Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 86693 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: You Monster
« Reply #675 on: May 21, 2016, 03:52:34 pm »

((...nah. Keep up the good work bossman!))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 21, 2016, 04:39:24 pm »

((Good, because I'll soon be available for helping out with your colonization efforts.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 21, 2016, 05:33:33 pm »

KK, well I guess I'll take charge of the boots on the ground colonisation of Orgy-Verse. Let's send a probe to another galaxy in if first though to see if those protiens are still being blocked
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 24, 2016, 06:12:44 am »

KK, well I guess I'll take charge of the boots on the ground colonisation of Orgy-Verse. Let's send a probe to another galaxy in if first though to see if those protiens are still being blocked

Just. Uh. Let me handle this planet? I'm interested in the life here. It could promise to be quite valuable.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 24, 2016, 07:22:34 am »

Well I'm here when you need me
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #680 on: May 24, 2016, 10:29:38 am »

1.  Ask the engineers to begin retrofitting the warship with an EUE and testing rooms, to act as a backup research center.

2.  What facilities are currently available on this ship?  Is there a medical facility?

3.  Ask the scientists to consider the Doctor's words and begin creating a research methodology for understanding the drawbacks and effects of a wishing orb.  Ask them to consider whether the price of using it could be spread among clones since it cannot be avoided, or whether attempting to use it is foolish.

4.  See if I can bribe Nyars or someone on the Sword with an attuned controller (provide them with the Heph portal info) to briefly open a portal on the Sword from the one on Heph.  If I can, then send a few sods to Heph to get the deathcube and return.  If not, send a shuttle with 5 sods to a jump point to get to the Sword, retrieve the deathcube from Nyars, and come back.  What is the timeframe in terms of turns for something like this?

5.  Attempt to commandeer a crystalline projector from Hephaestus.

6.  If we have all the materials for an EUE loaded, and we can load on general supplies like food and water, leave for the nearest jump point.  Destination is Q'Baja if possible and far from the Lurker and Heph, or another suitable ARM planet far from Heph.

1. Ok.

2. Only basic ones for maintenance of ship and survival of crew. There's a medbay but it's for keeping people alive and has limited lab space set up for standard disease testing.

3. No, you're not gonna get the game to explain a monkey's paw to you. This is the sort of thing you need to do via experimentation.

4. Consider the deathcube in your possession (assuming it belongs to you)

5. Ok, you get one.

6. You have a small, complete EUE loaded. We were making them for the colonies, remember. It isn't big enough to transfer much at a time, but its better than nothing.  Supplies loaded and setting out.

What is the problem getting to Orgy-verse?

Send a creature probe to another galaxy in the orgy-verse with whatever would be needed to track if fourth level protiens are still being blocked
It's only happening on that one planet.

Draw some more "people" in the dirt. Two groups of them this time. Then show them coming together. Point to us, then one of the groups and then to where we are set up. Then try to leave.
You do your thing, and then leave without incident. They don't follow you though.

1.Send a probe from "(0,0,57): The universe that made people think they were melting." into the Shadow Light/Hekatonkheir area.

2.Send a probe from "(1,1,0): Corroding hell. Probe returned violently, falling from several feet in the air onto the ground, breaking into pieces like rotten wood when it did. It appeared to have rusted badly, turning greenish brown and partially dissolving. The rust like substance spread from the probe to the ground the instant it made contact and began to expand outward." into the Shadow Light/Hekatonkheir area.

3.Analyze the many-armed-monster's progress.  Is its growth quickening, rather than staying constant?  Is anything particularly dangerous looking happening to it?  If the answer to either question is yes, send probes from its universe into Gooverse, Fractalverse, and Holyverse.  Hopefully it'll slow down if it expands into multiple universes.  Oh, and also, focus nuclear fire on the arms.  Actually, you know what?  Let it grow.  Worst case scenario we have a more corporeal target to nuke.

4.Try teleporting probes into the Shadow Light area, and then into null verses, in an effort to cut pieces away.

5.Talk with whoever controls the Sword's pocket dimension generators (Steve?), and agree on codes we can use for evaccing warships out of this system.  Make sure our evac plan is rock solid and everyone involved is on the same page.

((Is there anything else I can really do?  Can't think of anything.  Maybe summoning the Lurker into the Shadow Light, but that probably won't make things better.))
1. No effect
2. Limited effect that seems to be overcome and ignored after a few moments.
3. It appears to be growing slowly, or rather pulling itself out slowly. Whatever this thing is, it needs a far firmer anchor to pull itself into the universe than anything you're providing. At this point it's just barely pulling itself out faster than it can yank the shadowlight in.
4.You start running a system of teleporting them in, then out with as much matter around them as possible. It works to a degree. The hands now have a definite advantage.
5. Done.

We're dumping everyone we can everywhere.

Keep my ship at a significant distance from the duelling deities. Keep it moving either toward the jump point or toward Heph (depending on what side of the entity we were on) until the situation resolves.

I also ask the Doctor what the proteins -the ones the signal from the artificial planetoid in orgyverse are blocking - do or affect. Teh short version,l because I am a layman, but not the short short version, because I am curious. I understand if it is complex and affects many things, but I figure the Doctor might have a good idea of what the bodies of orgyverse people are supposed to be like. Not sure if we asked him before, and if not, why we didn't, as he is "a natural" with biology and anatomy and all.

Moving towards heph.

Basically, the effect seems to be inhibiting higher brain function. The other physical effects appear to be incidental.

The hands finish tearing all the shadowlight into the hole in reality they came from. Then they reach out and grab hold of the nearest planet, pulling it in towards them as they continue to try and lift whatever they're attached to out of wherever it is. The planet fragments and the arms are sucked back in, pulling half of it with them and leaving the rest of the debris to expand outward like celestial buckshot, flying toward every gravity well in the system.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 24, 2016, 02:45:43 pm »

((Disaster: Averted.  ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Now all we need to do is survive the impending rain of hellfire.))
((Wonder how spessmagic factory is gonna hold up that...))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 24, 2016, 04:49:23 pm »

that planet was in the outer solar system, and the chunks will probably take weeks, months or years to impact. I think we have time for cleanup, especially if we focus only on the stuff going toward inhabited places.

1) Analyze the rocky spray to determine the amount that is headed toward Heph and other inhabited locations, the timeframe for dealing with them, and hte level of threat they pose for each.

2) any weaponry we have that can break up large chunks or vaporize that stuff (or, yo uknow, just move it elsewhere) should be targeted at the large chunks that might threaten Heph. If the NPCs are capable of controlling the situation without us, let them do so.

3) begin exploration of Orgyverse deep space, outside the realm of the weird civ. continue looking for usable real estate.

4) Relay the information about inhibiting higher brain functions to our people in Orgyverse.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 05:19:47 pm by Ozarck »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 24, 2016, 04:52:23 pm »

Remember, you don't even need to destroy the chunks, just a small nudge with some laser surface ablation should make them miss their mark by a lot over such distances (provided they abide by standard laws of physics). And you have lasers and lenses all over the place, as well as warships. Should be fine.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 24, 2016, 06:41:11 pm »

((Uh... no clue how to use this thing........  I'm sure it will kill me soon enough.))

1.  Give the deathcube to a sod in a distant corner of the ship, in a room they are locked into that can be remotely vented.  If there's a camera in there, keep an eye on them.  They are to try the following, communicating the effect over radio after each combination:

a.  A1, B3.  If nothing happens.... then H1.
  b.  Place crystalline projector nearby.  B1, B3.  If nothing happens, H1.
  c.  Place crystalline projector ammo nearby.  A1, B1, B6.  If nothing happens, H1 (check the effect with ship-wide cameras if the sod is incapacitated).

2.  Create a game that teaches human vocabulary to aliens, similar to the one Dester created.  There are 100 levels, each level teaching rudimentary vocabulary through pictures, and in later levels, some text, and gauging understanding of the material through testing.  For every 10 levels successfully completed, a new game becomes available to play.  The levels become harder later on, with more abstract vocabulary being introduced and eventually sentences.  Level progress for each player is uploaded to a satellite after each level is completed.  Load the game onto 100 datapads, if available.  Repeat action until I get a 5, if allowed.

3.  Ask the engineers to create a prototype satellite the datapads can send level data to.  Probes sent to the universe should be able to wirelessly interface with the satellite to collect level progression info to be returned to our universe.  The satellite should be able to send new programs to individual datapads when requested by a probe sending instructions.

4.  Deploy the satellite in Orgyverse, and send 99 of the datapads to the inhabited planet encased in something that will survive the trip.  Also, it should be made sure that they will land gently, ideally near a population center.  If I don't know how to do this, get help from some of the engineers.

5.  Track incoming space debris.  Either vaporize it with ship weapons, change its trajectory with weapons, or move out of the way.  Try to protect Hephaestus similarly with weaponry if needed.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:08:41 am by ZBridges »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 25, 2016, 07:36:43 pm »

Load up a colony ship with people weapons and food. Fill it up as much as possible while still being comfortable to stay in for years  Everyone who is tagging along for Orgy-verse colonization say so now. Remember that Dester is also doing an orgy-verse mission to test origin equipment, this is not that. This one will avoid combat where possible as well.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 25, 2016, 08:29:10 pm »

Load up a colony ship with people weapons and food. Fill it up as much as possible while still being comfortable to stay in for years  Everyone who is tagging along for Orgy-verse colonization say so now. Remember that Dester is also doing an orgy-verse mission to test origin equipment, this is not that. This one will avoid combat where possible as well.
posting to Join him when done when finished with deep infermary exploration.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 26, 2016, 02:20:28 am »

That could have gone... Worse, Ryan thinks to himself as he returns back to the base.

Quote from: Ryan to Black Ops
Successful contact made. Tribals have been pacified for now with offering of game. Looking into other local colonization issues aside from that of the death star hovering above us. Hasn't noticed us. Yet. This universe good for colonization.

Send patrols out around the site every 2 hours during the day time. They're to look out for the tribals and guide them to us. Otherwise, they are to not engage anything that isn't a threat. If it's the tribals being a threat, they are to retreat back to base.

Take samples of the air; What's the inert gas here? Is it a higher O2/CO2 mix than "home"? Any funky particulates?

Also, plants. Anything edible? What's the hope of contemporary farming here like with the soil? This is a good planet.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 26, 2016, 02:34:22 pm »

1.Other people seem to be dealing with the space debris, so just ensure my personal warship isn't hit.  Otherwise, ignore the entire thing.

2.Blacklist all the undefined nullverses that I sent pieces of Shadow Light to.  Probably doesn't matter, but might as well.

3.Start producing larger EUEs--EUEs capable of transferring warships and larger colony modules.  Just so that we can have the stuff available when we decide it's needed.

4.Start constructing testing rooms, identical to those we use in our home universe, in both cavernverse and fractalverse.  Also construct observation stations with sods and a couple human NPC overseers.  Finally, send a comms EUE to fractalverse.

5.Do some testing with QECs in null verses.  They still function in them, according to previous tests, but how far away from each other can two probes be while still communicating through QECs?  Light-years?  Light-days?  Hours?  Minutes?  Seconds?

6.Amend our inital probing protocols, where we send a probe into a nullverse after it's been somewhere unknown, and then look at it with a secondary probe.  From now on, the secondary probe will be equipped with a QEC, and will send all data it gathers to a tertiary probe also equipped with a QEC, which is as far away from the primary and secondary probes as possible.  The tertiary probe will return exclusively to either cavernverse (or fractalverse once a permanent observation station is set up there).  Finally, while exploration of a new universe is underway, cavernverse/fractalverse is considered to be blacklisted, and probes can only be sent to/from those universes by the staff within the universe.  They will remain blacklisted until they send a probe to our home universe, saying that they're fine.  That way, if an alien god eats them, we don't need to send a probe which can carry said god to figure it out--they'll just stay silent.

((I don't think it's possible to be any more cautious without just using fifty proxy universes or stopping the project entirely.  If anyone can think of more paranoid measures, though, please post them.))
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 54