Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 86692 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: Alien Bukkake Line
« Reply #315 on: February 05, 2016, 05:58:20 pm »

((Probably not. DEX might. If only for running.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 05, 2016, 05:58:41 pm »

((How so?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 05, 2016, 06:00:59 pm »

((To run away :P))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #318 on: February 05, 2016, 08:05:34 pm »

Activate 5 second reset, Pop mind all the stims, get the hell out on the quickest and closest escape shuttle

Can I convince you to let Vincent retroactively be in the cave universe overseeing colony construction since you didn't know what I was asking for the last 3 turns? =P

Sure. I mean, if you want to be potentially stranded there and starve to death, thats cool.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 05, 2016, 08:18:41 pm »

Pop a mind stim and resist. If possible order that the test room and observation room be ejected into the null universe. Damned useless cut outs.

Evacuate.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 05, 2016, 09:37:16 pm »

Mind Stim. Evac.

Now is not the time to die. Not before the conversion is complete.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 05, 2016, 11:25:46 pm »

Quote from:  ABBLEE Johnson, to: Steve
oh man steve things are getibg wierd staticky maybe earthqauke oh jeez This is Auguste Bert er Gusjohnson on hefestus SEND HELP

Swallow my entire battlestim assortment. Evacuate.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #322 on: February 08, 2016, 11:49:30 pm »

Saint is still in text only mode, because he's doing tests with the perception virus.  He is unaware of this new apocalypse unless someone texts him, some automated alarm goes off, or he hears that ringing without having visuals on anything.  Are any of those true, or is Saint going to just casually not notice that everything is being destroyed?

Spoiler: If Saint's alerted (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: If Saint isn't alerted (click to show/hide)

Sorry about the lack of posts. Ugh, these last few days have been very eh.

And I just got back from lab in which I drew my own blood...for a while. So...*yawn* I'm not really up for much.  But Ozracks...Oz...Ozarock...Oozbark.. That guy above me.  He was saying this mission was doomed. He called out in despair and thats a good way to attract me.

So Sy here, his posty has him doing something important. He blows up the testing rooms. Which is a bit overkill but hey, claps for him because he figured out the trick. The Lurker uses people as conduits to summon itself in. Kill the conduit, cancel the summoning.  And so this apocalypse was canceled.  And I'll assume all the drastic measures everyone else was taking don't go through because I'm just that kind of guy.

Unfortunately he blew up all our test rooms...so...we're gonna have to build a few more of those before we continue.

Any ideas for how we can change these rooms or make them better or really anything we need to do? Or just good going back how it was.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 08, 2016, 11:55:38 pm »

Make them orbital.  Better yet, put them several AU away from any planetary body and each other.  Attach nukes, excessive plasma generators, and nuke-grade forcefields, and every other variety of high explosive.  Maaaybe attach a few dormant au- wait no that's a stupid idea.

I'll post a more extensive list of things tomorrow night.  For now, sleep.

Quote from:  Administrator Steve Saint  to: Mission 26 team
"That seems to have solved our latest apocalypse.  We're lucky it was so simple to deal with.

If it's not too much trouble, I recommend that everyone use the time granted by the destruction of all the testing rooms to consider their personal safety protocols.  For instance, please ask yourselves why you remain on the planet; we do have perfectly servicable warships spread across the system."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 09, 2016, 12:09:37 am »

((...as I understand it the Lurker isn't fully summoned into this universe yet. Mission into the black abyss of the emerging worldbodyform to kill Morul when?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: Metaphorically jizzing all over the multiverse
« Reply #325 on: February 09, 2016, 12:57:55 am »

See if there are any "geographists" on Heph interested in analyzing the sapphire. Also look into getting it cut and polished, if possible.

Have universe 3,4,5 blacklisted, and do the above. Then see about relocating to an off-planet warship.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 09, 2016, 01:10:14 am »

"Saint does raise a good point, we don't need to oversee this directly, especially not with having seen the risks first hand. I am unsure of the exact mechanisms involved, but I have the suspicion that some of the effects involved in this more recent intrusion are related to our connection to the Origin. It may be prudent to set up primary observation chambers inside of null universes so that such anomalies cannot exploit our connection to Origin, as well as limiting the amount of harm they can do. It may also be better to set a protocol that must be performed every so often lest the entire chamber be destroyed. We were fortunate that this time in that they still responded to the detonation signals, fortune may not be as merciful next time."
Relocate to a warship.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 11:18:24 pm by Empiricist »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 09, 2016, 06:20:49 am »

"...That is a very good point."

Relocate to a warship.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 09, 2016, 08:03:33 am »

((that kind of guy. Good guy GM. Sorry things have been rough for you these last few days. I kinda thought we were a) on hold because of the potential to ruin literally all the other missions going if we mucked this one up, or b) on hold while all the other missions got up and running, because that seemed like a lot of work.))

I suggest that we separate out the testing rooms by stage.
First probe rooms all go someplace very disposable.
biological testing rooms go in another location, at a significant distance from the first.
Rooms for universi deemed relatively safe can be done a bit closer to home, since they will require more resources and direct contact and all that.

i can't think of a way to improve the room design otherwise, except if we can devise a program that can recognize the black rods and prevent video feed from going out of those rooms where a rod is detected.

Oh, and 3, 4, 5 is now blacklisted a step higher than regular blacklisting. I suggest that it require Steve's explicit permission to attempt that one again. Additionally, all universi where the numbers make a right triangle are blacklisted at the regular level of blacklisting.

While we are rebuilding the test rooms, I'd like to send a couple exploration teams into Caverns Universe to map out more caves. Give them provisions for a couple weeks, some communication buoys, and let them check out caverns for a week, reporting back every 24 hours. No need to send things through the null universe or contain them in a test room, I think, but if anyone objects, I can wait until more safeguards are in place.

-sigh- relocate to a warship.

"Saint does raise a good point, we don't need to oversee this directly, especially not with having seen the risks first hand. I am unsure of the exact mechanisms involved, but I have the suspicion that some of the effects involved in this more recent intrusion are related to our connection to the Origin. It may be prudent to set up primary observation chambers inside of null universes so that such anomalies cannot exploit our connection to Origin, as well as limiting the amount of harm they can do. It may also be better to set a protocol that must be performed every so often lest the entire chamber be destroyed. We were fortunate that this time in that they still responded to the detonation signals, fortune may not be as merciful next time."
Relocate to a warship.
How do you suggest we set up an observation post in a null universe? Those universes destroy probes within minutes. I do agree that something needs done to prevent a similar outbreak. I understand that there was some connection between the black rods the testers mentioned, and this Lurker we have ben hearing so much about? Perhaps we can create a program to check for said rods and self destruct any probe that comes into contact with one?

Quote from:  Administrator Steve Saint  to: Mission 26 team
"That seems to have solved our latest apocalypse.  We're lucky it was so simple to deal with.

If it's not too much trouble, I recommend that everyone use the time granted by the destruction of all the testing rooms to consider their personal safety protocols.  For instance, please ask yourselves why you remain on the planet; we do have perfectly servicable warships spread across the system."
Quote from: Dester to Steve Saint cc: Blops Team
This latest disaster is driving home the idea that this project is extremely risky for eachi of us. I had already accepted that, but am still relatively new to the position of overseer. I suppose I just cringe a little at leading from safety while sending men and women to die - as some did today- in my place. I request we all observe a minute of silence to note their passing, and I will accede to your request and relocate to a warship.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 09, 2016, 03:21:27 pm »

Quote from:  Vincent to: BLOPS
I'm not a fan of letting others die in my stead either, but I'm also not a fan of dying. We should have 1 VERY well paid staff per testing room, and only have them check over the footage and the probe itself once everything has been checked over by a sod. I guess I got too comfortable with that last mission, for a second I thought I was past being at risk for a horrible death every 5 seconds

Relocate to a seperate warship than everyone else
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 54