Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 87916 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: You Monster
« Reply #645 on: May 11, 2016, 07:31:55 pm »

((You... Guys do know I have a FOB there, right? I may be incommunicado right now, but you know I'm on-planet.))

Well, I suppose it's been established we're not going to harm them. Bring up another dead animal and offer it to the most important looking person there (that isn't part of my team :P)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 11, 2016, 07:43:25 pm »

Quote from: Dester to: Vincent
I'm not sure. We've sent probes far and wide. I haven't gotten reports back yet though. Gather your crew and get to the largest ship we can transport. We'll send you if we can.

((You... Guys do know I have a FOB there, right? I may be incommunicado right now, but you know I'm on-planet.))

Well, I suppose it's been established we're not going to harm them. Bring up another dead animal and offer it to the most important looking person there (that isn't part of my team :P)
((yes, we know you are on teh origin planet in OrgyVerse. We don't deem that 'safe' due to the sattelite blocking the formation of some proteins, and the civilization that is apparently actively doing this. If necessary, we can launch all manner of stuff to you, and perhaps send some ordinance to the satellite to destroy it, but we'd like a safer option too.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 11, 2016, 08:13:42 pm »

Quote from: Dester to: all ARM personnel
Well, looks like we might be outta luck here, what with the NEw God eating the HEphaestus system. I had intended to send some of yo uto Orgyverse to test Origin tech, which works like it did in this universe before the Lurker showed up, apparently. I had also intended to find a place for us outside the range of the alien empire that is keeping humanity from developing properly there. as it is, there seems little time.

I suggest we evacuate as quickly as possible, preferably to another ARM world located far away from here, and rebuild our EUEs there. We can try this another day.
Quote from: Dester to; Lyra
Sorry, Miss. It looks like I brought you here at exactly the wrong time. We've got another universe eater spreading in this system, so those tests are probably gonna have to wait. If we can get them done at all. Sending you out of universe now would very possibly be a one way thing. ou may want to head back throuhg to the planet yuo were on - Paracelsus' Sword is there, I believe.
I guess I'm returning to M27 then. Back through the portal I go.
Quote from: Lyra to Dester
Ok
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 11, 2016, 08:23:33 pm »

Quote from:  Vincent to: Dester
Thanks. I'll try to stick to the area you sent me for at least a month in case were able to stop whatever this new god of death is

Get the largest ship capable of both comfortable transport and delivery, as well as combat. Load an EUE into it, and pack it with as high a population of humans as is comfortable, with a colonist ratio of 1 combat skilled colonist (preferably take from our mercenary pool) for every 10 non combat. Take an Mk-3 with flight level milno plate for myself as well as a Sibilus" Rocket/Gauss Hybrid Rifle. Have myself and the merc crew load as much weapons and ammo as we can on this turn, and have the non combat colonists load as much food as they can. Other players are welcome on the ship if they are able to make it to the ship in time. This turn is for acquiring and loading a colony ship, next turn will be for transport of said ship to orgy-verse
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 12:04:11 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 12, 2016, 05:43:54 pm »

Quote from: C. Leroux -> Commander D. Gree
Shall we salt the earth we leave behind? Access those universes that were deemed too dangerous, and let their deluge spill once it reaches each chamber?
Evac on a warship out of the system.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 12, 2016, 07:40:17 pm »

Quote from: C. Leroux -> Commander D. Gree
Shall we salt the earth we leave behind? Access those universes that were deemed too dangerous, and let their deluge spill once it reaches each chamber?
Evac on a warship out of the system.

Quote from: Dester to: C. Leroux
It's risky. We don't know what reaction that would provoke. Like oxygen and hydrogen, the mixture cold become harmless and beneficial, like water, or could become a fiery explosion that destroys us all. I'd like to wait for evacuation to advance as such as possible, but then again, this thing grows at alarming rates. perhaps 1, 1, 0 would help - maybe that universe will corrode it. Yo uhave my permission, if you can get Saint's as well. or 0, -1, 0 - that one is not blacklisted. Even that one with the giant tentacle which pulled the room in could work, maybe.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 12, 2016, 08:13:35 pm »

((popping in here to say I'll be joining kedly on orgy-verse exploration...guess I got my wish))
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:50:55 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 13, 2016, 09:33:55 am »

((Han wanta to live, so with the evacuation crew he shall go.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 13, 2016, 03:04:07 pm »

((So I'm assuming Petra should be evacuating too?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 13, 2016, 08:03:48 pm »

((Unless Petra is suicidal, yeah.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 13, 2016, 08:05:22 pm »

Evacuate with Han and the others.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 13, 2016, 11:36:58 pm »

Might as well stop procrastinating about this, I suppose.  I dislike having no idea what to do.

1.Last turn, Saint rendezvoused with several other players and a portal generator.  Can that portal generator make a portal large enough to send a warship through, and could it make a portal that connects to a pocket dimension which has a portal to the space above M27?

2.If the answer is that I cannot use a portal genner to evac, check whether or not I can get to Heph and through a portal in two hours.  If even that is impossible, start heading for the Jump Point, unless the god is in the way... in which case just get far away from the thing.

3.Modifications to Zbridges' turn: tell his people to pick up Simus and Anton too.  Also, if he doesn't install mind mods because of a lack of consent, order the mods installed anyway.  Fuck consent, we've got a god to kill.

4.Note about Kedly's turn: We don't have another EUE preassembled.  If he wants to take one with him, he'll have to deconstruct one of the two which exist in this system.  Not that it matters since EUEs are bigger than the things they can transport, but still.

5.Oz has been shooting the god with all weapons that are available, for awhile.  This includes a lot of nuclear gauss cannons, and a remarkably broad assortment of lasers.  Have they had any noticable effect?

6.If not, contact the cavernverse (via our comms EUE) and tell them to start transferring specific probes into specific dangerous universes, and then into the center of the alien god thing.  Then leave the probes, not sending them anywhere else.  Also, send multiple from each universe.  Specific universes to do this with are:

(2,12,25): We're not sure what this one saw because anyone that looked at the footage began screaming uncontrollably and often attempted self mutilation.
(0,8,8): Sods looking at the probe die.
(12,63,87): The probe came back and from our perspective the view from the cameras distorted, the sods said something about trees, the lights in the room vanished and lasers started tearing the room apart.

Also use probes sent to these ones, because Oz granted permission to send probes to blacklisted universes:

(-36,-36,-36): The probe returns far faster than it should, and it's trailing something. The air in the test chamber distorts and an enormous limb reaches out. It grabs hold of the wall of the test chamber and pulls. From cameras outside the chamber, in space, you can watch as the entire chamber seems to be pulled impossibly in on itself and then vanishes.
(0,0,57): The universe that made people think they were melting.
(1,1,0): Corroding hell. Probe returned violently, falling from several feet in the air onto the ground, breaking into pieces like rotten wood when it did. It appeared to have rusted badly, turning greenish brown and partially dissolving. The rust like substance spread from the probe to the ground the instant it made contact and began to expand outward.
(3,4,5): Another home of the Lurker.  Only send this probe if we can attach a bomb to it beforehand, with multiple remote detonation codes prepared.

7.If the god is STILL a problem, tell the cavernverse to change strategy; instead of teleporting probes from a dangerous universe and then into the god, tell them to teleport probes into the god and then into dangerous universes.  Spread the attempts between nulls and the dangerous universes mentioned above.

8.This question should likely have been asked before, but you know we send probes into a null universe and look at them with a second probe before returning them to our home universe, right?  In this case, was the observation probe the one that infected us?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 14, 2016, 04:38:13 am »

Quote from: C. Leroux -> Supreme Administrator S. Steve
Are circumstances dire enough to warrant the weaponziation of other universes? The universes I am considering are:
(-36,-36,-36)
(12,63,87)
(123,456,789)
(0,-1,0)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 14, 2016, 12:05:32 pm »

4.Note about Kedly's turn: We don't have another EUE preassembled.  If he wants to take one with him, he'll have to deconstruct one of the two which exist in this system.  Not that it matters since EUEs are bigger than the things they can transport, but still.

Modified post in response to this.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 14, 2016, 01:58:09 pm »

Quote from:  Admin Steve Saint  to: Researcher Charles Leroux
(-36,-36,-36) was already been put on the list, but (12,63,87) might be of value.  Thank you for your input.

The other two universes you suggested were considered when I created the list, but both were discarded due to their relatively mundane effects.  The anomalous area has already resisted the effects of our strongest nuclear armaments; why would relatively minor irradiation or explosives have any more of an effect?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 54