Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 88029 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: You Monster
« Reply #705 on: May 31, 2016, 10:04:21 am »

((Oh my god... My ship please! =P))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 31, 2016, 11:41:03 pm »

1.In response to my last turn's adjustment to the safety SOPs, you said that one potential problem is that things in null verses degrade.  Both the primary and secondary probes (the one that goes into a candidate universe, and the one which observes that one) will be left to degrade.  We can always make more.  The tertiary probe (the one with a QEC linked to the observation probe, and which is lightyears away from the other probes) is the only one which will return with information.

2.Since the fractalverse creatures are interested in the construction of testing rooms, cancel construction in that universe.  If any tech was inside that is potentially dangerous for others to possess, either retrieve it or nuke it.

3.Previously, you've said that every tech we've tested in Orgyverse behaves the same as it does within our home universe.  Does this hold true for portal generators?

4.If so, run a simple experiment.  Send two probes equipped with portal generators and people who can use them, 30 lightyears away from the Universe Origin (that gives an inaccuracy of ±15 lightyears).  Then have them both generate linked portals.  Are the portals functionally linked?

5.Research what the AM is, with an eye for similar techs that we could send into a universe before her.  Is she uninteresting beyond being a perfect amper?  Or is she a mini ghost ship?  Something else?  If I run into clearance issues, try to have Milno clear them.  Only contact the Doctor if I can't learn anything useful by other means.

Quote from:  Admin Steve Saint  to: General Milno Enedrasi
Testing of amplifiers within universe (-7,-7,-7), or "Orgyverse", is currently on pause, due to a lack of suitably skilled volunteers.  I will see about quickening it.

Is this matter time sensitive?  If not, I would rather be as careful as possible, due to the Armory Master's great value.  With that goal in mind, I must ask: What is the Armory Master?  Does it rely on any technologies beyond simple amplifiers?
((I don't remember if this information was ever publicly stated.  If it has been, Saint just missed it, I guess.))

Quote from:  Admin Steve Saint  to: M26 Team
Due to the remarkable destructiveness of the last universe tested, I have begun construction of auxiliary universe testing rooms within (0,9,0) "Cavernverse".  I have also updated our standard operating procedure for universe exploration, to minimize the likelihood of another extremely dangerous anomaly being brought into (0,0,0).

I doubt (0,9,0) will survive long enough for this mission to conclude, so further facilities should be constructed.  Among the universes known, I have decided upon three universes which are good candidates:  (1,-1,0) "Syrupverse", (5,0,0) "Gooverse", and (-6582,6684,-9811) "Glassphere verse".  Do any of you have plans for these universes, or suggestions of other universes which would be good candidates?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 01, 2016, 07:47:06 am »

Quote from: Dester to: Steve Saint cc:m26 team
I am reluctant to use glasssphereverse as that one may yet harbor human life, were we to find suitable spheres. I have no immediate plans for exploration, but it remains in the list of "benign, potentially colonizable' universes.

perhaps
11,28,89: This universe seems abnormally small, and filled with some kind of fluffy pinkish red matter. No damage but also vacuum, very little heat and no gravity

and factoryverse and rustverse both are potential candidates. Factory verse is the old one that has a bunch of machines making ... stuff, but no signs of life. rustverse, I understand, has another mission headed in to it, so that one might need to wait.

You say you think cavernverse will be destroyed by the end of our mission? Possibly, but so far, all threads have spread fro ma point of origin outward, and while some have moved at relativistic speed, it wold still take eons to spread beyond a single galaxy. So, it is possible to make secondary testing zones in multiple places in cavernverse, and though one be destroyed by something like the Shadow Light, another within the same universe wouldn't experience the effects within our lifetime.

of course, something could go wrong i na way that affects the entire universe at once, but the other is alos possible, and so far, seems more likely.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 01, 2016, 01:16:14 pm »

Quote from: Anthony To: Steve Saint
"Hello sir. From my understanding, you are the overseer for this particular mission. Myself, and quite a few more newbies have been assigned to help with the exploration and colonization of new universes for humanity. We, well myself at least, are ready to help out any way we/I can. Anything in particular you need done, or should we wait for more orders from Steve?"
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 01, 2016, 07:48:11 pm »

Quote from:  Admin Steve Saint  to: Operative Anthony  cc: M26 Team and M26 newbie volunteers
Quote from: Anthony To: Steve Saint
"Hello sir. From my understanding, you are the overseer for this particular mission. Myself, and quite a few more newbies have been assigned to help with the exploration and colonization of new universes for humanity. We, well myself at least, are ready to help out any way we/I can. Anything in particular you need done, or should we wait for more orders from Steve?"
"Technically, Dester Gree is the leader of Mission 26.  As Administrator of Hephaestus, I am merely in charge of infrastructure and logistics.  I do oversee Mr. Gree and his team, in order to minimize risk to Hephaestus and our universe, but he is the primary director of the exploration, colonization, and utilization of universes.

To answer your question, we are currently overhauling our security procedures, as they were recently proven to have potentially dangerous flaws.  Exploration should resume soon, and I suggest you talk to Mr. Gree and his team if you wish to participate.  Additionally, if any of you have experience with amplifiers, I have a special job for you."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 01, 2016, 08:18:40 pm »

Quote from:  Admin Steve Saint  to: General Milno Enedrasi
Testing of amplifiers within universe (-7,-7,-7), or "Orgyverse", is currently on pause, due to a lack of suitably skilled volunteers.  I will see about quickening it.

Is this matter time sensitive?  If not, I would rather be as careful as possible, due to the Armory Master's great value.  With that goal in mind, I must ask: What is the Armory Master?  Does it rely on any technologies beyond simple amplifiers?
Quote from: Milno to Steve Saint
I'd appreciate if the process was accelerated. It's time sensitive in the meaning being in the same dimension as that thing is a constant danger to her. Being careful is fine but it'll be all for nothing if she dies. Quick testing will be necessary.

Synth-flesh. The reactions of synth-flesh to the new universe are of extreme importance. If you want more information on the armory master, ask Steve and he'll probably give it to you.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #711 on: June 02, 2016, 11:29:39 am »

Some to start you off

870,274,309:
Standard exit leads to a white sand beach next to an ocean. No trees or plantlife beyond a thin coating of what appear to be photosynthetic algae or moss along the edge of the water and in random patches on the beach. In the distance, opposite to the beach. Are a range of tall mountains and dark skies. Judging by readings both visual and instrumental there seems to be a great deal of moisture in the air and the skies on the horizon are always dark due to rain and dense humidity. The sky is a darker blue than we're used to and the clouds are thick, but the atmosphere is oxygen rich and the environment such that human life could easily, even comfortably survive. The wildlife, if any exists, is undocumented so that is an unknown for now.

Probes to other parts of the Universe show similar arrangements to our own universe with the slight difference that it appears to be younger.

370,221,188:
Appears at first glance to be similar to cavern-verse except the caverns are of a more reasonable though still extreme size. Other differences include the existence of water, noticeable lifeforms, and what look like ruins near by. We hypothesize that we're in the subterranean realm of a past civilization. What exists above or below we're not really sure. Long range scans come back garbled with encoding errors.

24,247,371:
Appears about half a mile above the surface of a planet. Scans show highly advanced technology in a state of paradoxical disrepair. That is to say that certain areas are in seemingly perfect condition while others are highly degenerated and falling apart. We can only assume that certain areas are either automatically or manually being repaired while others are left to fall to the natural course of decay. We detect movement and life signs but have yet to receive any signals or signs of intelligent life.

904,293,226:
This world seems very earth-like save for the fact that we have observed mountains moving position over a few hour time period. Our port in location is Savannah like and we've observed wildlife, as well as favorable climate readings. Of important note is that something did try to eat our probe. Or at least chewed it a bit.

This one is odd, but bears examining anyways. It appears, from what we can tell, to be a flat gray plane with a heavy white fog. It's a planet from what we can tell with shadows and the observed curvature, but it seems unnaturally smooth and the fog is reactive to electrical signals. We're not sure, but this may be entirely artificial.

Earth like planet, but the interesting part is that there appears to be an artificial ring around the planet, a  giant space station that spans the entire circumference of the planet. We're not entirely sure why; the planet itself appears habitable and there are some very ancient signs that it once was inhabited. There are plenty of living things around as well. The planet appears perfectly usable but the mystery of that giant space station makes it somewhat disconcerting.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 02, 2016, 01:31:50 pm »

Quote from: Anthony To: Dester Gree
"Hello, I just talked to Admin Saint, and was informed that you were the leader of this mission. I just received a download from Steve, listing several potential new homes for humanity. I am interested in 30,318,608 and am hoping to have your blessings to explore it for potential human habitation. I am also hoping to request some equipment, and any other volunteers or personnel that would like to come with me."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 02, 2016, 07:20:00 pm »

Can we assume I found a section of space in Orgy-Verse that seems to be outside of the human controlling aliens area of influence? If so can I have the crew and our colony ship ported there? Also, repeating this part of my last action "send a creature scanner probe combo to what the location of Vincent's home planet would be in comparison to earth. (the orgyverse oppressed planet to where I am sending the second set of probes = Earth to Vincent's home planet {Lets make that a planet in an area of UWM space where they have decent control, but still far enough out that gangs and other organizations can hold a few planets in their control, I have no backstory created for his home planet, I'm just seeing if this universe has similar locational structure as ours}
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 03, 2016, 12:49:02 pm »

Retrieve the Samsonite Abyss fridge.

Send a sod with a flashlight into the fridge.

B1, B3, H1 near the fridge.  If necessary for targeting, attempt to turn the fridge into some sort of weapon after taking a handi stim (mission equipment).

Send one sod into each fridge to ask the sod already in there to come out.  All sods are then to come out of the fridge.

If there are now 4 sods in the room:
Send a colony into the fridge.  Then clone it repeatedly:
500 fridges, covered in air-tight hexplate, in stable orbits around 24,247,371 planets.
500 fridges, covered in air-tight hexplate, in stable orbits around 904,293,226 planets.
1000 fridges, covered in air-tight hexplate, in stable orbits around 870,274,309 planets.
1000 fridges, covered in goo-tight hexplate, orbiting around the solid goo planets in 5,0,0.
1000 fridges covered in air-tight hexplate in 36,36,36 (werewolfverse).

Have one fridge disassembled.  Then, send the parts into another fridge and have it rebuilt.  Then send a sod into the abyss to enter the fridge there.  Are they able to enter an abyss within the abyss?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 05:31:13 pm by ZBridges »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 03, 2016, 03:50:29 pm »

((Pretty sure we don't have it.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 03, 2016, 03:56:17 pm »

((to turn the fridge into a weapon just duct tape a hand laser to it))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 03, 2016, 04:11:36 pm »

((What I mean by that is send a team to retrieve the fridge from its last known location and bring it to Hephaestus by whatever means is fastest.  Anyway, I'm just interested in seeing what will happen.  I know it probably won't work.  Also, I'm a bit of an idiot, so cut me some slack.))
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 04:33:23 pm by ZBridges »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #718 on: June 03, 2016, 06:27:18 pm »

((What I mean by that is send a team to retrieve the fridge from its last known location and bring it to Hephaestus by whatever means is fastest.  Anyway, I'm just interested in seeing what will happen.  I know it probably won't work.  Also, I'm a bit of an idiot, so cut me some slack.))
We can get the fridge, maybe, but the thing inside it collapsed a long time ago. That was over a 100 years ago and those things don't last.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 03, 2016, 06:28:50 pm »

((Ah, thanks for the heads up.  I'll modify my action.))
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54