missions.  I would like to replicate all of them from the ground up, using my +4 AUX, and then make the replicas publically available.  And make the ones designed for use with MK.IIIs work with all of our other flying wearables.  Is this okay?

Missed me.  In case it is relevant for our most recent disaster dimension, Saint is still in text-only mode, due to the sod murder tests he's running.

((Do we need a good compass to origin?  I'd think that's the sort of thing we would have kept track of.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 01, 2016, 07:18:52 pm »

((I don't think he missed you. I think he paused everything when universe 3, 4, 5 was opened. If you posted after that, your action got suspended.))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 01, 2016, 07:27:55 pm »

Start a colony on Cave World ((Am I not supposed to be doing this? this'll be the third turn Im attempting to do this, and Im not sure if Im just not taking a hint... Im bad at taking hints))
Nah, I'm just oblivious.

So what is the point of this colony? We just sending some people through with a bunch of supplies and letting them live there for a while?

Best case scenario (we find a suitable home universe) resource outpost, worst case scenario (one of these universes kills us all and destroys the teleporter) Back up universe so that humanity can survive even though we wont

This colony when complete will be completely self sustainable, and is able to house a VERY large population. Once the main things are complete towards making it sustainable without any outside help. Have heph scientists begin building another teleporter base, similar to the one we are using, and veeeerrrryyy far away from the colony
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 01, 2016, 07:58:13 pm »

They're all just gonna come back gray and covered in rods. All of them. Cameras for the pods show what appears to be the inside of a thunderstorm, gray haze violently swirling about and electrical discharges crackling, half obscured,  in the distance.
((What I was trying to do was to harvest the rods off the first one, discard the first one, and see if they'll attach to the second one. Or start a barnacle fight or something.))

((Oh and do we win the game now? I'm pretty sure the probe is younger than twelve, and that the big black throbbing rod combined with it counts as a dick. Or do we need to repeat it a few times first since your signature uses plurals?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 05, 2016, 07:59:44 am »

Dester recieves a text message from Saint after he gives his thanks.

Quote from:  Admin Steve Saint to: BLOPS Lead Dester
No thanks is necessary.  I have been expecting something like this to happen, and I am merely happy that it was so simple to deal with.

Forgive me, but I will not be immediately joining in your rush for new universes.  I did not take amnesiacs, and as such my body has not returned to full functionality yet.  I will be dealing with that problem first.

Was that all you wished to say in your meeting?  Or did the amnesiacs force you to forget about the meeting?  You had been about to host one just before the anomaly was released.

I don't recall seeing this before, so I'll reply now. Sorry for the delay. Assume this was sent at the appropriate time and not during black rod rampage time.

Quote from: Dester to: Steve Saint
I also am glad that it was handled so simply, and am glad we have you on the team. I am sorry to hear about your body. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. As for the meeting ,I was hoping to discuss with everyone how the mission has been going, gather insights into the patterns of the universe we have discovered, and discuss future safeguards and ways to streamline our activity to make it more efficient and safe. Unfortunately, with the time crunch and the quick pace of everyone's schedules, that meeting will not be happening. Any discussion about these things will have to be over the communicators instead. Take care of your body, and keep me updated. as for me, I haven't detected any pattern except danger at every turn.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #308 on: February 05, 2016, 01:02:06 pm »

Ok so We have confirmed that no one from the command staff is watching the room.

However, there are living humans watching it.  And thats good enough.

Now, as far as I remember, everyone but Sy is on the planet itself. 

On planet people, deep in your bunkers and holes: The room starts shaking and the lights flicker. Monitors drop to static and their screens distort as if degaussed. The air becomes prickly and full of static and you feel as though there is a great pressure pushing on you, as though you are standing against a strong wind. You feel oddly distant despite all this, as though your mind is disconnecting from your body and floating away.

To Sy: Assuming you have visuals of the planet itself, specifically this particular testing room, you would see something rising from the planet's surface. A ring of kaleidoscopic light  around a black disk is rising from the room, widening as it does. You could swear you hear bells, discordant ringing from far away.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 05, 2016, 04:15:27 pm »

Saint is still in text only mode, because he's doing tests with the perception virus.  He is unaware of this new apocalypse unless someone texts him, some automated alarm goes off, or he hears that ringing without having visuals on anything.  Are any of those true, or is Saint going to just casually not notice that everything is being destroyed?

Spoiler: If Saint's alerted (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: If Saint isn't alerted (click to show/hide)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 05, 2016, 04:52:15 pm »

Activate 5 second reset, Pop mind all the stims, get the hell out on the quickest and closest escape shuttle

Can I convince you to let Vincent retroactively be in the cave universe overseeing colony construction since you didn't know what I was asking for the last 3 turns? =P  ... Point taken
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:49:46 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 05, 2016, 05:50:32 pm »

Quote from: C. Leroux -> S. Saint
Warning! Another intrusion has occurred. An anomaly is forming. We are evacuating.

Pop a Fate, Mind and Charisma battle stim. Drink potion and try to summon The Sheep. If the effect is negative, 5 Second Reset it. Then, with The Sheep as witness, march towards the testing chamber where the Lurker has come. I ROLL TO SEDUCE! Specifically, on behalf of Milno. Because as everyone knows, the position of Mlino's love-interest is one of those "you keep what you kill" titles.

Pop a Mind, Aux and Fate battle stim. If possible, order that the test chamber and the observation room be purged immediately. If it is possible to remotely order tests still, order ten probes to be sent to the nuclear decay-verse. First returns in ten minutes. Next one in eleven minutes, and so on.

DEFINITELY fly the hell out to a shuttle. If shit hits the fan, chug potion, summon sheep.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 05:52:33 pm by Empiricist »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 05, 2016, 05:52:39 pm »

((Do we all have stims or something? I remember discussion about that.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 05, 2016, 05:53:55 pm »

((Yes, Charles had ordered that all personnel be given one of each battle stim using his Heph privileges. Saint has two of each.

Also, yes, I am trying to weaponize one of the universes against the Lurker. OOC, I would have rather used the spiderverse and hoped that either the Lurker literally runs away screaming, or that the Spider-HMRC manages to develop space-magic out of it.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 05, 2016, 05:56:50 pm »

Pop a Fate and Mind stim, EVACUATE.

((This doesn't seem like the kind of thing a Endurance stim would help with, right?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 54